• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

10 Hour Production Time

DeletedUser

We need the 5 minutes for when you're actively online, or starting with huts.
15 mins go with stilt houses or roof tile houses very nicely.
1 hour you can collect on either side of a tv show. or 1 hour houses
I'll agree to that without question. :)

8 hours if i want a good long sleep or alongside 8hour houses.
You're telling me that you set your productions, shut down the pc, jump into bed and then wake up, running for the pc to turn it back on and then collect your productions? Sorry but I don't quite agree with the "a good long sleep" part here. :rolleyes:

24 hours for when I'm travelling and won't be able to get online for a while.
Yeah, although I'd still prefer to have a 23 hour production here and maybe even a 2 day production option added as well. From my perspective that would make more sense than the 2 day production for goods, as goods don't spoil... While supplies do. So if I want to take the weekend off, well a 2 day production time would be great.

Regards,
Bloodwyn

P.S.: I skipped the 4 hour production option, as I just don't use it. xD

DeletedUser5026

Bartimaeus46 said:
8 hours if i want a good long sleep or alongside 8hour houses.

Hey Bartimaeus, just curious what your definition of good long sleep is. I consider at least 8 hours of non-interrupted sleep to be a good long sleep. So, let's see, the time to set the timer, shut down the computer, and actually sleeping (lying down in bed isn't sleeping yet), is about 15 minutes at least? And in the morning, I'm sure the first thing most of us want to do is to at least brush our teeth and wash our faces before we boot up the com, navigate to the website, load, etc, which takes 15 mins? So that's 8 hours + 15 mins + 15 mins = 8.5 hours... I suppose Bartimaeus' idea of good long sleep is 7 hours, so that works out to be 7.5 hours in total, giving him enough time to collect his stuff in 8 hours?

p.s. I see Bloodwyn is a tad faster than me...

DeletedUser4089

Actually a good long sleep would be 8 hours. My computer is next to my head and stays on all night. I think making things at 3, 7 or 23 is just silly.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind a possibility of 10 hours, or that of 23 ;)

Although if 10 hours is chosen, there still should be a possibility of 4 hours (to complete a 24 hour cycle). ;)

The option of 23 hours was discussed earlier, as in a 24 hour production you will keep moving up a little bit: for example, you start setting it at 10 am, but next time it'll be a bit later so 10.15 am maybe, and so on (it will never be earlier, and you'll never get it exactly at 10 am again), so after a few days you'll end up having it to set at noon or even later, and every now and then you'll miss a day to get back at your 10 am again.

For those that want to time it with houses - they could have these time spans as well?

That said, "not minding" an extra or other possibility doesn't mean I'm not happy with what there is now; I often use 8 hour productions, and just hope they're not stolen when I get back - I can do that twice a day and will never be able to get in the third. That is ok, the game will just last a little longer for me then! Moreover, giving myself some flexibility there as to when I restart the production, my plunderers will never know to the minute when my things are done ^^

Which doesn't mean I'm never plundered... Often I'm just not back in time :(

DeletedUser4800

-1 for me. It would mess up the delicate balance it has right now.