• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

10 Hour Production Time

DeletedUser7719

I want to see this thing a little debated because I'm not sure how great of an idea this is
Proposal:
Change the 8 hour to a 10 hour

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes

Reason:
I need sleep! (And it relates to forge points too)

Details:
Change the 8 hour option to a 10 hour option (add a bit more supplies if needed)

Visual Aids:
too lazy

Balance:
I don't know if it's just me on this, but it feels like 8 hours may feel a bit short when it comes to me wanting to sleep)

Abuse Prevention:
I don't know how this can be abused

Summary:
What I said before

DeletedUser5026

Hello guildy, I don't know about the others, but I sure wouldn't mind if it's implemented... Most people need 8 hours of sleep (like me), so a 10 hour production time would give enough time to fall asleep, and to wake up and brush the teeth and switch on the com... The comparison with forge points makes sense as well, considering that it goes to a maximum of 10...

+1

DeletedUser65

no from me on this as 1 of my more passive relaxing worlds i use the 8 hour production times a lot so i can login and collect similtaneously with my 8hr houses.So changing that to 10hrs would mess that up. However the addition of a 10hr cycle i would agree with

DeletedUser1094

byeordie said:
I'm not sure how great of an idea this is
I'm sorry byeordie, I just couldn't help myself... but doesn't that just say it all? ;)

We can all agree to the need of some kind of timing-changes to the production-times, to make them suit our own personally needs and to make them more RL-coherent. I've seen suggestions of 10,12,13 & 16 hour productions... maybe even more that I can't remember. To accommodate all, we should be able to insert our own production schedule into each production building... that would be a handy feature and a nightmare for the regular plunders, but somehow I don't see that coming any day soon. I too would very much like better production-schedule options, to suit my own needs... a 17 hours production would be nice. ;)

+1 for more production schedule options... but as written above, I just don't see it implemented, because which times among hundreds of player wishes, should it be?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Can I edit the thread to custom production time? I have an idea for that and it feels kinda useless to make another when we're agreeing to make more schedules

DeletedUser

I think a 10 hour production time makes far more sense than 8 hours. People sleep for 8 hours and they need time either side for getting to bed, getting dressed, brushing teeth etc. People work for 8-9 hours and they need time either side for commuting. I think the 8 hour time period makes it impossible for many people to be present when their goods expire thus giving plunderers the opportunity to plunder the same people at the same time every single day which is a bit much. It does interfere with 8 hour house timings but perhaps those can be changed to 10 as well for the same reason.

Major +1 here.

DeletedUser7719

Looks like i can't change it to "add another production time" because that would be "making the game easier"

DeletedUser1094

Well, it's your idea, it's up to you. An additional time-schedule, would enhance the income of the players and would not be allowed, but a change of time-schedules, as your original idea in the OP states, would be re-balancing the income. Some would gain and some would lose... and such ideas are welcome.

DeletedUser653

Lets not lose 8 hours, it fits in with game very well and for many of us is good as far as sleep is concerned.

Add another for 10 hours - great, more choice I can agree with.

DeletedUser

Looks like i can't change it to "add another production time" because that would be "making the game easier"

I was going to same the thing. This game is based on strategy, so tweaking production to fit your needs, just makes it easier

DeletedUser

Persoanlly, I'd rather have the 4 hour production removed, the 8 hour production shortened to something between 7-8 hours and then have the 10 hour production added to fill in the empty gap (as the 4 hour production option would now be missing). Shortening the 24 hour production to something between 23-24 hours would be great as well.

My reasoning:
I currently prefer to use the 8 hour cycle when setting productions, but sometimes I get online just a couple minutes late and have to set an inefficient 4 hour production because otherwise the next 8 hour production would force me to come to *cough* work too late and eventually I'd have to start altering my sleeping pattern as well. So for those who can and want to collect three times a day, I believe a 7 hour production option would be more beneficial.

Furthermore, if a 10 hour option were to be implemented in addition, then a player could still collect 3 times a day by using the 7 hour production twice + the 10 hour production once. And if needed, could just switch back to three rounds of 7 hour productions for the one day where they might need to reset this cycle to their specific needs.​

Does that make sense? It'd be nice if such were taken into consideration as well. :)
I wouldn't mind such a 10 hour production option to be added though. +1 For that.

Regards,
Bloodwyn

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

5m, 15m, 1h - 3h - 9h - 18h would seem to me to be elegant, reasonably useable and a good compromise. We maintain all the short bursts, we add an hour to night time production for those of us who like to get our full 8 hours kip or who work 8 hours and we have one a few hours less than a day long so that we can do long term production but still play for an hour or two and get some short bursts in.

Alternatively perhaps 5 - 15 - 1 - 5 - 10 - 20. For those who like the metric system :)

DeletedUser7719

I could agree with both of you, since I don't use the middle one (4-hour) or the "day" production

DeletedUser

From the proposals above, I'd prefer spla5hmummy's concept of "5m, 15m, 1h - 3h - 9h", but not an "18h" option though. 18 hours just ain't convenient for me, so I'd prefer a 23h option instead. :)

That'd be my vote. :p

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser4089

I like them as they are,
We need the 5 minutes for when you're actively online, or starting with huts.
15 mins go with stilt houses or roof tile houses very nicely.
1 hour you can collect on either side of a tv show. or 1 hour houses
4 hours I use every day alongside my cottages.
8 hours if i want a good long sleep or alongside 8hour houses.
24 hours for when I'm travelling and won't be able to get online for a while.

So, as they are for me thanks.