• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update 1.264 Feedback Thread

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Hey there everyone! Its been a busy week but we still have our regular update for you on Monday :) Read the full changelog here and post any feedback below!

Vesiger

Monarch
  • Before we get to the other changes we want to acknowledge your feedback about the Collapsible Quests Window. Some of you mentioned that the name of the quests button is too generic when Quests are collapsed, as it only says "Story". We're looking into alternative naming for it but unfortunately can't tell you when we will be able to add it.
The problem is not the name - that's an issue when you first encounter the window, but you learn what it is after a while, however unhelpful the labelling.
The problem is that you can't see when you have contributed towards or completed a Daily Quest, or whether you have one still unstarted. If (to take a not unusual example) you get a quest to complete 12 four-hour productions and set your fleet of blacksmiths off to do their work, when you come back and collect from your city you need to  remember what the purpose of those productions originally was, and go off and look to see whether you have a quest reward or not. It's entirely possible to complete a quest and totally miss the reward because there was no indication that it had been completed.

• The Buff Bar will now stay expanded until you close it by clicking on it again. It's in your hands now, when to close it!
Alright. Nice. Thanks for listening to feedback.
However, if the buff bar expands horizontally it clutters a part of the city. It didn't before (on browser) when it was displayed vertically at the edge of the screen.

Last edited:
The problem is not the name - that's an issue when you first encounter the window, but you learn what it is after a while, however unhelpful the labelling.
The problem is that you can't see when you have contributed towards or completed a Daily Quest, or whether you have one still unstarted. If (to take a not unusual example) you get a quest to complete 12 four-hour productions and set your fleet of blacksmiths off to do their work, when you come back and collect from your city you need to  remember what the purpose of those productions originally was, and go off and look to see whether you have a quest reward or not. It's entirely possible to complete a quest and totally miss the reward because there was no indication that it had been completed.
A solution to this could perhaps be something like what has been done now with the buff bar. An option to either keep all the quests visible or collapsed. Player's choice.
The problem with the collapsed quests and the new buff bar is the same really. We can no longer immediately see the status of all the quests and buffs. We now have to open a menu to see it.

Last edited:

Ev4ma

Captain
A solution to this could perhaps be something like what has been done now with the buff bar. An option to either keep all the quests visible or collapsed. Player's choice.
The problem with the collapsed quests and the new buff bar is the same really. We can no longer immediately see the status of all the quests and buffs. We now have to open a menu to see it.
Yep, it should be made a thing in settings so people can choose their preferred layout.

Vesiger

Monarch
The current event quests are popping to the front and showing a tick when completed, so the mechanism is presumably there for the daily quests to do the same?

Nidwin

Sergeant
Not mentioned in the changelog but I truly like the change (hotfix) that the inventory doesn't close anymore when you use a buff potion. This was truly annoying to have to open the inventory every time when wanting to use a lot of buff potions in one go. Nice work, thanks.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Whilst the update is correct in saying that an improvement has been made to the Buff Bar, yes nice improvement, however, what about those of us who really do not want this intrusive, unasked for, useless, icon just hanging about on a screen , why cannot all icons, and I do mean all, be hidden ? By simply having an option in settings for the player to choose which ones they want on their screen along with a sizing option ? I can happily play the game without 90% of them, most are informational and there are simply too many items on the screen, I cannot enter my PvP tower or colony because the event icon is in the way, its too big anyway, it's about time that players were given the choice as to what they want to see, I play on mobile, phones are a nightmare and even tablets are becoming crowded, I looked at the PC browser version, but that's even worse, although at least their icons are of a reasonable size.

bootnreboot

Private
the only icon i care about in the Buff Bar is the one showing how many negotiations i have left to do from my Space Carrier with the Diplomatic Gifts and now its buried at the end of the row non-visible until you expand the Buff bar. give us the option to changed the order so we can choose which one is displayed without expanding the bar please.