• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

anyone else just sticking around to see if INNO will create someting that feels like gvg ?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
exactly , gvg was the heart of this game and nothing has realy replaced it yet
Heart of this game? When it was only approx 5% of the players that even bothered with that boring part of the game. GvG was dead and a waste of resources, other than for a few diehards. GvG is gone and good riddance. QI is still a rather questionable addition to the game - but who knows what else is coming down the pipeline. Not as if Inno really says anything about the future (which is really poor communication)

Shad23

Emperor
Heart of this game? When it was only approx 5%
am sure if it would have been available on app it would have been a lot more then 5% it was 5 % cause of that specifick reason gvg was the part of the game where there was the most strategy there's realy nothing on-line at moment that i can find with as much strategy in it since they announced that gvg would get ditched i have been looking for something that feels like gvg in other games and never found a thing that gives me that feeling

Has that ever helped?
posted this on beta

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
am sure if it would have been available on app it would have been a lot more then 5% it was 5 % cause of that specifick reason gvg was the part of the game where there was the most strategy there's realy nothing on-line at moment that i can find with as much strategy in it since they announced that gvg would get ditched i have been looking for something that feels like gvg in other games and never found a thing that gives me that feeling

That is debatable. I don't think app players look for the same things in the game as PC players do. I am a PC player and I seriously doubt I would play this game on the app. I sometimes do on my iPad and compared to PC it really is not that great. GBG on the app sucks with having to swipe those units. Since the majority of players are app players these days I can undertand Inno is looking for other gameparts that are much less real time than GvG was.

On beta they forward almost everything. Don't know if that is a positive or a negative. I think it might be a negative. Ideas will be discarded much easier if there are so many. My question however is, in all your years of playing, how many times have you seen Inno do something with suggestions like this?

Shad23

Emperor
That is debatable
when i 1st started FOE my guild had a majority of app players and a lot of them wished they could help in gvg
how many times have you seen Inno do something with suggestions like this?
i don't remember wich of my ideas has been implemented but i do know they have implemented at least 1 of my ideas eaven if technically this idea ain't mine i do think it's a good idea wich is why i posted it on beta forum

PK23

Private
I can undertand Inno is looking for other gameparts that are much less real time than GvG was.
well i beg to differ lots of app players have more troops then what they need and this game needs a sink hole to use those troops gvg was great for that

King 8 ball

Private
+ loads of players have a load of units from other era's would be nice if INNO would do something like gvg was so those units can be used eaven if in that idea does'nt technically use other era units it would still be closser to gvg then anything we have at moment

Agent327

Overlord
well i beg to differ lots of app players have more troops then what they need and this game needs a sink hole to use those troops gvg was great for that
How on earth is that an argument? They could not sink them before, they could not sink them now. Nothing has changed for them!

Agent327

Overlord
when i 1st started FOE my guild had a majority of app players and a lot of them wished they could help in gvg

Nothing strange there. People usually want to help, till they find out what it actualy means. Then they will drop out. Why is it that only a small percentage of the PC players that could play GvG actually did it? That 5% mentioned is not from the total amount of players, but only from the PC players.

i don't remember wich of my ideas has been implemented but i do know they have implemented at least 1 of my ideas eaven if technically this idea ain't mine i do think it's a good idea wich is why i posted it on beta forum

Maybe 1 of your ideas has been implemented, but from the thousends suggested only a few actually make it. There have been great ideas for army management, like showing from what barracks the units did come and none of them ever made it into the game. Sure, stacking units is one, but not in the way it was oproposed. When it finally made it, it was not in the way it was asked for.

Shad23

Emperor
How on earth is that an argument? They could not sink them before, they could not sink them now. Nothing has changed for them!
well PC players could but can't anymore just makes sense to me that app players would want a sink for their troops so they could catch up to PC players in rankings who had years of using gvg troop sink and PK23 knows that cause he did talk with players when we first started FOE app players have been complaining about not having that sink for years and cause of that they could not catch up on PC players global rankings

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
well PC players could but can't anymore just makes sense to me that app players would want a sink for their troops so they could catch up to PC players in rankings who had years of using gvg troop sink and PK23 knows that cause he did talk with players when we first started FOE app players have been complaining about not having that sink for years and cause of that they could not catch up on PC players global rankings

Gvg player rankings got destroyed within months of gbg being released. Everyone that wanted too caught up and double or tripled the rankings from the first 7/8 years of the game being released.

Before gbg you could easily stay in the top 50 rankings on mobile with activity and even a lot higher. I was 10-20s without any gvg playing. Now it's just who can tap the same buttons over and over to maintain higher rankings.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Not really hanging on for a replacement for GvG, just ignoring the fact that the devs are a load of daft p****s and getting on with game as it is now, but with less and less activity, giving QI a good crack of the whip, mainly as support for lower members of my Guild but finding it totally soul destroying, boring, stale, repetitive and total waste of my time, got better things to do like watching paint dry ! The few players left in our Guild that used to play GvG are heartbroken and I sadly suspect most will leave the game altogether, most have already dropped their activity to virtually nothing.., GvG was the part of the game you could p**s other Guilds off in and create a little Mayhem now and then, now there's nothing...Nice one Inno...how to destroy one of the best games out there, am looking for a new challenging game but this one is dying, so unless there is some real decent challenging changes and quick, unsure If I will be here next year.

Shad23

Emperor
posted this on beta in idea section :
hopefully they'll implement some sort of sink hole for troops cause if not Alcatraz will become obsolete fast

it's a shame that this is just an april fools video it could be enough to keep me in the game
Uber had a nice idea not sure i'd want it exactly like his idea but anyways INNO never implements our ideas exactly how we ask for them and my general goal with posting this was so INNO implements a sink hole for troops

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
Here is your sinkhole

Schermafbeelding 2024-04-06 170809.png

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
hopefully they'll implement some sort of sink hole for troops cause if not Alcatraz will become obsolete fast

Uber had a nice idea not sure i'd want it exactly like his idea but anyways INNO never implements our ideas exactly how we ask for them and my general goal with posting this was so INNO implements a sink hole for troops
Alcatraz will become obsolete? If you had not noticed, it is already becoming obsolete. Inno has torpedoed their own product when they started with all these super increased stats on the buildings, not mention the troops. About the only value Traz maintains (and I say only in this case, because of the huge footprint it takes up), is that you can at least decide which troops you want it to create - as opposed to all these new buildings pumping out new troops everyday, which are random - an emmissary from each settlement that produces 13/day, Royal Bathhouse 20/day and so on. These over-powered new buildings as well as 'golden' or 'platinum' or whatever new upgrades to previous year Event Buildings have made the game very unstable. Watch for new Event Buildings next year giving out 100+ troops and 1000+ combat stats.

Shad23

Emperor
Alcatraz will become obsolete? If you had not noticed, it is already becoming obsolete.
exactly my point i don't want my Traz to be obsolete it was so usefull in gvg PLS oh PLS FoE dev's pls implement something where we can use all these troops from multiple era's that we have been collecting for years with help of our Traz

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
exactly my point i don't want my Traz to be obsolete it was so usefull in gvg PLS oh PLS FoE dev's pls implement something where we can use all these troops from multiple era's that we have been collecting for years with help of our Traz
If not for GvG, the Alcatraz would have been obsolete 5 years ago. It was only useful for GvG ever since the space ages released, boost inflation started, and we started winning lots of current age troops in various ways. When GE 5 was released last year, it started giving even more troops in place of diamonds.

And I'm saying this as an owner of a level 152 Alcatraz, it was already dead. If this is a game only about your current era (which it is now with GvG gone) then Alcatraz was already obsolete. I have never built a single barracks for SAJM and I have 3-5K troops of every kind, none of them made by Alcatraz. You don't even really need rogues to play any more with the massive amount of boosts that have been released in the game, and there are other ways to win rogues now too.

As soon as I feel like I have a lifetime supply of whatever I may want or need, Alcatraz is getting deleted.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Alcatraz, like so many GBs is quickly becoming redundant, I was having a look at what GBs I could actually delete and to be perfectly honest there are really only 4 or 5 left that are still of any use, so I can quite happily now delete 15 or 16 GBs and not really notice any difference apart from a drop in ranking, and have never cared about that from day 1, but the amount of really powerful event buildings I have piling up in inventory, if then placed in my city would probably propel me far in advance of where I am now. INNO needs to look at really rebalancing the game and fairly quickly because it's dying the way it is