• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

General conversation

DeletedUser117870

Cursedveggie, I'm surprised you haven't lost that battle. I've been married for 38 years and know well the futility of fussing against what she wants. I haven't travelled by plane since 2014. We flew out to visit some friends in British Columbia. I'd like to go back if the chance ever comes my way again.
I think it was the ninth battle in the first expedition that I lost. I went in with two soldiers, three slingers and three horse. I'm at the early stages of the Iron Age. I think my mistake was trying to be too aggressive in the battle. It is likely I need a different formation. Been thinking three soldiers, three slingers and two horse would work better. I'd ben interested in your opinion.

Ati, that got me to chuckle. it reminds me of some of the cat stories I've come across where someone left a door open and found a cat that wandered in. They do tend to believe they own everything, if not at first, it doesn't take long :)

Lady Marlena, thank you.
My baby is a mix of Russian and English blue. What are yours?

DeletedUser113125

I think it was the ninth battle in the first expedition that I lost. I went in with two soldiers, three slingers and three horse. I'm at the early stages of the Iron Age. I think my mistake was trying to be too aggressive in the battle. It is likely I need a different formation. Been thinking three soldiers, three slingers and two horse would work better. I'd ben interested in your opinion.
Zeus really helps and you should get bps from aiding but check out your neighbourhood for cheap rewards.
I never liked any horse troops, especially mounted archers, they outpace the rest of your troops and tend to die. It’s often worth thinking about skipping the first turn so the other side moves closer to you on their turn. Aim to hit them before they can hit you. Ranged weapons that give you 1 or 2 turns of hitting them from afar are good. My favourite were archers early on as small space in city, with skipping first turn then attacking, or ballistas. Others might say otherwise.

DeletedUser112090

Hi Cursedveggie.

OK apologises if asked before but I cant hold it any longer....Why the Countdown to 7 Dec 2020

DeletedUser117870

Zeus really helps and you should get bps from aiding but check out your neighbourhood for cheap rewards.
I never liked any horse troops, especially mounted archers, they outpace the rest of your troops and tend to die. It’s often worth thinking about skipping the first turn so the other side moves closer to you on their turn. Aim to hit them before they can hit you. Ranged weapons that give you 1 or 2 turns of hitting them from afar are good. My favourite were archers early on as small space in city, with skipping first turn then attacking, or ballistas. Others might say otherwise.

Interesting you mention skipping the first turn. I only take small steps on the first turn with a result much like what you get. It is easy to lure them. I'm not sure about the mounted archers or ballistas. I'm not that far along yet. I'll keep Zeus in mind as I move forward. My next target for military research will be archers. :)

DeletedUser113125

When I was working I had to be up at that hour to get ready for work. I always made sure I fed him before anything else. When I stopped working four years ago kitty didn't get the memo lol
A while ago I was staying with my sister, her cat is not friendly. It is a beautiful sleek black rescue cat with huge ears and murder mittens. I wonder if it has some Siamese in it as very vocal. It ran into the room saw me, stopped, then meowed loudly a few times. I replied that my sister was upstairs. It blinked then ran upstairs. I’m 100% sure it understood me. It also chooses to pretend that we have never met before when I go round.

What world are you on @King Eryaer?

Galladhorn

Monarch
Am I the only person who is sensible and has a dog?

No I am sensible too, I have neither cat, dog or kids ;D.
In fact I do like animals and Kids, but nearly all my freinds have kids and I have seen their haning eyes they first 2-4 years and I live in a big city – don´t want to have a dog nor a cat since I must often travel – not fair for the Animal.

DeletedUser117870

A while ago I was staying with my sister, her cat is not friendly. It is a beautiful sleek black rescue cat with huge ears and murder mittens. I wonder if it has some Siamese in it as very vocal. It ran into the room saw me, stopped, then meowed loudly a few times. I replied that my sister was upstairs. It blinked then ran upstairs. I’m 100% sure it understood me. It also chooses to pretend that we have never met before when I go round.

What world are you on @King Eryaer?

Rescues are almost a different breed, a class of their own. They often do not take well to strangers and tend to view anyone outside their chosen human with a display ranging between cold indifference to hostility. I've handled a few rescues over the years. kIttens are easier to handle. They normally take to anyone who shows them affection. Older cats are much harder to ease into a comfort zone. Sometimes the animal has been so badly mistreated it can't ever be 100% easy in a home. My basic rule has always been to firmly set the ground rules and not to push my attention on the cat. I always let them come to me.

I'm playing on Langendorn.

Deleted member 109369

Lady Marlena, thank you.
My baby is a mix of Russian and English blue. What are yours?

Your's sounds beautiful. Mine are a domestic short hair and a domestic long hair. The short hair is 21 and I swear is going to outlive us all, and also extremely vocal. How long have you been playing the game for? :)

Last edited by a moderator: