• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Sabotage - Plunder

DeletedUser116616

I would like to know if there is a differential between "sabotage" and "plunder". I was attacked, with the result I was plundered (indicated in history). I also had to repair the production building which was plundered. I don't remember how much it cost or know where to look for the results. I have done a google search but their explanations on sabotage were not quite what I was looking for. I hope someone can explain this to me... Thanks..

Emberguard

Legend
You plunder the building by sabotaging it. So yeah the terms are referring to the same thing there's no real difference. The only difference is basically what the relationship is of that object/person within the action that takes place

upload_2019-1-29_14-48-4.png

DeletedUser

It does sound like something truly heavy sabotage but I am no native.
But ruining buildings permanently isn’t possible I assure that.

I did not know that I had it in me to do that ;)
I thought plundering was bad already I mean who does that.

Emberguard

Legend
It does sound like something truly heavy sabotage but I am no native.
But ruining buildings permanently isn’t possible I assure that.
It basically means a act that hinders. Usually through destruction, obstruction or damage of some kind. Like with many things there's varying degrees of how serious it can be applied.

DeletedUser

It basically means a act that hinders. Usually through destruction, obstruction or damage of some kind. Like with many things there's varying degrees of how serious it can be applied.

Yes, I sense it now this was indeed a word from which I couldn’t determine the different meanings/ intentions it can have.

DeletedUser115548

I have been getting plundered a lot lately. If not a goods or production buildings but a house. I know my army isn't the greatest but its hard to save up supplies to upgrade your army when someone is plundering. Is there any other way to keep people from plundering?

Agent327

Overlord
I have been getting plundered a lot lately. If not a goods or production buildings but a house. I know my army isn't the greatest but its hard to save up supplies to upgrade your army when someone is plundering. Is there any other way to keep people from plundering?

City Shield or collecting on time.

DeletedUser

There's a tavern boost that'll stop all attacks for one to three days.

DeletedUser108359

or collect in time. best and cheapest way. although not always possible because of life

DeletedUser108359

You have to click on the building to clear the plunder notification before you can start producing again (on the app at least). I guess this is what the OP was talking about

Correct, on browser as well.
plundering is when they steal what the building has produced and the sabotage part is that it then ceases to produce again until you click on it to repair it. as far as i know this costs nothing.

So effectively they are 2 different things and when someone plunders you both occur.

Emberguard

Legend
A few options
1 - city shield from the tavern. I'd only use the 3 day shield. The 1 day shield isn't necessarily going up do much as the attackers are already on a 1 day cycle

2 - have a 24 hr collection cycle. Make sure you collect on time. Plunderers can only take what's finished

3 - have a collection cycle of two 8 hr cycles (or smaller more often). Each plunderer can only take once per 24 hrs. So if you have smaller amounts more often then they can only take smaller amounts then if you do a large amount and mistime collecting

Defending Army
4 - use unattached troops. This is much easier to find out in Desktop as there's a setting you can activate on Desktop to show which are which. However if you haven't got the setting activated you an use the filter to show only unattached troops. Make these your defending army and try to make sure you have current age as much as possible

Where do you get unattached? Spending event currency, Guild Expedition, Daiky Challenges and Quests (in general)

Once you've got unattached defending you won't have to worry about running out of troops as they don't take up space in your city. Just don't use the blue (defending) troops to attack

5 - just before collecting activate a tavern boost. I'd mostly recommend using your tavern once already fully upgraded, but if it's a peaceful neighbourhood that'd be a good time to use the 4 hr supply boost

6 - send a friend request to your plunderer. You can't attack friends or guildmates

7 - Great Buildings and event buildings will be a great friend of yours. The following cannot be plundered:
- Any Age buildings
- Great Buildings
- Motivated Buildings
- Not yet finished productions

I'd recommend building the Lighthouse of Alexandria Great Building. It will boost your supplies and give current age goods.

8 - aid often. Especially your friends list. Most players will only aid those that aid them back. This'll protect your supply buildings, housing and event buildings. Use the filter in your event history (top left dropdown menu to show filter) to go through Friends and Social Interactions. Aid from there. Anyone in your friends list with the aid option still available hasn't aided within the last week and can be culled if you feel you need to make room for more friends

DeletedUser113901

9 Get a 6 artilleries and 2 rogues army and plunder back, no matter the casualties. The top 3 in a hood usually have many TFs and at least one Maharaja's palace, so you can hurt them much more than they can hurt you. After plundering 15 or so FP, offer a NAP (yes, just like in GvG) and they should accept.

If you can get 6 artilleries and 2 rogues you can do most of GE lvl 1 by fighting and with minor casualties, wich should grant you 3 units (sometimes 4), some BPs, a lot of coins and supplies as well as some other stuff.