• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Ages to come

DeletedUser276

I can answer some of the questions in here but Pembar started talking about the beta server. Since I have allergies to zz I must politely excuse my self from the conversation in here ;)

Does anyone remember how long the CA was on the beta-beta server before being released formally? I was wondering whether we would be given some kind of (sufficient) warning when the new Industrial age is released.

Thanks

DeletedUser

I never really was attracted to modern ages such as WWII and beyond, add-ons to older ages like Middle Ages would be great.

DeletedUser

I never really was attracted to modern ages such as WWII and beyond, add-ons to older ages like Middle Ages would be great.

FoE is officially still in Beta and new major features are still being added constantly.
Add-ons are features that are implemented to a released game to access additional game content that the initial game does not include.
As FoE isn't fully released yet and the devs are still working on main content, I very much doubt they'll be working on add-ons any time soon, if at all (since it's FtP after all).

- L

DeletedUser3157

I'm still saying this game lacks the fundamental happiness building - a brothel. Never too late to add it. Or maybe an idea for valentine's day quest reward.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm still saying this game lacks the fundamental happiness building - a brothel. Never too late to add it. Or maybe an idea for valentine's day quest reward.

Technically you're right and I've had a couple of jokes about it in the game with some people..
The thing is, it may be considered offensive to some people and that has to be taken into account too (regardless of how silly you'd find that).

- L

DeletedUser

Not to sound like a 'kill-joy', but as a woman, I do not find the idea of brothels funny - at all!
Going back to my dream of the Age of Exploration, it would be so cool to go to (say) India and build a Taj Mahal, and have ornate and exotic buildings and houses from other places. Now, that would look kind of funny to have those mixed in with your other buildings from Europe.

DeletedUser3707

Offensive material, although accurate, should NOT be implemented.

Next people will be asking to implement "Slavery". Or "Indian Genocide" technologies to unlock new land and Tiles. Or "Child Labour" for cheap production. Etc, etc.

DeletedUser11518

On the first page Anwar said that the next age is going to be the Industrial Age, and then hinted at working on a Progressive Era (does that mean that we have Colonial Age - Industrial Age - Progressive age?)

After that I can imagine a Modern Age, a Computer/Internet/Information Age, a Fission Age and a Space Elevator Age.

DeletedUser11481

A potential issue with new ages is the current system has 5 units type each with specific vulnerabilities and advantages. I first saw it and thought of rock paper scissors. Problem for modern ages will be we have to move away from infantry units. An other problem is in last 200 years you could say there have been many ages in tech. One problem for realism is defense will need to actually drop down to iron age for a few ages since for several hundred years people didnt use armor when guns became common. Armor just didnt work against it. An other issue is all of this is from the europe point of view except mounted archers which were mongol. The game would be very different if from the central asia point of view with samurai and no guns until 1800s.

New age ideas:
Industrial Revolution: This would be 1775-1855. Ending with just before USA civil war.
Units: Fast: please no more melee Calvary. They need to revisit mounted archers and make that the new calvary. Still give them inferior guns since they are mounted and moving quickly. Can give them short range weapon 1-2 ages behind current age.
Short range: give them a sharps rifle. It was one of the first long range rifles. Also riffling was perfected along with cap and ball not gun powder. More range more damage.
Long range:simple bigger cannons.
Heavy melee: if they want to go the grenadear route fine. Give more range/damage on short range explosives.
Light melee: this should be nearly the last time any ones uses melee. They can have bayonets but also give them a short range. If possible have the damage do different amounts depending on melee or range.

Civil War:1860s-1900
Units: Fast defiantly give them a rifle. It would have to be at least as good as the the age befores short range.
Short range: they started making gatling guns. If an automatic weapon can be come up with great. This unit can be a long/short range hybrid. More range, slightly less damage (accuracy) and be slower since hauling it around.
Long range: better cannons
Heavy melee: It was known of infantry who used different types of rounds for anti personal. It was a combination of a big ball with a few small ones shot at once. Think a shot gun with decent accuracy but less scatter. Give better range but not quite as good progression of damage.
Light Melee: if you want to keep melee alive must compensate some how. Such as they get 1 ranged attack per battle then must use melee as in reloading.

WWI: 1900-1935
Units: Fast did still exist but this is the last war horses were used. Give them nearly equal attack/range to previous age. Could make fast a byplane gunner.
Short range: sniper rifles were now used. Give them more range/damage but low speed not much better than long range. Carrying a sniper rifle with heavy gear/armor slows you alot.
Long range: make them nearly if not completely imobile. Im thinking artillary that take are built into area or take a long time to move like hours for what would take a truck minutes. Reduce speed more and increase damage. Dont increase range. Could make it do reduced damage to any target in trees/brush/rocks/hills as in they have cover.
Heavy melee: this is where things really change. You would replace this with a light tank. They had 1-3 man tanks that were basicly glorified trucks with 1/2-3/4 armor all the way around. More of a mobile gun platform than encased tank. Give equal or near equal range to short range and make is very strong. Make it like calvery/long range that it cant move on rocks or swamps. Reudce the speed some.
Light melee: This would be a troopers with a semi auto rifle. Give more range and decent damage.

WWII:1935-1950
Untis: Fast: would be jeep attack platform. High speed, decent damage, decent range but low armor. Could make fast a jet.
Short range: better sniper. Maybe getting range of first bronze age long range but slow and low armor.
Long range: make them immobile or you can only move them 1 time in battle. Idea of it was hauled there but cant move under own power. More damage and defense since now its all metal.
Heavy melee: full fleged tank. Heavier and cant move on swamp, rocks or trees. Make slower but more damage/defence.
Light melee: give them range of early age short range and more damage since machine guns.

Cold War: 1950-1980
Units: Fast: It would need to be a jet. And planes are not tanky so function the same. Give it both bombs and guns. Have bombs be melee and do high damage and guns be range but low damage. Make jets not targetable by some units as in machine guns. They are too high and too fast.
Short range: nothing new. Just increase damage
Long range: make completely immobile but more damage. Could make them a missile with limited or 1 shot with splash damage.
Heavy melee: better tanks. Now let them move on trees again.
Light melee: give the commando a rocket launcher with 1 shot that does high ranged damage then just machine gun.

Modern: 1980-2010
Units: Fast: jets and or remote drones
Short Range: definently range of early long range but make as slow as they were
Long range: make missile or other artillary that cant move
Heavy melee: tanks that are only threatened by missiles and long range. Allow movement over rocks.
Light Melee: give them range or early game short range.

DeletedUser

Real life can be depressing and I do not look forward to this game following these lines. It is a game, there should be more room for fantasy and fun =p I do not relish the idea of the Industrial Age, etc. (as mentioned above).

I think there should be more imagination put into plans for future ages. Let's have a better world here; better than the real one!

DeletedUser276

The game wont follow those lines. We planned from the start to have x amount of ages in the game. Adding all those would push it too far. As of right now I would only expect 3 more ages tops. This might change way down the line but its whats reasonably expected too. We wont of course have a world war 1 or 2 age. or any other war age. Wars dont mark ages and its counterproductive to think so. Technology and culture mark ages. Culture being the big measuring post.

DeletedUser

I am relieved to hear that, Blacksmith, and I totally agree that wars don't mark ages. I really like the idea that technology and culture mark ages.

DeletedUser3707

"European" culture. Some Indian, or Chinese, or Japanese buildings would be nice.

DeletedUser

I think so, too. It would be fun to have something like a pagoda (for example) mixed in with everything else to create a cool, eclectic collection of buildings... But, there could be rules or quests that you have to travel to Japan first to get to build the pagoda ;D

DeletedUser

Hi guys and girls was wondering if anyone knew how to find the point value for colonial age buildings please , tried searching in search but nothing .many thanks
i used this thread so i didn't have to create another just for a question

DeletedUser4800

The game wont follow those lines. We planned from the start to have x amount of ages in the game. Adding all those would push it too far. As of right now I would only expect 3 more ages tops. This might change way down the line but its whats reasonably expected too. We wont of course have a world war 1 or 2 age. or any other war age. Wars dont mark ages and its counterproductive to think so. Technology and culture mark ages. Culture being the big measuring post.
So what are you saying? Are we going to find ourselves to a dead end?

I mean how short the ages are, even the LMA which is the hardest age took me less than a month to finish. Previous ages are easier and faster and Collonial is easier and faster as well.

So the whole game can be finished from start to finish right now in 4 months

DeletedUser6147

So what are you saying? Are we going to find ourselves to a dead end?

I mean how short the ages are, even the LMA which is the hardest age took me less than a month to finish. Previous ages are easier and faster and Collonial is easier and faster as well.

So the whole game can be finished from start to finish right now in 4 months

hopefully we will soon see something like guild wars and stuff like that. Something to do after we have got all the shiny stuff :)