• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expedition Level 5 Feedback Thread

*LordC

Private
I think it’s an absolutely garbage update and will not be bothering with it one bit. The defence requirements are insane - even if I wanted to trash my city and put up st basils deal castle etc I’d still be miles short of having enough to fight my way through it. And the rewards are not at all worth it. Congrats inno on releasing a feature that virtually no one is ever going to play.

pls like his comment if he gets more then 5 likes on it he will make an idea out of it in idea section Xeon is in my guild so i know he will do this if his comment gets more then 5 likes , me and a few of my guild members will now boycott GE all together till GE is fixed this is a big mess
Got 5 likes , so its now an official idea in that section of the forum..
Thanks for all those who liked - and don't forget to VOTE!

Callum42

Private
I just finished my first and last level 5 – Depleted my goods stock. I used up all the diamonds I had won elsewhere and some, and when I looked at the pile of rewards…. boy, have you got this wrong. In my opinion, this addition comes over as another cash earner and supports the view that FOE is more concerned with profit than giving value for money.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I've been waiting years for defense to be relevant in the game, but with bad implementation it is unsatisfying on arrival. I am in SAJM and did not ignore defense like so many players did, I built my Deal and Basil back when attack boost was max at 100-150% and having them was actually relevant, and even though they have not bene relevant I kept them and took them over level 100. That plus watchfires, ritual flames, tactician towers and event buildings like mikoto bridge, athlon abbey and bear mountain - I have them all, so I approach level 5 with a base blue stats of 726/1374.

1) I could fight the first 11 encounters, but the last 5 are ridiculously hard and the defense stats to fight them are not even possible with what's released in the game. I don't consider being forced to negotiate with 1000 goods per encounter "possible" to play, it's actually the game's admission it's not possible and giving you an option to buy your way out instead. negotiation should be an option when you haven't built up your city yet, not the only option even after you have fully leveled defense GBs and a city chock full of defense buildings. I eventually fought all the encounters but I had to use 560% in blue potions and build +230/+230% fortification on each of the last encounters. Fortifications are sustainable to spend goods on, but blue potions are not sustainable and will run out.

2) Ironically, my blue stats would be good enough for all of GE (level 4 only goes up to 569%) except the level 5 that actually uses them. It's a good, long overdue, concept to make defense stats relevant in the game, it's not a good concept to put defense at the top of a "pyramid" of difficulty that outpaces even what's been released in the game for red attack stats. Especially the last 3 encounters that jump wildly in difficulty to 1383%, 1655% and 1967% on level 5, most players could not beat that even with their red attack stats. WTF really is going on there, the difficulty increases at a normal pace on level 5 until suddenly it jumps up 108%, 210%, 238%, 272%, and 312% (!!!) on the last 5 encounters? This feels like a middle finger to make sure even prepared players can't fight the last encounters.

From a playability standpoint, the last 5 encounters are way out of step, if those were brought more in line with the difficulty progression for everything else, it would be possible to complete level 5 by fighting, with reasonable effort on the player's part to build a balanced city - It's NOT as it is now.

And this is all before we address if the rewards you get are worth the effort (not really, no.) Considering GE is no longer a good source of diamonds, and players already have all the attack stats they need to farm the hell out of Battlegrounds, and we win more diamonds and other rewards by farming battlegrounds (this is the elephant in the room that remains unaddressed while GE gets nerfed to death,) why would anyone want to go to the effort to complete GE level 5 for 4 weeks to win enough fragments for some buildings that are really only good to continue winning fragments in GE every week. It's a loop unto itself. Do GE 5 so that you can keep doing GE 5 for fragments, and if you don't, the building expires. This is all "stick" and no "carrot."

Shad23

Emperor
I've been waiting years for defense to be relevant in the game, but with bad implementation it is unsatisfying on arrival. I am in SAJM and did not ignore defense like so many players did, I built my Deal and Basil back when attack boost was max at 100-150% and having them was actually relevant, and even though they have not bene relevant I kept them and took them over level 100. That plus watchfires, ritual flames, tactician towers and event buildings like mikoto bridge, athlon abbey and bear mountain - I have them all, so I approach level 5 with a base blue stats of 726/1374.

1) I could fight the first 11 encounters, but the last 5 are ridiculously hard and the defense stats to fight them are not even possible with what's released in the game. I don't consider being forced to negotiate with 1000 goods per encounter "possible" to play, it's actually the game's admission it's not possible and giving you an option to buy your way out instead. negotiation should be an option when you haven't built up your city yet, not the only option even after you have fully leveled defense GBs and a city chock full of defense buildings. I eventually fought all the encounters but I had to use 560% in blue potions and build +230/+230% fortification on each of the last encounters. Fortifications are sustainable to spend goods on, but blue potions are not sustainable and will run out.

2) Ironically, my blue stats would be good enough for all of GE (level 4 only goes up to 569%) except the level 5 that actually uses them. It's a good, long overdue, concept to make defense stats relevant in the game, it's not a good concept to put defense at the top of a "pyramid" of difficulty that outpaces even what's been released in the game for red attack stats. Especially the last 3 encounters that jump wildly in difficulty to 1383%, 1655% and 1967% on level 5, most players could not beat that even with their red attack stats. WTF really is going on there, the difficulty increases at a normal pace on level 5 until suddenly it jumps up 108%, 210%, 238%, 272%, and 312% (!!!) on the last 5 encounters? This feels like a middle finger to make sure even prepared players can't fight the last encounters.

From a playability standpoint, the last 5 encounters are way out of step, if those were brought more in line with the difficulty progression for everything else, it would be possible to complete level 5 by fighting, with reasonable effort on the player's part to build a balanced city - It's NOT as it is now.

And this is all before we address if the rewards you get are worth the effort (not really, no.) Considering GE is no longer a good source of diamonds, and players already have all the attack stats they need to farm the hell out of Battlegrounds, and we win more diamonds and other rewards by farming battlegrounds (this is the elephant in the room that remains unaddressed while GE gets nerfed to death,) why would anyone want to go to the effort to complete GE level 5 for 4 weeks to win enough fragments for some buildings that are really only good to continue winning fragments in GE every week. It's a loop unto itself. Do GE 5 so that you can keep doing GE 5 for fragments, and if you don't, the building expires. This is all "stick" and no "carrot."
all i see coming from this is that their next step is going to be to nurf GBG wich will be last nail in the cofin for me

Knight of ICE

Got 5 likes , so its now an official idea in that section of the forum..
Thanks for all those who liked - and don't forget to VOTE!

That idea is DNS in more than one way.

It will be forwarded as part of the feedback,so there is no need to discuss it here any further. Players can show they support it, by liking it.

Knight of ICE

@Ariana Erosaire you are facing the same problem as players that try to defend ther city from plunderers.

The attack part of your blue stats is just to low for you to do it succesful.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Disappointed that you won't let it be suggested as an Idea.
It can be discussed as an Idea that is not part of the current GE level 5 feedback in more than one way.
Do what you like KOI, I'm out of here and will probably soon be gone from FOE..

I wouldn't worry about it to much, Ideas are on hold to devs anyway so doubt anything you write is being passed on, they're just saving you wasting your time typing. They're not reading them.

Knight of ICE

I wouldn't worry about it to much, Ideas are on hold to devs anyway so doubt anything you write is being passed on, they're just saving you wasting your time typing. They're not reading them.

Nothing is on hold. All feedback is forwarded to the devs. Same goes for ideas that get enough votes. I doubt they are not reading them. They just might have other ideas on where the game is supposed to go.

What does DNS stand for? Only thing I can find is Domain Name System

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/do-not-suggest.37648/

Sureshot

Private
Many of the encounters in GE5 have a 10% chance of getting an avatar portrait (which is an absolutely garbage reward to start with). So you get one of these useless portrait rewards, what happens with that encounter the NEXT time you play? Still the same avatar or will there be a 10% chance of something that actually has a use?

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Many of the encounters in GE5 have a 10% chance of getting an avatar portrait (which is an absolutely garbage reward to start with). So you get one of these useless portrait rewards, what happens with that encounter the NEXT time you play? Still the same avatar or will there be a 10% chance of something that actually has a use?
Once you get the portrait the other option for that encounter becomes a 100% chance. Or so I read on the Beta forum.