• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Love the Villas...

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Hate the villa.

Partially because currently I don't have space. I deleted the Black Tower to build the villa and find out "oops! Black Tower is 4x5 and the villa is 5x6!"

Too big. Hate it.

But that is just a minor reason.

The major reason, is the morality.

If you follow the event storyline, I know you don't, but if you would... you will know that Bloodbeard is the Governor (thereby the building is Governor's Villa). And Bloodbeard is evil.

I obtained all upgrades (8 in total) plus an extra base building from the wheel (did you know it appeared on the wheel once upon a time) but didn't yet build it.

P.S. You should re-read the story, here.

Last edited:

Usual Suspect

Corporal
im scraping houses soon
I just did that and raised up the villas in my items, way better happiness vs population and significantly higher population...
my lvl 9 ones are killer, I cant even make those goods and troops in one day :)
Seven villas atm with another four in the wings... hope they offer the upgrades in antiques or at least in the near future :)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Your question doesn't make sense. The Governor's Villa does not fit in a 2x3 space, not does it require FP to level it up. Thus you don't have the choice of choosing either the Governor's Villa OR a level 10 Statue of Zeus.

From scratch, building a Statue of Zeus to level 10 requires weeks of effort. First you have to obtain all the blue prints. Then the resources to build it, then all the FP to level it up to L10.

Meanwhile, the Governor's Villa sits in your inventory unused for months?

Yeah, great advice to give new players.

New players may be well advised to be wary of the "advice" being given in the forum, and instead review the contents of the top players' cities, and the troop formations of those racing ahead in the PvP tower contests and GbG.
*sigh*
Size is irrelevant. The ONLY stats to look at are production per tile, aka: production efficiency.

While it takes *some* time, Zeus is the single most efficient atk booster in the game.
Besides, how long did the GV take to 'acquire'? 21-22 days of work to play through the entire event? (...or else pay $$$ to speed through with dias)
Across that same time, it's just as likely to have a Lv4-5 Zeus at minimum if you're in a decent guild. (...and likely higher too, since it takes far fewer fps to level up than say, Castel. :P)

Also consider that early game, say EMA/HMA, Gov's Villa is giving only 18-19% atk, which equals only .60% - .63% atk/tile, vs. a Lv4-5 Zeus, giving 12-15% atk, which equals 2% atk/tile - 2.5% atk/tile.
And honestly, a Lv4 Zeus takes a total of 350 fps, or without ANY help, 14.5 days, while Lv5 is 470 fps or 19.5 days w/0 help.

So in less time than completing the entire event, it is easily possible to build a much better attack booster. :P

And as spicy as Gov's Villa is, the various Cultural Settlement buildings blow it out of the water.
So really, when looking at 'how good' in general buildings are, you're safe to generally assume: GB's >> Cultural Settlement > "good" Event Buildings > 'Premium' buildings >>>>>> 'normal' buildings.

legend9182

Major-General
No it wasn't. It was a sneering attempt to belittle another player, for reasons best known to you and your not-so-secret admirer. When faced with a rational argument proving the fallacy of your statements you both resorted to jeers, neither of which are appropriate.

The fact remains, the Governor's Villa is an excellent building, and no amount of trying to convince new players not to build it will change that.
Well you are always trying to steer my comments which you can't prove false
And as @Powe said earlier. I never said villa bad. What I said is that don't compare it to GB. Because boss will be always boss

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Love the villa, too. Yesterday, without the Villa, I lost the GE 60th fight.
Today, with the Villa built, I win the same fight (a handful of units have only 1 health left) -- thanks to the "Defense of Attacking Army" boost.

P.S. However, when I re-check, the boost is "attacking of attacking" boost... The increased defense is only my illusion! :rolleyes:

Usual Suspect

Corporal
I have a question for the vets... aside from diamonds what is the most sought after... supplies, goods, FPs, attack/defense %, coin/supplies %, ...

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
If theres a new era out goods for a month or so.

If everything else is completed it's literally attack and def for attack so you're using less troops daily. Only restriction you really have is running out of troops especially with gbg now.

Fps doesn't really matter after a while and fp building will be dumped off for attack/def for attack buildings.