• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do You Hate Unfair Trades?

Emberguard

Legend
possibly small animals who's owners help them play Forge of Empires on an iPad.
Now that really is against the rules. Can't access another players account

those looking for friendship in a guild
Then look for friendship with those you actually get along with. Guilds are meant to work together. If you're not willing to co-operate with a guild then find one you are willing to work with or create your own

DeletedUser117706

. . .
Then look for friendship with those you actually get along with. Guilds are meant to work together. If you're not willing to co-operate with a guild then find one you are willing to work with or create your own
I'm not sure this is the best approach. It is very possible to have 3 or 4 good friends in a guild and 76 people who hate some trait about you, not saying color, race, sex, preferences, or anything like that, although that is possible. All someone who doesn't like something about you (again not suggesting color/gender/prefererence/mental disability/age, although possible I suppose) would have to do is complain about trades or bully you persistently to get you to leave or "kicked."

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
That was sarcasm. Can you seriously not figure that out? :rolleyes:
Well, maybe your communication counterpart is only taking what you said at face value.
"Thank you" and "You are welcome" -- smoothly constitute an interlude between the scenes. And neither side really meant it.
It's like the prey takes the bait and runs away, without being caught by the hook. Then you (the trapper / the catcher) consequently disclose "that was sarcasm", it is like saying "forget about the bait", and using a bare hook to catch the fish by brutal force.

My opinion is sarcasm should not be disclosed.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
So that's a no to it being in the rules then.
This is above my Intelligence Quotient but I can make a try and say,
by "the rules" the gentle-bot (judging from the portrait) is referring to:
"Unfair trades are allowed" -- an implicit rule, InnoGame's rule.
Why? Because it is possible to create such trades in the market. InnoGame makes it possible.
And any guild rule prohibitting unfair trades contradicts with that.

Emberguard

Legend
And any guild rule prohibiting unfair trades contradicts with that.
Yeah, that’s probably what they mean. But this really is no different from when people get into groups to raise Great Buildings. You can do whatever you want with your own account but no one's under any obligation to work with you if you insist on only doing things your own way or in a way that's harmful to the group. Guild rules don’t prevent you from making trades, they just tell you under what conditions the group will work with you.

Guilds (leaders) can set whatever rules they want about trading and everything else. If guild members don't follow these guild rules, they can be kicked from the guild. It's not against any game rules or any laws "in real life".

rjs66

Lieutenant
i love the way people start calling other people bullies when they can't get their own way,
if everyone acquiesced to them then just because they throw a tantrum then they are the bully

no-one forces anyone to play the game,
no-one can force anyone to be in a guild

if you don't like the guild rules of the guild you are in , then leave it
if you create a guild where nobody likes the rules then everyone will leave that guild

get some perspective.

The game allows setting special rules for a guild. Rules for trading, rules for activity, rules for GE, GBG, GvG and whatever else you can imagine. The guild rules may even be gender, race or age related: "You can only join this guild if you're from Bulgaria, black, male and above 30 years."
This is NOT against any game or real life rules or laws. And it's not "bullying" to boot guild members who don't follow the guild rules.

DeletedUser

Are any of you familiar with a character named: Pippy Longstocking from I believe, the Just William Stories?
Just an idle thought on the nature of an Ignored Member. Hehehe, member, fnaagh!

DeletedUser

No, I must have the wrong name. There was a "spoilt little girl" character who shouted her catchphrase; "I'll scweam and scweam and scweam", when failing to get her way or be the centre of attention.
Decades since I read them, hence the error.

No, I must have the wrong name. There was a "spoilt little girl" character whose catchphrase; 2I'll scweam and scweam and scweam", when failing to get her way or be the centre of attention. Decades since I read them, hence the error.
Pippi is not like that at all. She's very clever and creative. Would never cry or scream for attention or to get things done her way. She doesn't have to. She's magically strong and can lift her horse above her head. She'd beat any bully anytime.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yeah, I read them to my daughter. It was from Just William, written many moons back and only really pertinent and recognizable to British children of the '50s and'60s from home, Primary/Junior School and British TV. Lol, the grand old days of print and B+W TV.