• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inventory: add Create Offer functionality

In Inventory, would you like to:

• Leave Inventory as it is: list of Goods (Open and close)

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Add "Create offer" function to right click on specific Good (just like in Market)

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

AntiDuck

Corporal
Proposal: Add "Create Offer" fuinctionality to "Inventory" dialog windows.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea:
Yes, but haven't found yet anything like that.

Reason: Current Inventory window is useless. Player can see all her/his Goods, but next move (do something with Goods) is locked - Player needs to
1/ Plan action "Create trade offer 20 Copper for 40 Limestone"
2/ Close Inventory
3/ Open Market
4/ Scroll till Copper, and create this offer.
5/ Should Player need to see full list of resources again - it will take visiting Inventory and repeating

Details: (in attached picture)

Visual Aids: (in attached picture)

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I see no way to abuse this interface improvement.

index.php

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
Reason: Current Inventory window is useless. Player can see all her/his Goods, but next move (do something with Goods) is locked - Player needs to
1/ Plan action "Create 20 Copper for 40 Limestone"
2/ Close Inventory
3/ Open Market
4/ Scroll till Copper, and create this offer.
5/ Should Player need to see full list of resources again - it will take visiting Inventory and repeating

Or you go to the market. Open the tab create offer and create your offers.

There is no reason to use the inventory at all.

Why? What's wrong with the list of goods in the market? No reason to jump forth and back between market and inventory. No reason to use inventory at all to see a list of goods. Just use the list in the market.

Shad23

Emperor
Why? What's wrong with the list of goods in the market? No reason to jump forth and back between market and inventory. No reason to use inventory at all to see a list of goods. Just use the list in the market.
if anything they should bin the list from inventory

AntiDuck

Corporal
Which he can now do again. CAN YOU FIGURE OUT WHY?????
1/ I guess, polls are added only when you create thread, and this can't be changed (or I can't find how to do it).
2/ I may request other thread to be deleted, but it also contains some correspondence and opinions.

Agent327

Overlord
But it exists as menu item, and I don't suggest to remove it, but rather grant some functionality.

Why? Would it make the game better in any way? There is absolutely no reason for it. Things should not be made easier, cause you prefer doing them the hard way.

1/ I guess, polls are added only when you create thread, and this can't be changed (or I can't find how to do it).
2/ I may request other thread to be deleted, but it also contains some correspondence and opinions.

It would really help if you read what it takes to propose an idea. Guessing is not how it works. Read how it is done and figure it out by yourself.

AntiDuck

Corporal
Why? Would it make the game better in any way? There is absolutely no reason for it. Things should not be made easier, cause you prefer doing them the hard way. It would really help if you read what it takes to propose an idea. Guessing is not how it works. Read how it is done and figure it out by yourself.
1/ I don't have a time machine, can you use yours? To turn back in time and re-create post from 22nd May with the poll.
2/ If forum has a section named Ideas, and if new threads are not created in ready-made template (questionnaire + poll), it's not that easy to just guess, that ideas need to be formulated in specific format.

I understand you don't like Inventory in game to have "create offer" functionality, is this so?
Also, for some reason, you "welcome" new ideas by new people on a forum in very pleasant and somewhat inspiring way :)

AntiDuck

Corporal
"Remove" the list of goods from inventory. It's not needed, when we already have a list in the market.
Well, but what should be under Inventory button then?
Actually, despite the fact I'm playing FoE since Oct 2019, I still misclick things in interface.
Mostly, this happen around "Hapinness" icon durin any event - in my town I balance between zero and negative hapiness, and check if I should motivate my cultural building by myself - quite often. When it's an event - clicking the "happy" face usually opens Event dialog. And in some cases Inventory dialog.

Agent327

Overlord
1/ I don't have a time machine, can you use yours? To turn back in time and re-create post from 22nd May with the poll.
2/ If forum has a section named Ideas, and if new threads are not created in ready-made template (questionnaire + poll), it's not that easy to just guess, that ideas need to be formulated in specific format.

You are not supposed to guess. You are suppopsed to READ on how to do it.

I understand you don't like Inventory in game to have "create offer" functionality, is this so?
Also, for some reason, you "welcome" new ideas by new people on a forum in very pleasant and somewhat inspiring way :)

What gave away I do not like it?

Well, but what should be under Inventory button then?

The Inventory has 5 tabs:
All rewards
Buildings
Consumable items
Goods
Great Buildings

The Goods tab is not needed, because we can also access the goods list through the market (except promethium and orichalcum which are not tradable).
Same with the Great Buildings tab, because we can also access a great buildings list through the build menu. (I prefer to use the inventory for GBs though).

AntiDuck

Corporal
The Inventory has 5 tabs:
.... The Goods tab is not needed,
You're right. However, I mentioned Icon in the top, which leads to opening "Goods" tab in Inventory.
Yes, game designers offer various ways to reach same dialogs, which is little bit unusual.
But if they have this icon in the top - they can make it this list of Goods work better, right?

Actually, despite the fact I'm playing FoE since Oct 2019, I still misclick things in interface.
Mostly, this happen around "Hapinness" icon durin any event - in my town I balance between zero and negative hapiness, and check if I should motivate my cultural building by myself - quite often. When it's an event - clicking the "happy" face usually opens Event dialog. And in some cases Inventory dialog.

Clicking on the "happy face" does nothing. Hovering the cursor over the happy face shows happiness details.
MIS-clicking on the Goods icon next to the happy face opens the inventory on the goods tab. Hovering the cursor over the Goods icon shows amount of current era goods.