• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trades that require a Forge Point

DeletedUser118860

Members of a guild make trades without having to pay a Forge Point. I thought friends could do the same. I also thought that if you Private Messaged someone the same applies. Now it seems it has changed for the latter two cases. Was I mistaken previously or have the rules changed recently?

Vesiger

Monarch
Members of a guild make trades without having to pay a Forge Point. I thought friends could do the same. I also thought that if you Private Messaged someone the same applies. Now it seems it has changed for the latter two cases. Was I mistaken previously or have the rules changed recently?
Being friends with a player means that you can trade with them even if they are outside your neighbourhood (you don't have access to the trades of the vast majority of the players in the game). That's the advantage so far as trades and friends are concerned.
The only advantage of attaching a trade to a PM is that you can bring it to the attention of one specific player - although you can't stop all the other players in your guild/neighbourhood/friends list being able to see it as well.

DeletedUser118860

Being friends with a player means that you can trade with them even if they are outside your neighbourhood (you don't have access to the trades of the vast majority of the players in the game). That's the advantage so far as trades and friends are concerned.
The only advantage of attaching a trade to a PM is that you can bring it to the attention of one specific player - although you can't stop all the other players in your guild/neighbourhood/friends list being able to see it as well.
Thanks for the very helpful reply. Is there any other reason for having neighbours then other that they can plunder you?

DeletedUser118860

Thanks for the very helpful reply. Is there any other reason for having neighbours then other that they can plunder you?
If I may continue to ply you with a multitude of questions - can everyone in the whole game world see the trades that you post? Or is it only you, your guild, friends and neighbours?

DeletedUser118860

Plunder them, that's why they are there. Also more aids (if they're helpful) and trade market. They are more likely to be your era which friends and guild won't necessarily be
Thanks but so far I haven't plundered anyone even when a quest asked for it. I'm a bit of a pacifist although when I got plundered I went to get revenge until I saw how strong he was so I retreated gracefully!