• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

Deleted member 109369

We need to do something about the shields, you can't seriously expect us to remember when each individual shield is going to come down now? Can I suggest 2 easy solutions - Add a countdown clock to each shield or even simpler, have 2 shields representing safe for 2 resets, 1 shield representing safe for 1 reset.

We've put that forward as a suggestion

I made that response the other day. Again, its noted that this is wanted. That doesn't mean it can happen instantly though.

The thread is being monitored and all the comments both positive and negative have been noted as well.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
We've put that forward as a suggestion

I made that response the other day. Again, its noted that this is wanted. That doesn't mean it can happen instantly though.

The thread is being monitored and all the comments both positive and negative have been noted as well.
lady M this isnt your fault and dont take this personaly and dont take this as critic on team but on developers, they give us half products but they charge full price of diamonds, someone there with questionable IQ decided to release something like this GvG ''update''...

My final conclusion, sick of it (and no, this is not crying, we are still first, but this is insane all say that, our friends, our enemies, we... totaly dumb decision)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 109369

lady M this isnt your fault and dont take this personaly and dont take this as critic on team but on developers, they give us half products but they charge full price of diamonds, someone there with questionable IQ decided to release something like this GvG ''update''...

My final conclusion, sick of it (and no, this is not crying, we are still first, but this is insane all say that, our friends, our enemies, we... totaly dumb decision)

Ok. So I get that players aren't liking this. And I also get we've had an issue or two. It would be better to have a constructive conversation perhaps on what changes players would like to see. Apart from "fixing all the bugs"

We can tick off sector identification. That's well noted
Also noted is the cost of goods to siege
Noted is the amount of presitge going down.
Noted that the current times are not well liked.

Lets assume for argument's sake that going back to one calc is not going to happen. (don't jump to conclusions I'm just using it as the basis of a discussion)
What times would be better? 3 calcs or 2? Please do keep in mind that not everyone is in the same time zone and regardless of the perception this is a British server predominantly, it is not.
What else would players like to see.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Ok. So I get that players aren't liking this. And I also get we've had an issue or two. It would be better to have a constructive conversation perhaps on what changes players would like to see. Apart from "fixing all the bugs"

Lets assume for argument's sake that going back to one calc is not going to happen. (don't jump to conclusions I'm just using it as the basis of a discussion)
What times would be better? 3 calcs or 2? Please do keep in mind that not everyone is in the same time zone and regardless of the perception this is a British server predominantly, it is not.
2 calcs we could survive somehow 9 pm and 9 am all over that is insanity
if they cut power x3 then they should cut siege cost x3
about troops spending i wont complain cause my guild have shortest timers on my world but still a lot of other players and other guilds complain on that...

DeletedUser113304

Going off the people I've played with over the years I'd say that while not all British it still has been predominantly European, so 4am gmt is still the middle of the night for Europeans. Beyond that two recalc, 9am and 9pm would be more acceptable, yeah. Shield info saying if one or two resets left, and some way to sort the lag I've had lately. Ps, when trying to drop and retake the siege button has been grey for about 30 seconds after recalc. Is this intended or a bug when the servers gi overloaded at recalc?

DeletedUser118283

i registered just to write here , 1st thing i think inno is great, with constant events and updates you keep this game alive and interesting , even after 2years i still have same interest in this game as at the begining when i started , so far every update that you put was big tumbs up from me , but ... this one isnt

why ? during past several days i was able to do very little or nothing in gvg , at 4 am and 12 am im unable to be online (sleep ,work), but on 8pm when i can finally do something, i cant as every atacker who atacked me have shields on them , and the same thing hapened another day, and another day, and another day (not be able to atack any1 for days isnt enjoyable)... result : guild from 1st position drop to 12position (its jaims server so it isnt big deal to be 1st there)

i believe this update is good for players who have no job and can be on 2 of 3 or 3 of 3 resets, which is huge minority on this browser strategic game , which is now less strategic (being often online isnt strategic thing)...

the things that will improve gvg in my opinion:
1. put back to 1 reset ,
2. if there will be 3resets , remove headquarters so guilds cant progress like plague, this is marathon game not sprint
3. enable 1 shield city to be atacked per day, so atackers dont get to comfortable after disabling other guilds to move (this should work only if headquarters are also removed)

Deleted member 109369

Add the tro

Excessive amount of troops needed
. Ps, when trying to drop and retake the siege button has been grey for about 30 seconds after recalc. Is this intended or a bug when the servers gi overloaded at recalc?

I'm pretty sure I answered you in your post on the other thread, but that has been reported:)

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
The way this is setup we have to use more troops and get back less prestige that is guaranteed. 3 ways to fix this - Tweak the Traz to produce twice a day, increase prestige for all sectors or increase shields to 3 recalcs.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
I don't like the idea of 3 recalcs, but seeing as this is the International server, and it was the one that I joined long ago, not knowing there was a U.S. server for a year or two, because this is the default server everybody sees online, I am warming up to the idea. We do need to add some tweaks. The U.K. gets a perfect time at 8 p.m. their time, so they don't need 2 more recalcs in their favor. Other 2 times are acceptable for other parts of the world. We just need to tweak some. Shield lasting 3 recalcs is a good solution.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
why ? during past several days i was able to do very little or nothing in gvg , at 4 am and 12 am im unable to be online (sleep ,work), but on 8pm when i can finally do something, i cant as every atacker who atacked me have shields on them , and the same thing hapened another day, and another day, and another day (not be able to atack any1 for days isnt enjoyable)... result : guild from 1st position drop to 12position (its jaims server so it isnt big deal to be 1st there)

i believe this update is good for players who have no job and can be on 2 of 3 or 3 of 3 resets, which is huge minority on this browser strategic game , which is now less strategic (being often online isnt strategic thing)...

This is the International server, the one everybody around the world sees. Most of us from outside the U.K. here had no idea there were tons of other servers specific to nations. As the International server, based in U.K., you get the perfect recalc time of 8 P.M. You're complaining because the other 2 times don't work for you? 1 out of 3 is good, let the rest of the world have decent recalc times too.

Most active guilds will have players from around the world. There can be 3 teams, 1 for each recalc, no need to be online all the time like you mentioned. You're probably getting attacked by Western Europeans and Middle Easterners at one recalc, Koreans, Japanese and Australians at another recalc and North and South Americans at the third recalc.

DeletedUser115348

Are the developer happy that they killed GvG, these are what happening if you look at the maps:
1- no one fills any sector anymore since they cannot protect it anymore.
2- The worm movement of ghost guilds, leaving no possibility of defending.
3- at least in our guild, we gathered at 20.00 and had some chat and fun together. Now, we do what we see and no point in gathering. No chat and fun of being a guild anymore! Congratulations on killing the team spirit!
4- some of the guilds are leaving GvG and becoming ghost guilds.
This is all Inno needs to know. What is now GVG is an unplayable slog effectively killing it. Go back to one calc.

DeletedUser115348

Or at the least go to 2 calculation times 9am and 9pm. Put a shield timer up something. Go back to original pts and prestige. Want one calculation but with two times its at least survivable and playable.

This is the International server, the one everybody around the world sees. Most of us from outside the U.K. here had no idea there were tons of other servers specific to nations. As the International server, based in U.K., you get the perfect recalc time of 8 P.M. You're complaining because the other 2 times don't work for you? 1 out of 3 is good, let the rest of the world have decent recalc times too.

Most active guilds will have players from around the world. There can be 3 teams, 1 for each recalc, no need to be online all the time like you mentioned. You're probably getting attacked by Western Europeans and Middle Easterners at one recalc, Koreans, Japanese and Australians at another recalc and North and South Americans at the third recalc.

if wot you say is correct sounds like game is complete mess,this shouldnt be all about big guilds with loads of players,if they cant afford goods for seige they have too many sectors,just release some
was actually doing a survey on rugnir with my guild about times people can do gvg before reset times were known,funny only me from UK can do 2000 the other UK players cant do that as is the general thing nowadays people dont all work 9 to 5 anymore,,,survey says 0900 and 2400 best times,we have members from other parts they havent spoken yet
a 9am-9pm reset would be better maximum 2,in UK 2000hrs is when whole country is on the net things do slow down 2100 is better but closer to 2400 is even better as things would run faster and better

if you stick with 4am reset somepeeps might ask for their money back theyve spent in last 2 years as youve changed goal posts of game and made it unplayable,like

DeletedUser110305

The new GvG rules took the fun out of GvG.
I for one, if I cant GvG I will quit the game.
I play hours per day, I built a top guild in Cigard in 2 years, so trust me, I enjoyed the game.
But now the GvG is just an annoying never ending story. Any planning is impossible. All the fun is gone.
"what is the plan today in CE?" "well ... see what shields drop and hit them" ... that is not fun.
I'll give it one more week, if Inno doesn't decide to go back at what it was until they find a better plan ... , I am out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
if wot you say is correct sounds like game is complete mess,this shouldnt be all about big guilds with loads of players,if they cant afford goods for seige they have too many sectors,just release some
was actually doing a survey on rugnir with my guild about times people can do gvg before reset times were known,funny only me from UK can do 2000 the other UK players cant do that as is the general thing nowadays people dont all work 9 to 5 anymore,,,survey says 0900 and 2400 best times,we have members from other parts they havent spoken yet
a 9am-9pm reset would be better maximum 2,in UK 2000hrs is when whole country is on the net things do slow down 2100 is better but closer to 2400 is even better as things would run faster and better

You don't get that this is the International Server, not the U.K. server? I'm not sure how you got out of my message that it is a big mess and i'm in guilds that hoard sectors and have no treasuries.

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
Please drop the shields at every recall.
Then no matter which of the 3 times people are able to use,
they will be able to fight.
For me at 8pm there is little or nothing to do as the shields are not being removed.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
You don't get that this is the International Server, not the U.K. server? I'm not sure how you got out of my message that it is a big mess and i'm in guilds that hoard sectors and have no treasuries.
We signed in and some spend some money and some spend SOME SERIOUS money under one condition, one set of rules, now they made some big changes and changing rules without approval of those wich signed and bought product/spent cash or at least with approval of majority of them, i think this can be even interesting case to a lawyers...

DeletedUser115071

Have you read my odeas, feedback and sughestions?

We signed in and some spend some money and some spend SOME SERIOUS money under one condition, one set of rules, now they made some big changes and changing rules without approval of those wich signed and bought product/spent cash or at least with approval of majority of them, i think this can be even interesting case to a lawyers...
:lol::lol::lol::lol: