• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

DeletedUser116877

Why not just create a separate map for every age +AA and restrict players to +1 and -1 age of his townhall to participate. Today players from SAM take iron age map fill it and thats it. That would open gvg to more players. Right now a new Player to get into gvg almost impossible. Also all ages could then bring in the same amount of points so guilds would need very much fighters covering different ages. AA map could be Made a bit bigger, more costs to sieges but otherwise that should be a less rules as possible battlefield. Also you might remove recalc at all! A taken sector is locked for 24h and then Can be taken again, but with no recalc timer you would Open it for any timezone. Just leave a timer to collect points.

Why not just create a separate map for every age +AA and restrict players to +1 and -1 age of his townhall to participate. Today players from SAM take iron age map fill it and thats it. That would open gvg to more players. Right now a new Player to get into gvg almost impossible. Also all ages could then bring in the same amount of points so guilds would need very much fighters covering different ages. AA map could be Made a bit bigger, more costs to sieges but otherwise that should be a less rules as possible battlefield. Also you might remove recalc at all! A taken sector is locked for 24h and then Can be taken again, but with no recalc timer you would Open it for any timezone. Just leave a timer to collect points.

looking at it the other way i think i've done well as an HMA/LMA/COL peep taking sectors on east nagach AA map in last few weeks,i've had 5/6 at different times the fun is in finding one and taking it before big boys notice i dont care about deff it(wot with),,,it is great fun

PS thanks to the ghosters? or whoever who leave damaged ones so i can see the ones to go for,rogs or archers please

on my slugnir world i'm Mars we plan to hit low era maps,rest of crew once theyve got their acts together will be FE+ we dont plan on filling sectors up just releasing them as we go and getting as far as we can most of maps are dead,,,dont care about guild pts or personal pts its just for FUN,,,so your idea would crush that

i'm responding to your +1and -1 of townhall in my posts,i've seen similar before these big guilds have nothing to do because theyve probaly sliced up AA/FE maps with alliance partners ect then they go lower down the ages doing similar,its the biggest thing wrong with gvg when that happens,everywhere will be dead
they must be desperate for guild pts though doing iron age map they should be ashamed of themselves imo

Last edited:

DeletedUser116877

The problem are the maps with 100% deffed up sectors. Those maps are dead. Why not remove costs for das, but the more das you add the moe your Next siege costs. So every Next da would incease your Next siege. I doubt we would have huge lands with full das.

DeletedUser115340

I don't understand what's the problem with big guilds holding a lot of land. Those guilds worked hard to gather fighters, goods and attack boost/units to be able to take and hold so many sectors. It's not as cheap as some people are trying to show it here. If you have 30 sectors your next siege is 11025 goods (2205 each). That's quite a lot of farming, even with a high level Arc in that age.
Why would small/medium guilds have to have some advantage and make it harder for big guilds to hold their land? Guilds and GvG in general are team aspects of the game. Of course that a bigger/stronger team should have an advantage. Those in one man guilds or guilds with few figthers should either do what they can (there are different strategies that can work even if you don't have enough fighters to go 1:1), have fun and cause problems for "big guilds" or work towards making their team stronger to be able to be the big guild. Or even few smaller guilds can join forces and make an alliance.

P.S. Just for the record, I'm not part of a big guild.

The problem are the maps with 100% deffed up sectors. Those maps are dead. Why not remove costs for das, but the more das you add the moe your Next siege costs. So every Next da would incease your Next siege. I doubt we would have huge lands with full das.

yeah i think they should make it that you can only put 2DAs max in LZs helpful with dead maps a smaller guild will get a chance of some actoin on every map and a ghoster maverick like me can get in better i only have 1/2 DAs anyway lol

I don't understand what's the problem with big guilds holding a lot of land. Those guilds worked hard to gather fighters, goods and attack boost/units to be able to take and hold so many sectors. It's not as cheap as some people are trying to show it here. If you have 30 sectors your next siege is 11025 goods (2205 each). That's quite a lot of farming, even with a high level Arc in that age.
Why would small/medium guilds have to have some advantage and make it harder for big guilds to hold their land? Guilds and GvG in general are team aspects of the game. Of course that a bigger/stronger team should have an advantage. Those in one man guilds or guilds with few figthers should either do what they can (there are different strategies that can work even if you don't have enough fighters to go 1:1), have fun and cause problems for "big guilds" or work towards making their team stronger to be able to be the big guild. Or even few smaller guilds can join forces and make an alliance.

P.S. Just for the record, I'm not part of a big guild.

in short they kill the maps,alliances/naps are bad for game,in his IA map the big guild may prop up another guild there this is bad,lots of smaller guilds will get run over

a couple of years ago on East Nagach i was in a guild that was totaly political,on that world you have 2 main sides they were trying to suck upto both,at same time i didnt know which one we were supposed to be batting for sometimes,it just does your head in
i make it my thing now not to have alliances or pacts
just observing over the years when the side that is in control now you tend to get more LZs to pick over and have fun,when they reached there so many days as no1 and retired for awhile the other side came in and sliced up AA/FE maps and then went downwards,AA/FE maps were mostly dead

DeletedUser115340

but that's not a reason it should be even more difficult for a bigger guild to hold sectors. That's where politics come in. I'm not a big fan of it, but if some guild wants to play that way, it's their choice. If you are part of the leadership in a guild like that, try to change it. If you are not and you don't like the way guild works, look for another one or create your own that will do GvG the way you like it. It's not going to be easy, but then again, creating a good guild never is.

You said you will clean out maps on Rugnir when your team is ready. That's what I'm talking about, if you don't like the way things are, change them. But don't ask Inno to make it easier for you, just put some effort in to get the desired result. About Rugnir, I am awarw

in short they kill the maps,alliances/naps are bad for game,in his IA map the big guild may prop up another guild there this is bad,lots of smaller guilds will get run over

Ok, a big guild will take a bunch of sectors in IA and remove a lot of small guilds. They will need a lot more goods than the small guilds needed to acquire and hold that land. And those small guilds can always try to reclaim their land costing big guild a lot more lost goods than their original loss was. And I don't believe any guild has enough people to send 5 to 10 people to every map that exists to stop another guild from taking at least one sector to have a base for further progress. Especially now with HQ moves each recalc while shield lasts for 2 recalcs.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
No need for feedback from pc players either as GvG is now currently unplayable in its new form.. smh inno..

I not meant feedback about GvG from mobile players, i meant feedback on FOE game all overal. I think that only PC users (more thatn 80-90%) are using Forum, so mobile players maybe play this game and bring fortune to Innom but they not leave feedback to this game, and they can stop playing at any time..PC users are different kind of players who cares what will happen to this game, thats why we all are here unhappy about GvG halfly done changes.

I not meant feedback about GvG from mobile players, i meant feedback on FOE game all overal. I think that only PC users (more thatn 80-90%) are using Forum, so mobile players maybe play this game and bring fortune to Innom but they not leave feedback to this game, and they can stop playing at any time..PC users are different kind of players who cares what will happen to this game, thats why we all are here unhappy about GvG halfly done changes.
Well I beg to differ, most of the regulars that I know on here are mainly app sure a few play on the pc but all leave feedback about the game. I'm predominantly app so cant comment on the gvg changes but when i have had a chance to have a go there's nothing happening so maybe these changes are for the best but i don't really have an opinion as it doesn't affect me.

The best thing about this change is that its brought a lot of new people to the forum, even if it's only to complain!

DeletedUser114055

With sectors protected 2 resets, but HQ move every reset; created a worm effect, for which is no defense!

Take 2, next reset move HQ while they are protected, take other 2, repeat. Can never fight back as their sectors remain protected all the time.

I know it was mentioned before, but worth resaying:

Having a guild with larger holdings on maps; costed lot of goods, lots of troops, lots of time.
Even fps to have better attack buildings, more troops etc.
And now, thanks to this worm effect, any 2-3 man guild can destroy all that hard work, which in some cases is years of fighting back and forth, and building resources

DeletedUser115348

With sectors protected 2 resets, but HQ move every reset; created a worm effect, for which is no defense!

Take 2, next reset move HQ while they are protected, take other 2, repeat. Can never fight back as their sectors remain protected all the time.

Having a guild with larger holdings on maps; costed lot of goods, lots of troops, lots of time.
And now, thanks to this worm effect, any 2-3 man guild can destroy all that hard work, which in some cases is years of fighting back and forth, and building resources
Spot on it makes absolutely no sense but continues to fall on deaf ears.. Why this was ever changed is beyond me.. Don't fix what wasn't broken inno. So many aspects of this game can be altered for the better. This was rolled out and forced. It wasn't needed or asked for by any guild big or small.. This decision has only made the GvG aspect confusing and close to unplayable. Go back to one calc inno.

DeletedUser111980

Well said. It makes it quite infuriating and it is a massive flaw

DeletedUser116655

Spot on it makes absolutely no sense but continues to fall on deaf ears.. Why this was ever changed is beyond me.. Don't fix what wasn't broken inno. So many aspects of this game can be altered for the better. This was rolled out and forced. It wasn't needed or asked for by any guild big or small.. This decision has only made the GvG aspect confusing and close to unplayable. Go back to one calc inno.

Also agree.. and isn't the point of GvG also about team work. those that worked hard building up attack power, troops, members helping to collect lots of goods, the guild as a whole helping gather goods to actually achieve top spots to get the extra guild points that then turn into boosting the guild as a whole for more benefits as a GUILD pretty much goes out the window. since the Ghost guild that don't care about guild points can destroy that within few days with no way of guild fighting back. unless they turn into ghost guild themselves in that era.. which defeats the purpose of teamwork and building up guild points that all members can benefit from.

DeletedUser114055

Another aspect, specially for AA map: Encouraging R&R..

Not only became best (or only) defense now, is now profitable! As before, doing R&R would mean guild never gets any guild power from those sectors, now can at least get 1/3 of guild power, as only need to be done every 2 resets.

And point farming, may not be able to farm champions as before; but can now farm 3 times a day.

Sure, the "big guilds" deserve their positions for all the hard work they are doing. The problem is, that GvG stalls, when only a few strong guilds sit untouchable on most of the land.

Last edited:

DeletedUser116655

Sure, the "big guilds" deserve their positions for all the hard work they are doing. The problem is, that GvG stalls, when only a few strong guilds sit untouchable on most of the land. GvG should be in motion, not standing still. More action and movement is needed - all day and night.
That more on diplomacy or group effort. if stand still cause players don't want to attempt to bit a bear. then why fight at all? you always need to keep member happy fighting there almost something to do if not in one era the next. i like a good fight i rather fight few months going back and forth this sit twiddling thumbs. but how its set up now is snowball effect as Behel stated worm effect.
IF maybe doing recalce every 12hrs.. this is uk server.... or restrict HQ from moving only once on shielded sector. and reduce cost like everything else been reduced, so that it fair fight both ways and not all one sided then maybe .........

Last edited by a moderator: