• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Space Age Mars

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser116027

Not a problem,i'll level up my defense higher so i'll be able to defeat my attackers with 3 units left,if that won't work,1 Rogue on defense will do the trick,a wounded one,LOL
whats the new GBs gonna be like are the going to be worth it like as i find HC useless tbh

DeletedUser111428

whats the new GBs gonna be like are the going to be worth it like as i find HC useless tbh
Hi Kaz! The Star Gazer only provides 1 bonus: Goods from the previous Era...however...if you currently have a highly leveled Chateau Frontenac, then you can easily get TONS of Goods from current Age where you are at (from completed Story Quests and Recurring Quests) before you jump to next Era...so this new GB will be useless for those players.

As for The Virgo Project, it would have been interesting to have it so that you have chance to win some PvP fights against very powerful Neighbors (especially those who have a strong City Defense Bonus % in place) but since this "feature" will be removed through an upcoming update, this GB would only be good for players who need help with some Campaign Maps and for tough Guild Expeditions fights...however, players who currently Negotiate for those will once again skip this new GB and advanced players (such as myself) will not build it because sufficient Attack % should help us (well, most of us!) for new Campaign Map and for new GE Encounters so The Virgo Project is, at its current state, a dud ;)

And I would not say that the Himeji Castle is useless; it currently provides (to most of my Guild members) a lot of Forge Points every week, as well as current Era Goods (which, once again, would exclude the need to build the Star Gazer) :P

This particular GB doesn't look like something I will be needing.
It's in the same category as Colosseum, Lotus, Notre and a few more.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General

1225 goods and 10 fps from my himaji today, admittedly would have preferred that tomorrow but himaji is one of the best gbs for current era goods and fps. (Also dont get that every day but made me laugh happening today)

DeletedUser111428

1225 goods and 10 fps from my himaji today, admittedly would have preferred that tomorrow but himaji is one of the best gbs for current era goods and fps. (Also dont get that every day but made me laugh happening today)
I agree! Himeji Castle, combined to a Chateau Frontenac + Recurring Quests, is a wonderful combo for anyone who wants to gather as much current Era Goods as possible :)

DeletedUser96901

I agree! Himeji Castle, combined to a Chateau Frontenac + Recurring Quests, is a wonderful combo for anyone who wants to gather as much current Era Goods as possible :)
that are still less goods than
Himeji Castle, combined to a Chateau Frontenac + Recurring Quests and a Seed Vault
:lol:

I love my level 80 Seed Vault :blush:

Agent327

Overlord

For Mars that would mean abondon all side quests to get to the RQ's. No way you can do it fast without abandoning them.

DeletedUser111428

For Mars that would mean abandon all side quests to get to the RQ's. No way you can do it fast without abandoning them.
Nope; it just means that, once you have completed ALL Space Age Mars Main Quests (and as many Side Quests as you want), then you can use the Recurring Quests to get some SAM Goods...nobody said that you had to abandon these Quests or that you had to go fast.

DeletedUser96901

For Mars that would mean abondon all side quests to get to the RQ's. No way you can do it fast without abandoning them.
and what is the problem with that ?

why doing normal quests slow and getting one hundred goods a day on average (optimistic guessing) when you can do recurring quests a getting a few thousands of goods a day

DeletedUser111428

and what is the problem with that ?

why doing normal quests slow and getting one hundred goods a day on average (optimistic guessing) when you can do recurring quests a getting a few thousands of goods a day
Unfortunately, Story Quests cannot be aborted but, of course, a player can decide to complete or not Side Quests (some of them are always worth it while others can be bypassed to move closer to Recurring Quests)....at the end of the day, every player has its own style and goals :)

DeletedUser116872

Beta feedback showed us, that an adjustment of the Virgo Project in regards to PvP needed to be made. Unfortunately this change takes more time to be done, and it is not possible to postpone the release of the new era, which is the reason why it will not be changed until the release of Space Age: Mars. it is also not possible pull a single component at this stage either.

The change will only change the way the Virgo Project works on Neighborhood Attacks. For all other battle types it will remain unchanged.

I added a line as I mentioned in the announcement, and the front news page on log in points to the announcement as well.

General consensus from beta seems to be that both new GBs suck, so rather than making a bad GB completely useless, considering any change will happen after SAM release, why not redesign it to something that will actually be useful to players of all ages?

Agent327

Overlord
General consensus from beta seems to be that both new GBs suck, so rather than making a bad GB completely useless, considering any change will happen after SAM release, why not redesign it to something that will actually be useful to players of all ages?

Maybe cause GB's are age specific?

Deleted member 109369

Because that's not what was decided:) The ibiggest feedback was that it was too powerful for PvP and that's the only thing they'll change.

DeletedUser116872

Because that's not what was decided:) The ibiggest feedback was that it was too powerful for PvP and that's the only thing they'll change.

I read most of the thread and I would not have said there was an overwhelming consensus for that. This is the most divisive update I've encountered to date, hopefully it doesn't kill the game, there are a lot of unhappy players right now.

Agent327

Overlord
I read most of the thread and I would not have said there was an overwhelming consensus for that. This is the most divisive update I've encountered to date, hopefully it doesn't kill the game, there are a lot of unhappy players right now.

Only reason there wasn't an overwhelming consensus was cause players wanted to totally change the GB's output, so they only ot a small part of what they wanted.

Sorry to tell you, but if this is the most divisive update you've encountered to date you have been living under a rock. There have been much bigger issues. Those have never killed the game and a lot of unhappy players only means a lot of active players.

The ibiggest feedback was that it was too powerful for PvP and that's the only thing they'll change.
I'd argue it was definitely NOT the biggest, perhaps the loudest as in people threatening to leave the game, but definitely not the biggest in terms of number of posts or posters. The dominant criticism was that the GBs are very underwhelming, perhaps approaching Colosseum level of underwhelming :) Anyway the thread is there for people to judge what opinion was stated the most.
Why Inno chose to go the non-pvp way rather than the majority of the feedback is a mystery to me.

Last edited:

DeletedUser116027

what time is new era released im in the UK :) will it be around 10am GMT