• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Bug Feedback] GvG: Enough is Enough

DeletedUser112892

This is one of the major reason where the problem is with Inno. Conseptualising a game where the key pillar is the fighting, whether PvP or GvG. Then, happily welcome all those that are playing "Farmville" here. Since then GvG is of course no more priority, well understood.
Question is only how long will it take before the "Farmville" players are at 98% and start dropping off while getting bored as fast as they do over there at "Farmville"..... wonder how long it will take to get a grip on these players that with automated mouse programs getting huge advantages during sieges (drop, redeployment siege or DA, etc) - two years ago reported several times (e.g. on Cirgard), the cheaters over there (although names with proof provided) are still playing over there.
Well, I wouldn't say that majority of players are farmers ;)

Agent327

Overlord
This is one of the major reason where the problem is with Inno. Conseptualising a game where the key pillar is the fighting, whether PvP or GvG. Then, happily welcome all those that are playing "Farmville" here. Since then GvG is of course no more priority, well understood.

Key pillar of the game has never been the fighting. From the start there has always been an alternative to the fighting part. There have always been players that play it farmville style or players that like to act as traders. Introduction of GvG had nothing to do with that.

DeletedUser14436

There are different parts to the game and everyone has a preference and folk are entitled to play the game the way it suits them, however, if an option is there whichever way they choose to play it should work, just like those that "farm" using goods for trade or tech if suddenly goods buildings stopped producing or goods disappeared on collection and was not fixed there would be constant complaints. GvG is an important part of the game for many and when troops suddenly disappear on placing a siege and when it is almost impossible to get into a sector amongst other issues and it has been going on for so long, it becomes frustrating. GvG was started and should work as it was intended to (or we thought it would). It's a free to play game, but there are a lot of players that spend good money week after week Inno must be making a good few quid - perhaps they need to spend some on more devs to be able to keep up with demand instead of the money all going into the pockets of the powers that be.

Agent327

Overlord
It's a free to play game, but there are a lot of players that spend good money week after week Inno must be making a good few quid - perhaps they need to spend some on more devs to be able to keep up with demand instead of the money all going into the pockets of the powers that be.

Do you have the numbers to prove that statement?

How do you know all it takes is more devs? It is impossible to code GvG to the app, so they could employ another 100 devs and it would still be impossible. Can you prove that more devs is a guaranteed solution.

DeletedUser114563

(Agent327) Key pillar of the game has never been the fighting. From the start there has always been an alternative to the fighting part. There have always been players that play it farmville style or players that like to act as traders.
Everyone knows that, so what is your point?

DeletedUser112892

Key pillar of the game has never been the fighting. From the start there has always been an alternative to the fighting part. There have always been players that play it farmville style or players that like to act as traders. Introduction of GvG had nothing to do with that.
Yeah, but with game advancement, fighting aspect has become much more popular than farming one. So, taking world I play in as an example, majority of players are fighters.
I very much doubt it is 'impossible' to code GVG for the app.
Better said "almost impossible". But, never say never. Many games had features that were "impossible" to code, yet, after quite some time, they were released ;)

Agent327

Overlord
Yeah, but with game advancement, fighting aspect has become much more popular than farming one. So, taking world I play in as an example, majority of players are fighters.

I do not agree with you. Look around you on the forum. Most complaints are about the fighting part. There used to be players that acted as traders in the game. The abuse in GvG put an end to that, but not to the way GvG was abused and still is.

Better said "almost impossible". But, never say never. Many games had features that were "impossible" to code, yet, after quite some time, they were released ;)

It's what they said, not I.

DeletedUser112892

I do not agree with you. Look around you on the forum. Most complaints are about the fighting part. There used to be players that acted as traders in the game. The abuse in GvG put an end to that, but not to the way GvG was abused and still is.
I took Langendorn as an example, as from top 50 players, arround 30 have more than 20.000 battles. Info might not be relevant for other worlds in EN server.
It's what they said, not I.
I know. I already had experiences with online games where devs said that they cannot implement a feature to the game and, after 1-2 years, suddenly, the feature has been implemented. That's why I am optimistic in terms of coding GvG for Android and iOS :).

DeletedUser14436

Do you have the numbers to prove that statement?

How do you know all it takes is more devs? It is impossible to code GvG to the app, so they could employ another 100 devs and it would still be impossible. Can you prove that more devs is a guaranteed solution.

Exactly what is your problem I never mentioned the app why do you insist on grouping GvG problems to the app, you don't work for Inno, you don't play FOE, find another forum where you can comment with some knowledge instead of misreading threads on here

DeletedUser114563

Apart from ( almost ) everyone stating that nothing has been done to remedy all the GvG bugs, there hasn't yet been one explanation why this is happening ( of nothing happening ).

Agent327

Overlord
I took Langendorn as an example, as from top 50 players, arround 30 have more than 20.000 battles. Info might not be relevant for other worlds in EN server.

Ofcourse fighting is popular under top players. They can win. In a hood, about 10 can win and 70 not. Do you think fighting is popular under those 70?

This is about GvG and that has hardly anything to do with fighting. It is going auto-pilot when you opponent isn't watching. Hardly call that fighting.

I know. I already had experiences with online games where devs said that they cannot implement a feature to the game and, after 1-2 years, suddenly, the feature has been implemented. That's why I am optimistic in terms of coding GvG for Android and iOS :).

Possible, but they just did not say they can't, but also that they will not, so I would not hold my breath.

Agent327

Overlord
Exactly what is your problem I never mentioned the app why do you insist on grouping GvG problems to the app, you don't work for Inno, you don't play FOE, find another forum where you can comment with some knowledge instead of misreading threads on here

I mention the app as an example. Sometimes youi can put a thousand men on a job, but when the job can't be doen it doesn't matter if you have one person trying or a thousand

Agent327

Overlord
Apart from ( almost ) everyone stating that nothing has been done to remedy all the GvG bugs, there hasn't yet been one explanation why this is happening ( of nothing happening ).

There has been done a lot about the GvG bugs. They have been working on it for 4 years now and still not everything has been fixed. It all went a lot better when they changed recalculation time, but players didn't like that and wanted to get back to the old time. That brought back the problems the new time fixed. This isn't just Inno. It's players that also cause the big mess!

DeletedUser112892

Ofcourse fighting is popular under top players. They can win. In a hood, about 10 can win and 70 not. Do you think fighting is popular under those 70?
About that part, I agree.
This is about GvG and that has hardly anything to do with fighting. It is going auto-pilot when you opponent isn't watching. Hardly call that fighting..
Honestly, then classical PvP can hardly be called fighting ;)
1 ordinary unit+7 rogues auto-battle is secured victory.

DeletedUser108792

I see Agent 327 has a lot of negativity on these thoughts,although I see from your activity in game not much happens in your 2 worlds I have to ask what is your purpose here as you seem to be in the minority.
Sorry off topic but @Agent327

Pull your head in! you never ever have anything positive to say and are always downing peoples comments trolling nearly every topic.
Do you even play the game? It appears you are on the forum more than anything else!
Makes me wonder if you are an Inno employee or from a rival company.

Its people like you that turn other people away from even participating in the forum for fear of being trolled.
Go back under the bridge you came from!!!!!!
Well said!