• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guilds Must Have A Set Minimum Amount Of Active Members To Participate

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
I know. I've seen this and if they're geared correctly a single [extremely persistent] player can get through the defences faster then 3 or 4 defenders.

However it's still no more of a problem then if you were facing an equally large guild. The attacker has limits to how much they can take and the goods cost changes on both ends. If you can't afford to keep the edge hexes, release them, you've lost nothing and can advance in a more desirable location. If they continue to pursue then it's obviously not just a ghost but rather a serious opponent

If you can't handle a single player opponent how do you go about dealing with the larger guilds who can plough through far more territory in a more efficient manner then the little guy?

I don't have an issue fighting large guilds, i've been doing that for years now, it's the ghost and dead guilds that are messing everything up. There are ways to deal with an active guild that won't deter the others.

Emberguard

Legend
"strong" guilds can't handle attacks from them :rolleyes:
But not being able to "handle" another player isn't really a reason. A guild isn't owed the tiles they sit on. If the problem is in the tile cost then there's no reason they can't lesson the amount by farming smaller amounts

Last edited:

Shad23

Emperor
i'd propose somthing else for GvG if you are looking to stop goast guilds :

guilds that get at a certain % of in-active members loose all their sectors

this would bring more action on the maps and would avoid that guilds that have to much inactive members keep loads of sectors witch at same time would give more of a chance to smaller guilds at taking sectors cause they are affraid of attacking a guild cause guild has 80 players but presently guilds have no way of knowing if that guild is active or only has 1 or 2 who fight in GvG
we might not get more info this way but inactive guilds would loose their sectors and would give more targets for guilds that want to land on the maps

Shad23

Emperor
@Blitz Epidemic is there a legitimate reason why an inactive guild shouldn't be able to participate? This game doesn't exactly have a time limit on it
no there are no time limits in this game but why would a guild have the right to profit from sectors if they are in majority inactive and smaller guilds are scared to hit on that guild cause it has 80 members this way there would be a lot more action in GvG if my idea in my last message would be applyed

DeletedUser96901

cause guild has 80 players but presently guilds have no way of knowing if that guild is active or only has 1 or 2 who fight in GvG
even in a 80 men active guild there can be only 2 who fight in GvG :rolleyes:

cause they are affraid of attacking
mimimi

we are afraid but want sectors
take away sectors from other

bad players don't deserve to have sectors

why would a guild have the right to profit from sectors if they are in majority inactive
because they did fight to get them

smaller guilds are scared to hit on that guild cause it has 80 members
why should such a loser guild have the right to get that sectors ?

please: bad players don't try to punish other only because you are such bad players

you are such a disgrace to good players

Shad23

Emperor
Test Ament was trying to help smaller guilds with my propsition and yes they faught for them but why do they have the right to keep em if like 70% of the guild is inactive my proposition would have to be applyed only if you get to apoint where there is a to high % of inactive members witch would take away stategy of looking strong while the guild is in reality weak cause a majority of their members are in-active

DeletedUser96901

why do they have the right to keep em
right to keep them?
what a stupid question

they don't have the right the keep them
they keep them if they are active enough to keep them

why do you think somebody would have the right to take the sectors away WITHOUT fighting to get them

please start thinking
and stop being a terrible player

if you want something: fight for it and you get it
that is your only right to get it

would take away stategy of looking strong while the guild is in reality weak cause a majority of their members are in-active
stop being lazy, bad and a disgrace

you can easily check how active a guild is on the stats sites

sorry but so terrible bad people don't have the right to even own one sector

in short
if an inactive guild is better than: your fault
you deserve to have nothing

Emberguard

Legend
So your reasoning is you're going to completely ignore the fact they put in the time, effort and resource to get those sectors with no compensation for taking away their sectors without earning them yourself for no real reason other then you want them

There's nothing stopping you from attacking a inactive guild and if they defend themselves from your attack they're not inactive. By your logic an inactive player should automatically be deleted from the game entirely regardless of if they reached Oceanic Future and had lvl 100 in a GB.

When I stopped logging into my other worlds some of them were plundered of all their goods, others weren't even touched. If an inactive guild stops doing anything on a GvG map that's the time to attack and see if they're still awake

Apart from which I've seen a single player build their entire city around decimating GvG on their own by tearing through the biggest guilds in Iron Age while keeping their own sectors at a minimum for the same sort of reasoning you have. They wanted to open up the board to the "little guys" so other guilds could get a foot in the game.

What I've learned from that is when there's a large clearing of hexes, it does nothing for the little guys. Those same hexes you'd rather were deleted for being inactive are still unclaimed and the only ones taking ground back? The same guilds that originally had those hexes. Very slowly reclaiming, but still your suggestion doesn't help anyone because if a guild isn't already taking steps to get onto the board, then deleting another guilds hexes won't motivate them to take a npc hex either

Last edited:

Shad23

Emperor
way i see it is guilds should kick out all inactive members from guild i'm not saying delete their acounts
my proposition would be like granting freedom to sectors owned by dead guilds the goods would go back to treasury this would just make sure the red dots would not stay to long in guild and leaders and founders that don't kick out will have 1 more reason to change their guild rules to keep only active members
in-active members cost goods to the guilds that keep em in GE why not punish guilds that keep inactive members also in GvG it would give us a bit more action eaven strong guilds would see more action

DeletedUser96901

oh I have a much better idea than kicking inactive members by a leader

a player that becomes inactive is currently removed from his neighborhood
so that player will also automatically removed from his guild at the same point

problem solved: no more fake big guilds with many inactive players

my proposition would be like granting freedom to sectors owned by dead guilds
your idea is still to steal the sectors of the guilds for the only reason that they are big but have too many inactive players

stop being a thief and start being a warrior who don't steal but fight for the sectors

can you pls give a site instead
http://www.giyf.com/forge+empires+stats

not knowing somthing does not make me a a disgrace
true

the disgrace is for being so bad that you want to steal the sectors from inactive guilds because you are so bad that that is the only way you never ever can take those sectors by fighting from them

so disgrace is not for not knowing
it is for making that ridiculous idea

If an inactive guild stops doing anything on a GvG map that's the time to attack and see if they're still awake
exactly. ATTACK

but not shad23
for him that is the time that the sectors are stolen from the guild without fight so he and other bad players then can easily take them from NPC

but if guilds can't take them in fights they don't deserve to have them
inactive guilds ? be happy. they don't fight back. too easy to take sectors from them. so why make them NPC sectors first ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100065

Maybe I'm missing the point here but, someone has a sector you want and has inactive members then it's an easy take. So why does anything need to be done. Ghost guilds although they sound it aren't actually dead guilds, they are by their nature active and take the land cheap for bigger guilds.

Emberguard

Legend
If all you want is to see where a weak spot on the map is (eg who isn't logging on) then the easiest way would be to have inactive symbols over the top of any hex where the guild members have not clicked the GvG map button in 48 hrs