• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A "fair trade" filter for the market

• Thread starter DeletedUser111359
  • Start date

DeletedUser111359

I'd love to be able to click once, to filter out all the garbage trades from the market. Just defining "fair" as being 1:1 trades of the same tech, and 2:1 for 1 tech removed. Ideally the filter would still show trades that allow the person accepting a "profit" potentially, if the trades are tilted in favor of the person accepting. But would filter out all the cases of someone offering 2 bronze to get 2 EMA, etc.

DeletedUser111359

Who says you can define "fair"?

The game has some sense of fair, since you can't trade more than 2:1. And when you set up a trade, it will suggest 1:1 or 2:1 depending on whether they are the same tech or different. Every guild I've been part of for years, has had the same basic rule for what fair means as well.

DeletedUser111359

Stop being an idiot, and read my original post already.

DeletedUser112745

The fair trade ratios are not official. As in they have not been set by InnoGames itself. The community-wide accepted fair trade ratios were set by regular players out of common courtesy and "enforced" by guilds with these fair trade ratios in their membership rules.

Because InnoGames has never published an official "fair trade" guideline, I don't think the developers will implement a fair trade filter.
Maybe a filter where you can set the ratio of trades, which can be used to search for the player-defined fair trade ratios, would be a better suggestion.

More information on fair trades: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Trading#Fair_Trading

DeletedUser111359

There doesn't have to be an official one, for there to be a consensus. And at least for half the tech levels, the fair rate is pretty common sense. The amount of coins/supplies doubles with every tech level, so the "cost" to make them doubles each time, 2:1 is a pretty fair ratio for trading as a result.

DeletedUser

The fair trade ratios are not official. As in they have not been set by InnoGames itself. The community-wide accepted fair trade ratios were set by regular players out of common courtesy and "enforced" by guilds with these fair trade ratios in their membership rules.

Then, why is there a box that you can tick when you're setting up a trade on the app that says "Fair Trade" and only allows you to do 2:1, 1:1 or 1:2 trades?

DeletedUser112745

Then, why is there a box that you can tick when you're setting up a trade on the app that says "Fair Trade" and only allows you to do 2:1, 1:1 or 1:2 trades?

According to that feature, for example, 20 Late Middle Ages goods for 10 Contemporary Era goods is “fair trade”, whereas according to the players, it isn’t.

CCAE8FD1-70DA-42E9-9559-8D3017941C04.jpeg

DeletedUser

According to that feature, for example, 20 Late Middle Ages goods for 10 Contemporary Era goods is “fair trade”, whereas according to the players, it isn’t.

View attachment 15122
Oh I see. I hadn't properly read the opening post.

It is still true, however, that Inno has set a standard for fair trades. Even if thr community has chosen to narrow said standard.

Agent327

Overlord
Stop being an idiot, and read my original post already.

According to that I can not trade more than 1 tech removed.

Besides that, this is a worldwide game. Other countries use other ratio's when it comes to fair trade, so how do you want to deal with that?