• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Tavern Boosts

• Thread starter DeletedUser107836
  • Start date

DeletedUser107836

Hello

I would like to suggest that we are able to cancel the boost from the tavern before the end of the standard period.

The problem i faced was with the construction boost. Its nice to have a 75% reduction in construction time however to be stuck with that boost for 3 days seems to be too long.

If we could cancel the boost it would allow the selection of an alternative boost before the period is over.

DeletedUser103052

Is it the case that you can't have more than one boost active then? I have not purchased any yet so I do not know.

DeletedUser107836

Is it the case that you can't have more than one boost active then? I have not purchased any yet so I do not know.
Yes and you really don't need to construct anything for 3 days with a 75% boost.

True... but you have spent the silver and not getting anything back so to give up the boost in advance is a loss anyway

No It's not. Giving up the time "is the loss".

This is a game of strategy - well - at least it use to be.

And, not related to this suggestion, there are way to many "Losers" who think they should be "Winners" and are instead "Whiners"; hence, some of the wimpy, "make me, the loser, lazy player" seem like a winner. - This is not fair, but it is the mentality taught to children these days. They are not prepared to take on any disappointments in this game or life!

DeletedUser109385

And, not related to this suggestion, there are way to many "Losers" who think they should be "Winners" and are instead "Whiners"; hence, some of the wimpy, "make me, the loser, lazy player" seem like a winner. - This is not fair, but it is the mentality taught to children these days. They are not prepared to take on any disappointments in this game or life!
Not everyone is a pro player and many of us simply don't have that much of time to play this game like veteran players(Like yourself) do but back to the idea I say +1, nothing wrong with cancelling an action, I can suggest that you get a 60% refund on the tavern silver for that boost you used when you cancel it to make it more fair.
Why would someone take a disappointment? None likes disappointments.

DeletedUser103052

I would give this idea a +1 on the condition that there was no reimbursement of silver.
If you no longer need the boost and want another fine, but to give refunds would lead to abuse (I.e. someone buying a coin boost, collecting all their houses then immediately refunding it for most the silver.)

DeletedUser109385

give refunds would lead to abuse (I.e. someone buying a coin boost, collecting all their houses then immediately refunding it for most the silver.)
You still made a loss of silver coins tho

DeletedUser107836

I would give this idea a +1 on the condition that there was no reimbursement of silver.
If you no longer need the boost and want another fine, but to give refunds would lead to abuse (I.e. someone buying a coin boost, collecting all their houses then immediately refunding it for most the silver.)

Yes i agree no refund should be given as you choose to spend the silver, just the option to cancel the boost so you can use another one instead.

DeletedUser16126

I once tried to activate a boost when there was another already active, and the game asked me if I wanted to cancel the active one to enable the new one... maybe this has changed in the meantime, but to me it looks that what is now proposed was already available.

I today noticed a change in the behavior, because It looked that I could activate a second one (using diamonds), so maybe you now hve to spend diamonds to enable another boost and keep the initial one. This also looks to me a appropriate solution for the issue documented here.

SO i don't know what the exact behavior is currently active, but in both cases there is already a solution so:

DeletedUser110195

I once tried to activate a boost when there was another already active, and the game asked me if I wanted to cancel the active one to enable the new one... maybe this has changed in the meantime, but to me it looks that what is now proposed was already available.

I today noticed a change in the behavior, because It looked that I could activate a second one (using diamonds), so maybe you now hve to spend diamonds to enable another boost and keep the initial one. This also looks to me a appropriate solution for the issue documented here.

SO i don't know what the exact behavior is currently active, but in both cases there is already a solution so:
It's changed. Now the only way to interact with any boost when you don't have an open slot for one is to buy an additional slot with diamonds. I've done this once and haven't checked if you can buy more than 1 additional boost slot.

DeletedUser110433

+1
No Refund, on the contrary canceling should cost silver. You turn on 75% building boost and put your buildings, now if you don`t want to wait the remaining 71h 55m than pay up!

DeletedUser12400

+1
If no refund will be given for cancellation.​
Visual Aid:
visual.png

DeletedUser110195

All my yes to this, getting locked into a tavern bonus that's no longer useful is quite annoying, reaching the end of GE and you need an additional boost to finish those last few fights, well when you do that, now you have this bonus possibly going unused for the rest of the day. If you choose a lesser bonus, it may not be helpful at all.

+1