• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Princess Myciena asking too much

DeletedUser108258

I came across a new "bonus" quest by princess Myciena; its called "Swords and Sorcery". The quest cannot be skipped yet has very high objectives, not to mention reward is miserable. The objective im concerned is it asks you to have 7 riflemen or rangers, even as an offensive oriented player it would be expensive to fulfill and what comes for more peaceful as me. How is one supposed to do that? It will take great resources to make it, unless super lucky to get some by the treasure hunt. I dont think i ever stumbled on a more unbalanced quest.

DeletedUser5180

Most quests cost the player. The simple fact is that the developers at innogames cannot seem to grasp the concept that quests are supposed to be rewarding not punishments for completing them.

I agree, I remember a quest where having (not just building) 2 academies and 2 libraries was required to progress needing a massive 64 tiles of city space. that's the craziest quest I can remember

DeletedUser

Most quests cost the player. The simple fact is that the developers at innogames cannot seem to grasp the concept that quests are supposed to be rewarding not punishments for completing them.

Lol I'm actually starting to think that the cogs are in reverse whilst the wheels are moving forward :D

Dread

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer

i think the problem with all quests being rewarding is that..there are lots of people with pretty high lvl Chateau Frontenacs and if ppl start getting more rewards than what they've spent every time its going to be abused a lot.

if you meant just about the storyline quests then....they might as well do that as there is a limited number of them and we stop getting them after finishing map.

Last edited:

DeletedUser108293

The worst quest I have experienced is a LMA one.

I was in HMA and had conquered most of the LMA provinces (by negotiating), when I came across a quest that asked me to build a tower ruin.

I was over 8 technology's away from tower ruins and that was on the shortest route, I had to put all of my fps into getting that tech if I wanted to get a new one from Ragu. It cost me well over 150 fps, many goods and probably several hundred thousand supplies and coins.

I wish it looked at both your tech tree and province progress and there was more story quests other than claiming provinces with a few others mixed in.

Vesiger

Monarch
Exactly - same here. And it's a storyline quest that I can't possibly skip.
The result is that I've spent the subsequent weeks in continuing to obtain the provinces that I strongly suspect are supposed to form the next parts of the storyline, but without any associated 'story' at all; when I do finally get access to the tower ruin tech (I haven't even bothered making it a priority but went for things I actually needed in order to progress) I assume I'm going to get an awful lot of quests autocompleting all at once.
Unless of course I get horribly stuck due to not being able to recomplete tasks I've already done...

I've just counted up, and I'm STILL 195 Forge Points short of being able to get a tower ruin even if I abandoned my current research.

Last edited:

DeletedUser106605

195 points really isnt that many....assuming you use only 20/24 daily points and you dont have any buildings that give you fp's..it will only take 9-10 days to finish the quest...it may seem like a long time, but its part of the quests line, sometimes you can complete 3 or 4 almost instantly and some require a little work

Vesiger

Monarch
it will only take 9-10 days to finish the quest...it may seem like a long time, but its part of the quests line, sometimes you can complete 3 or 4 almost instantly and some require a little work
I've had the quest already since before the MLK event started :'(
I think I was researching Hospitals when I got it - like the original poster, I was in the HMA at the time.
Which means I needed to research not just four technologies in order to do the quest, but four *levels* of technology: a minimum of Crane, Biology, Estate Houses, Cartography, New Trade Routes, Water Reservoirs and Intelligence, and probably Heavy Siege Engines as well since I don't think I had that either...
In fact I went for Aristocracy and Great Swords first in order to be able to get anywhere in the LMA at all, so even now I'm still five techs below being able to do the quest. It seems a bit unreasonable to get required to research a tech that appears halfway through a Age you haven't even started yet :'(

Last edited:

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
It seems a bit unreasonable to get required to research a tech that appears halfway through a Age you haven't even started yet :'(
these are storyline quest...and most of them are Map related.....thats how ppl manage to get troops 1-2 ages highers than their city age.
if there's nothing stopping from completing them...we could see ppl in LMA having FE troops( i bet there are a lot of diamond players that will spend tons to get higher age stuff).
so IMO there should be something stopping that and i believe tech related quests are one of the checks to stop abuse of the system.

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
I don't think it is that uncommon that the quests can be mis-matched to where you are in the game. I remember when I was in Early Middle Ages I had a quest from Greva Darn wanting carrots. I didn't know what she was talking about until I eventually reached the High Middle Ages and discovered granary research.

Vesiger

Monarch
these are storyline quest...and most of them are Map related.....thats how ppl manage to get troops 1-2 ages highers than their city age.
if there's nothing stopping from completing them...we could see ppl in LMA having FE troops( i bet there are a lot of diamond players that will spend tons to get higher age stuff).
so IMO there should be something stopping that and i believe tech related quests are one of the checks to stop abuse of the system.
Yes, I remember that the previous quest was the 'fire in the city' one where you either had to research reservoirs or produce enough troops to tackle the fire; I did it by troops, because reservoirs were already way in advance of where I was on the tech tree. If I'd instead waited to research reservoirs back then, I'd have been much closer to getting the tower ruin. Water Reservoirs to Intelligence is a much more sensible tech jump!
So basically I think the problem is that thanks to my guild I was able to negotiate my way through the map way faster than I was supposed to be going at that point. Although ironically being stuck on this quest isn't actually stopping me continuing to acquire provinces in advance of the storyline...

DeletedUser16026

I agree, I remember a quest where having (not just building) 2 academies and 2 libraries was required to progress needing a massive 64 tiles of city space. that's the craziest quest I can remember
I do believe that one was made optional or received an alternative requirement for completing it. I don't remember the details on top of my head as it was a long while ago, but I know it was one of several quests which were often brought up as unfair and they were all modified in some way. In fact the quest OP refers to, Swords and Sorcery, used to have only one condition a while back (it required you to have 9 Rangers).

The worst quest I have experienced is a LMA one.

I was in HMA and had conquered most of the LMA provinces (by negotiating), when I came across a quest that asked me to build a tower ruin.
Personal opinion here, but I wouldn't consider that quest as unfair. It may be inconvenient that you have to wait so long, but you don't have any "costs" to complete it you just need to be patient and keep progressing. I consider it a cost when I have to build something or produce something that does not automatically come with general game progress because it may not be something I intended doing yet the quest demands it. But with research and continent map conditions, you have to complete those at some point anyway so the quest reward comes as a freebie for moving ahead in the game.

DeletedUser6065

1. Originally, the Princess Myciena Quests, were to be optional. (Ref: Anwar; Forum Beta & Lodroth; Forum EN).
2. At one time, support was closing these quests (Ref: Lodroth; Forum EN).
3. Later it was determined that these were in fact a second required story line, and could not be closed. (Ref: Lodroth; Forum EN).
4. Problem was that these quests originated at the end of LMA.
5. Quests were give optional 'Colonial' fulfillments with Update 1.0 (Ref: Countess; Forum EN).
6. The most infamous of all was 'Swords and Sorcery' - have 2 Academies & 2 Libraries.
7. By quest time, people were in Colonial Era, and Libraries/Academies were long gone.
8. Update 1.0 changed the quest to have 1 Academy and 1 Library. (Ref: Countess; Forum EN).
9. If however, you had past 'Colonies' on the tech tree before this quest occurred, the quest changed to have 9 rangers.
(Ref: Countess; Forum EN).

That is the last I was able to trace. I am unable to determine where the discrepancy in the number of Ranger required, nor how Riflemen entered into the equation.

. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107476

I do believe that one was made optional or received an alternative requirement for completing it. I don't remember the details on top of my head as it was a long while ago, but I know it was one of several quests which were often brought up as unfair and they were all modified in some way. In fact the quest OP refers to, Swords and Sorcery, used to have only one condition a while back (it required you to have 9 Rangers).

Personal opinion here, but I wouldn't consider that quest as unfair. It may be inconvenient that you have to wait so long, but you don't have any "costs" to complete it you just need to be patient and keep progressing. I consider it a cost when I have to build something or produce something that does not automatically come with general game progress because it may not be something I intended doing yet the quest demands it. But with research and continent map conditions, you have to complete those at some point anyway so the quest reward comes as a freebie for moving ahead in the game.
Erm you do have to build the tower ruin.

DeletedUser16026

Okay well there are some costs to building it, but the researches would not fall under costs for the quests in my opinion. Of course others may see it differently.

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
So basically I think the problem is that thanks to my guild I was able to negotiate my way through the map way faster than I was supposed to be going at that point. Although ironically being stuck on this quest isn't actually stopping me continuing to acquire provinces in advance of the storyline...
lol yeah if you have the goods no one can stop you doing the maps......most of the times people are ahead on the map compared to tech i think.
but once i got to Ind Age map it really got hard, especially the bonus content. and PE map is even more difficult to do without PE troops, because of the 2.1 battlefield. so thats where i believe most ppl slow down a lot.
regarding the quest, i really never bothered to do it,, once u get far enough u can do 10 or so of them at once.

DeletedUser109148

Myciena has a few quests like this. After the 7 rifeman/rangers and the library/academy ones I've now got one needing either 2 cannon camps, 2 trebuchet camps or 2 field gun camps. These quests are definitely a hinderance not a help - shame when quests should really reward, or be abortable!

DeletedUser4879

Tip to all quest fans: Ignore them or delete them! I'm in future age and
have quests from the industrial age I've only looked at ones! There is
no profit for the player, only Inno will profit from them!! Same goes for
the maps! Its not bad to start of, but as you advance it gets worse!!
Greed is the downturn of this planet, not just this game!!!;);)