• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Forgestats

DeletedUser16026

For more info on third party sites please see EXTERNAL RESOURCES.

This particular thread can be used for discussion and questions about the site Forgestats. It is preferred that for any feedback/suggestions/comments you contact the site owners directly through their site to ensure they receive your information. Discussion, questions and requests for assistance with said site are welcome in this thread.

Some of you might know it, some of you might not, this website aims to provide you all with tools and information that help you build the best empire possible. http://www.forgestats.net/ is the place to go for the content listed below.

Content available:
- City simulator/planner, create your own city to test out some things before you build it in-game, and potentially waste money on a design that doesn't quite fit.
- Building statistics, an easy way to view all buildings in the game.
- Unit statistics, take a look at all the units you can make.
And much more.

Suggestions are appreciated, and so are bug reports. Please submit these directly by using the contact form on the website.

As the information is collected by players, data might be wrong. Forgestats is an unofficial 3rd party site, and is not directly affiliated with InnoGames.

DeletedUser914

A very great site, I was referring at it in another topic. When designing a new city layout, cannot do without it anymore as long as buildings are updated,

For me never clear who makes this, but because it was from the start of forge of empires, thought it was a site from inno itself. If not, then by me proven to be a very well designed website since gamestart. It is the only way to do virtual removal of buildings, without destroying your city, please keep go on and support.

DeletedUser653

Great site but down with "502 GATEWAY ERROR" any one else having same error, this has been reported on many other FOW forums

DeletedUser12400

Great site but down with "502 GATEWAY ERROR" any one else having same error, this has been reported on many other FOW forums
Its possible that they are updating the website.

DeletedUser653

overtype on the US forum they have it reported as down since the 4th. a 502 gateway error is something about servers trying to talk together and failing, normally you would not do this to a web site even if you take it down for updating, but i am sure someone here has better knowledge then me what "502 Bad Gateway" means when try to find the forgestats site.

anyone?

DeletedUser12400

overtype on the US forum they have it reported as down since the 4th. a 502 gateway error is something about servers trying to talk together and failing, normally you would not do this to a web site even if you take it down for updating, but i am sure someone here has better knowledge then me what "502 Bad Gateway" means when try to find the forgestats site.

anyone?

The 502 Bad Gateway error is usually a network error between servers on the Internet, meaning the problem is not with your PC or Internet connection.

DeletedUser

The server has some issues, unfortunately, we're working to get this resolved as soon as possible but it is taking a bit longer than expected.

DeletedUser914

I wonder why the great buildings go to level 10. In the case of citizens, have to do calculation stuff for a level 15 innovation tower. Same for other population buildings, and happiness buildings.

DeletedUser12400

The server has some issues, unfortunately, we're working to get this resolved as soon as possible but it is taking a bit longer than expected.
Thank you for notifying us! We are patiently waiting :rolleyes:

DeletedUser103845

I love your site, as do many in my guild. God speed getting issues resolved!

DeletedUser914

Thanks alot for removing all my saved maps. It just takes over then an hour to make a new one. :(

DeletedUser

The issues are fixed, unfortunately the damage was worse than I initially thought and the database could not be restored. We did have a backup, but it was not a remote one, which means it crashed together with the rest of the server.
I have set up a script that emails me a weekly backup of the database. In addition, a future update to the save system will provide an option to export and import the data yourself, so you can save that in a text file somewhere.

I apologise that this happened, but let's hope that the added prevention measures will mean that this will not happen again.

DeletedUser6065

Thank you for keeping us updated. I have just recently started using this site, and find it very helpful.
. . . mk

DeletedUser97579

Much appreciated, and:
In addition, a future update to the save system will provide an option to export and import the data yourself, so you can save that in a text file somewhere.

If this import can be integrated to take a "snapshot" copy of the current city then this would be an invaluable feature.

DeletedUser7719

Hey Slygoxx, I think you're missing the speaker's corner still.

DeletedUser

Much appreciated, and:

If this import can be integrated to take a "snapshot" copy of the current city then this would be an invaluable feature.
What exactly would you want that snapshot feature to do?
Hey Slygoxx, I think you're missing the speaker's corner still.
Thought I had added all new buildings, will add that one soon too :)

DeletedUser97579

What exactly would you want that snapshot feature to do?

As in, to be able to say "Create in Forgestats a copy of my (or player xxx)'s current city on Brisgard".
It would then create an editable copy that I could move around and play with the layout. Currently the city has to be created manually from a visual inspection.
It's not revealing anything that isn't already publicly visible to everyone and would be rather useful.