• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB Points Unbalanced

DeletedUser97349

So you sought to tease or torment us with this statement? Which one? or was it both?
Not the most helpful thing to say really. :mad:

I was simply saying that neither of the suggested reasons are quite accurate.

As i mentioned previously, all we are able to do now is keep nagging to apply what pressure we can on your behalf. This we are doing.

DeletedUser

That is a sad statement to have to make and reflects poorly on Innogames that after such a long period of time they are unable to confirm what will be done and when it will be implemented. It either means they are so disorganised they cannot provide the information or they just don't care enough about their customer base to inform us.
Do you really think that there is a mistake in the GB points formula? Come on, the formula is very simple, you don't need to hold a math degree to understand what will happen if you'll put exponential increase in the formula. To say that there is a mistake is to accuse the whole Inno team in utter incompetence and ignorance.

I think that Inno's devs are much better than that. In fact, I see that the GB points formula is very well tuned. The slow increase of points up to ~30 level makes the GB points insignificant in young worlds, while fast increase of GB points after that makes them the main and only way to reach high ranking in old worlds. This is ingenious method to get revenue from old worlds, where there is nothing else left to sell. It also provides fast and easy way for really big spenders to reach to the top. Look at this "problem" from the Inno's perspective, and you'll see that it's not a problem at all - it's a solution. Nothing should be done about GB points, at least not until the points and rankings will be devalued and sales will drop.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I don't think players with high level GBs are buying BP to unlock levels, and therefore they won't be spending money. They are most likely investing in GBs to get BP.

DeletedUser

I don't think players with high level GBs are buying BP to unlock levels, and therefore they won't be spending money. They are most likely investing in GBs to get BP.
Good players find a way to get all BPs without spending money, but that requires forming special donation groups, coordination of donations, etc, etc. An average player will be limited by BPs and will have to buy them to keep pace. After all, 9 BP = $13, not a big deal. I've seen many players donating to their own high-level GBs - obviously, they buy either BP or FP, or both.

DeletedUser6065

'There is a third option . . . '

The third option is to tell people there is a third option, when there really isn't.

Believing this, maybe everyone will finally shut the hell up.

Which, all things considered, is not that bad of an option.

. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100832

One thing I see across almost all of these 600 posts is the lack of good feedback.
What is the issue/What's it causing? How should it be dealt with? How does it impact your gameplay?
Why is it a bad/good thing from your point of view? etc.

all these were pretty much covered in the first few pages. This issue is so simple that the only possible point of contention is whether 'people who have high-level buildings deserve this many points for the effort they've put in'. Which was then discussed at length. So, with most issues discussed by page 10, the rest of just frustration with the devs, and that's perhaps less constructive, but there's not much else constructive you can say for something so simple.

DeletedUser99588

The only reason there are so many pages and posts is because Inno haven't done anything about it for such a long period of time even after acknowledging through Starzaan that something would be done.

There seems to be a perverse aspect to their decision making regarding changes/improvements to the game when requested by customers. They feel the need to make the change in such a way that it has a negative effect on the game as if it is punishment for anyone having the gall to ask for something to be changed/improved in the first place. Haven't got time to outline all of them but here is a few that come to mind.

Delete Defence from GvG - Removed this ability without either considering or caring about the rights management issues of replacing defence and the fact HQ's can be stranded for legitimate guilds although ghost guilds not effected as they can just dissolve guild and start a new one. In fact it encourages guilds to create a ghost guild to remove their HQ and as they cannot return for 7 days will most likely ghost others during their time away.

Army Management - Only showing 20 healthy units which can be swamped by injured ones making them hard to find.

Treasure Hunt - Check Mark before and after recent change is not ideal. Not a major one for me but it is in keeping with the perverse nature to make something not work to its optimum for the customer.

I do not know why they do these things. Maybe it is a passive/aggressive thing as they are not allowed to engage with us and explain why certain things work the way they do. Whatever the reason it seems foolish to continue to rile customers in this way even if they do get some sort of perverse pleasure from it.

DeletedUser98461

Yes agreed, the feedback was at its best up until page 10.
From all 540 posts so far I have found 14 quotes that serves as a negative and constructive feedback.

Ok, who cares about that..fix the issue instead.

The thread will just get more and more frustrating. As I am just deleting world after world I will soon don´t need to care though

DeletedUser98461

The only reason there are so many pages and posts is because Inno haven't done anything about it for such a long period of time even after acknowledging through Starzaan that something would be done.

There seems to be a perverse aspect to their decision making regarding changes/improvements to the game when requested by customers. They feel the need to make the change in such a way that it has a negative effect on the game as if it is punishment for anyone having the gall to ask for something to be changed/improved in the first place. Haven't got time to outline all of them but here is a few that come to mind.

Delete Defence from GvG - Removed this ability without either considering or caring about the rights management issues of replacing defence and the fact HQ's can be stranded for legitimate guilds although ghost guilds not effected as they can just dissolve guild and start a new one. In fact it encourages guilds to create a ghost guild to remove their HQ and as they cannot return for 7 days will most likely ghost others during their time away.

Army Management - Only showing 20 healthy units which can be swamped by injured ones making them hard to find.

Treasure Hunt - Check Mark before and after recent change is not ideal. Not a major one for me but it is in keeping with the perverse nature to make something not work to its optimum for the customer.

I do not know why they do these things. Maybe it is a passive/aggressive thing as they are not allowed to engage with us and explain why certain things work the way they do. Whatever the reason it seems foolish to continue to rile customers in this way even if they do get some sort of perverse pleasure from it.

Maybee INNO got new management, the same who want boys to play with pink tanks when they are small,,,,,so they don´t get so violent.

Honestly, INNO could not care less about most issues who are important for players, like the neighburhood splits, the GvG isues, the troop managment page, the unbalanced GB issue.........all large issues which are important to most players who play FoE as mainly a wargame is of no interest for INNO to solve.............

As I said before, they will go one more time era with this game then they will dump it.......there is no future for the game after this, what should it be then, spacefighters against spearfightes? The game have run it´s cource soon and they just want to get as much money as possible out of it, hence they are opening world after world when it is also not needed...........they can delet 30 K from all the old ones as that is how many unactive players atleast there are in world A - H!

I have to say, very few times I have felt taken in my life as by INNO at the moment..........

They have taken a very good idea, making it great, and then somewhere at Modern age they started to destroy it slowly.......

DeletedUser105544

You are right. After one more era they will probably dump it, and this what is happening now is extracting as much money as possible.
But honestly, I play this game more than two and a half years and it somehow became one of my favorite games (with all its shortcomings), and it would be shame to dump it just like that.
On the other hand, there is one aspect of this game that can keep it very much alive, even after no more ages left to explore and build. This is GvG. No more exploring and building after next era, ok. The other aspect of this game is fighting. They could put some efforts in it. One of the ways to do it would be to put some boosts on GvG map for the start (att/def bonuses, expansions bonuses, recruitment bonuses, troops bonuses, goods bonuses, etc). That would attract more guilds to GvG and motivate players to participate more actively.
This would mean that it will be no more building oriented game but more like fighting game.
But as you said, with pink tank boys promoters it is hard to expect this...
I ran off topic, I know, but all this issues like GvG, GBs, diamond prices etc. they are just parts of one big problem, developers attitude to this game.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Or perhaps, given the fact that after five months nothing has been done (and let's be blunt here, we are only talking about adjusting a formula and changing the code slightly), then the third option could very well be that the issue is not even being addressed.

I reiterate; five months, not five days or five weeks.

Agreed .. Five months of inaction , is starting to tell me something.!
This is either not going to get sorted at all
or ..if we are to believe Staazans assurance ..that it will get sorted , it is NOT unreasonable for them to at least give us a timescale , for a fix.

I firmly believe they should have agreed a fix by now .
Also know exactly what it will be , and the effects of such a rebalance ...and let us know both so that we can be prepared , and have our frustrations eased by the assurance that it will be addressed . Not only when , but how also ! Not too much to expect after all this time .
It is frankly quite ridiculous.

DeletedUser96745

Inno is just pulling our nose. We will have to accept that or leave game. I feel like leaving, but I have such great guild and cant leave because of them :(

DeletedUser7396

Inno can pull my nose too :)
I have cold anyway and i cant smell :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98461

Korch leveled to the ground, including several GB´s etc etc

It is really refreshing loosing your ties to this game, more should try.

The Devs will not care, but i am coming closer and closer to be free from this bull...........

DeletedUser7396

Ohhh mate,
but devs are so nice guys, they care so much about us, you shouldnt think about them that way. They give me so much gifts ( read infractions ) i feel just like my birthday is every day, thank them for they care about me so much. Especially Strazan :)
Tnx Straz mate, i wish that i will repay you some day for all nice things you do for me :)
:) :) :)

DeletedUser97349

Ohhh mate,
but devs are so nice guys, they care so much about us, you shouldnt think about them that way. They give me so much gifts ( read infractions ) i feel just like my birthday is every day, thank them for they care about me so much. Especially Strazan :)
Tnx Straz mate, i wish that i will repay you some day for all nice things you do for me :)

Oooh have I been promoted to dev? They should have told me before I left :rolleyes:

DeletedUser101925

Ohhh mate,

I'm glad to hear that the posts wich were reported gave you infractions. This forum works! :D

DeletedUser12400

Unfortunately it is the only thing that works with FOE and INNO
Unfortunately let's not forget that besides this server there are 25 more servers with same or different ideas and complaints.