• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG questions

DeletedUser1081

I also hope someone can explain in detail how the "support pool" is calculated. The "user's guide" says:

Support pool
Every guild has a "support pool", which gives bonuses in GvG warfare. A guild's support pool is calculated from the guild's level and certain buildings that its members have. It gives a percentage bonus to the attack and defense of all units of that guild in this sector.
The support pool is distributed among sectors controlled by a guild, with the guild HQ taking precedence, before adjacent sectors receive a bonus, and then sectors further away after that.

But could someone explain exactly how the calculations are done?

"Certain buildings that [guild] members have" means Basil and Deal Castle, correct?
What's each level-10 Basil and Deal worth in terms of the "support pool"?
Is the distribution of the support boosts the same in every era of GvG?

And other trenchant questions that I don't know how to ask because it's all too vague at present.
All available insight will be very gratefully received.

DeletedUser

As a player myself I would suggest taking some time to build up your militaries and stock pile goods, build and level up military GBs if you can, then try again when the initial rush to conquer sectors has calmed down.

Thank you to Starzaan for putting into words what I tried and failed to get across. As a player in a small and new guild on Fel Dranghyr I know that we would probably have no hope of competing in GvG at the moment. We might be able to do so in the future, with more players, more developed cities, etc. I hope at that point that we would be able to compete, but in the current rush to try out GvG, we don't have much of a chance. The early advantage will be with bigger guilds and more advanced players, but it won't stay there.

DeletedUser96844

question.

if you conquer a npc sector..with 2 armies..you get the first 2 slots unlocked for you army to fill.

what happens if you conquer a guild owned sector with 4, 5 or even 8 armies..do you have those amounts of slot free to fill ...or do you have to unlock the slots again with more goods?

someone may be able to answer this as there has been a lot of hostile take overs over the past few days

DeletedUser

question.

if you conquer a npc sector..with 2 armies..you get the first 2 slots unlocked for you army to fill.

what happens if you conquer a guild owned sector with 4, 5 or even 8 armies..do you have those amounts of slot free to fill ...or do you have to unlock the slots again with more goods?

someone may be able to answer this as there has been a lot of hostile take overs over the past few days

You have to pay to unlock the slots again.

DeletedUser

Can you attack a sector immediately after you granted freedom to it?

Yes but I'm not sure why you would want to grant freedom just to re-attack it.

Then a guild can grant freedom to a sector, then attack it, then grant freedom, then attack it, then grant freedom, then attack it...
It doesn't cost any goods, battles are simple (non-boosted armies), it can be done 100 times a day, and will give a lot of points (both PvP and ranking points) to attackers.

Do the devs see this (and other similar) schemes as an exploit that will be fixed in the next update,
or is this a normal feature and this is how we are expected to compete in PvP towers and global ranking?

Works great until a rival guild steals the sector when you free it and sits 8 boosted armies in defence.

You can do it with an internal sector.
The issue with this idea is that it WILL cost you units and armies each time you besiege that sector, though half the siege cost will be refunded, each siege cost will cost you 8 troops that you will lose when you give up the sector, not to mention the troops injured/linked when defeating the NPC army. So yes, this will gain PVP points, but they are rather expensive points!

Can someone list the cost increments for placing sieges? And can someone also clarify whether the costs increase every time you set a siege, or only when your territory actually increases? Please and thank you kindly.

Moderators?
The moderation team is not given any figures, like you, we have to figure it out for ourselves and unfortunately, due to a heavy working schedule last week, I was unable to record our own.

The siege cost is dependent on the number of owned sectors in that province. If you own 2 sectors, it will cost you 10 of each good, if you then grant freedom to one, your next siege will cost you 5 of each good.

I also hope someone can explain in detail how the "support pool" is calculated. The "user's guide" says:

Support pool
Every guild has a "support pool", which gives bonuses in GvG warfare. A guild's support pool is calculated from the guild's level and certain buildings that its members have. It gives a percentage bonus to the attack and defense of all units of that guild in this sector.
The support pool is distributed among sectors controlled by a guild, with the guild HQ taking precedence, before adjacent sectors receive a bonus, and then sectors further away after that.

"Certain buildings that [guild] members have" means Basil and Deal Castle, correct?

And other trenchant questions that I don't know how to ask because it's all too vague at present.
I have seen somewhere some detail regarding the steps of the calculation, unfortunately I've not been able to track it down though I will keep looking.

DeletedUser

The moderation team is not given any figures, like you, we have to figure it out for ourselves and unfortunately, due to a heavy working schedule last week, I was unable to record our own.

Can you ask for the figures? Thanks.

DeletedUser1081

Thanks. I do understand that the costs increase as a guild's territory expands, but I'm looking for the specifics. The 4th siege costs 30 of each good, the 5th one costs XX, and so on. I'm hoping someone is keeping track.

I have seen somewhere some detail regarding the steps of the [support pool] calculation, unfortunately I've not been able to track it down though I will keep looking.

Thank you - it would be very helpful to understand how it works.

DeletedUser96844

Support pool

St basil and Deal supply 3 points per level to support pool...so both at level 10 will supply 30 points each.
any of these GBs in the guild will supply to guild total.

You also get support pool bonus boost at each new guild level.

The icon on that level does not indicate what will be added to pool when levelled, but what the boost will be..ie: level 1 shows boost of 30..level 2 shows boost of 50..the total does not go to boost of 80 after level 2..merely goes to 50..it has caused a few questions as some ppl thought their guild were getting an extra 50 on top of the 30 they already have when level 2 was reached

Distribution:..HQ will be allocated a max total of 75 pool points...connected sectors will be allocated a max total 50 points with the priority being given to the ones closest to your HQ.

if you move your HQ after the countdown clock has reached 0..the new HQ sector will show the original pool points boost and the sector from where you moved your HQ will be at 75 (or max your guild has) until the countdown clock gets to 0 again the next day

DeletedUser

Have you tried?

Of course we have asked for information of this nature before. That sort of information, specific figures and such like, are simply not released. It's a figure-it-out-for-ourselves job and when someone does, hopefully they will share it.

DeletedUser

Of course we have asked for information of this nature before. That sort of information, specific figures and such like, are simply not released. It's a figure-it-out-for-ourselves job and when someone does, hopefully they will share it.

Can you try asking again for specifically these two questions? Please.

DeletedUser

In the spirit of good customer service, of course I can, just please, don't hold your breath on the answer, I'd hate to be responsible for the asphyxiation of a valued player :)

DeletedUser

In the spirit of good customer service, of course I can, just please, don't hold your breath on the answer, I'd hate to be responsible for the asphyxiation of a valued player :)

Thank you, I look forward to your positive response.

DeletedUser

Can you try asking again for specifically these two questions? Please.

Another option to try in the meantime would be to get as many players as possible to record figures and figure it out. I know this isn't necessarily a very easy option and requires a lot of work on the part of the players, but it may be the only way to get it if the actual figures are not going to be released.

DeletedUser

Another option to try in the meantime would be to get as many players as possible to record figures and figure it out. I know this isn't necessarily a very easy option and requires a lot of work on the part of the players, but it may be the only way to get it if the actual figures are not going to be released.

Unfortunately this is not possible as I explained earlier.

DeletedUser1081

Distribution:..HQ will be allocated a max total of 75 pool points...connected sectors will be allocated a max total 50 points with the priority being given to the ones closest to your HQ.

Thank you very much, Titan45! Can you explain more about the distribution, please and thank you? Is it the same in every straightforward "points from GBs + points from level divided by the number of hexes"? Or does it vary from era to era?

DeletedUser96844

Thank you very much, Titan45! Can you explain more about the distribution, please and thank you? Is it the same in every straightforward "points from GBs + points from level divided by the number of hexes"? Or does it vary from era to era?

the distribution is the same on all ages i believe as the system is calculating grid hexes..not ages..
example..

guild has 201 points from GBs (67 levels among the guild) and 100 points in levels(s) = 301 total

HQ (s1)gets 75points as priority.

there are 3 (s2, s3, s4) sectors immediately connected to HQ sector..they would get 50 each..total used now 225

there is 1 sector (s5) connected to one of the 3 previous sectors..moving way from HQ..another 50... total now 275

that has another sector (s6) further out again.. but there is only 26 points available. that would be allocated 26 points until guild levels up again or GB get more levels.

if there is a sector (s7) connected to (s6) that would be allocated 0 points defence..
if there are 2 sectors the same distance from the HQ and there is not 100 point avaiable..the sectors would have the remaining points split equally...ie only 86 points avaiable..each sector would get 43 points.
the points are allocated dependent on the location distance to HQ... if you move your HQ the points don't change until next countdown..then are recalculated in relation to the new HQ location.
hope this makes sense..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Unfortunately this is not possible as I explained earlier.

Not actually sure which figures you are talking about by now, but FacetiousMike has promised to ask, but can't guarantee an answer will be forthcoming. If the answer is no, then the only other option would be to work it out from gameplay experience, which may or may not be possible. If it's not possible, then it will remain a mystery. Hopefully we might get some figures, though.

DeletedUser

Not actually sure which figures you are talking about by now, but FacetiousMike has promised to ask, but can't guarantee an answer will be forthcoming. If the answer is no, then the only other option would be to work it out from gameplay experience, which may or may not be possible. If it's not possible, then it will remain a mystery. Hopefully we might get some figures, though.

I'm sure our helpful moderators have the heart to effectively help in whatever means within their power. They have the organisation, intellect and honesty in order to provide accurate and reliable information to the general playing base. I am sure that their devotion towards the enhancement of the game playing experience for every single player in this game will be able to get the information that we are looking for. I thank them for the invaluable efforts and dedication to such a noble cause.