• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG questions

DeletedUser4089

Then a guild can grant freedom to a sector, then attack it, then grant freedom, then attack it, then grant freedom, then attack it...
It doesn't cost any goods, battles are simple (non-boosted armies), it can be done 100 times a day, and will give a lot of points (both PvP and ranking points) to attackers.

Do the devs see this (and other similar) schemes as an exploit that will be fixed in the next update,
or is this a normal feature and this is how we are expected to compete in PvP towers and global ranking?

Works great until a rival guild steals the sector when you free it and sits 8 boosted armies in defence.

DeletedUser7719

Updated my granting freedom rewards post

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100777

Hi. newer player here. I am in a Guild that I and a few others have been working hard at making it grow. So we are a newer Guild. Most of our members are across the Iron Age, Early middle Age and a couple in the High Middle Ages. A few comments about what i have noticed. And some glaring unfairness that leaves me wanting a refund for the 100 dollars i spent trying to get our guild started in this G vs G.

It has taken a bit to figure out the Guild vs Guild part of the game, but we are making our way through it. we actually conquered 3 sectors, were working on 4 and 5, but someone snuck in and killed our siege and ended up beating the NPC army that had only two battles left before it fell. Of course they took the sector with only two battles remaining. There was no warning, no mails saying you are under siege. No flashing swords somewhere. nothing... if you weren't staring at the sector at the time, you would never know you were being attacked. We as a smaller guild worked hard on trying to take that Sector and it doesn't take mere minutes to Conquer. It will take hours if not days to conquer a NPC held sector. True we as a guild are not totally set up with all barracks. Not yet anyway. Also the regeneration of training armies add a long time to being able to conquer a sector. So you cam imagine i was a little peeved when i realized there was no warning system at all. And don't mention the event log....what is that??? nothing but a waste of space.

Now here is my real concern. Who can take part in the different ages. I was shocked to see the top Guilds with endless resources and all the Great Buildings and most members being at the top ages..Then i realized their top players from all different ages (Based off Town Halls) can play in EMA or IA, or HMA, etc. So here we are a smaller guild trying to make it in a lower age and we are facing players who have endless coins, endless resources, can build 12 barracks for the lower age at one time, build another 12 goods buildings and still maintain and utilize the resource buildings, Great Buildings and all the other advancements from the higher age....yet they are playing at almost the lowest age??? i cant make 10 barracks at one time. i cant make 10 goods buildings at one time. I dont have the resources...NOR THE SPACE!

It is ridiculous, you might as well make this new addition only for the top ten guilds and forget the rest of us., or actually if the top 5 guilds got together and all agreed to an age, they could each rule an age, lol.

I was under the assumption that when this update first came out that you would be limited to what age you could play in according whatever your Town Hall was at that time. Thus if your Town Hall was from Iron Age, then you should be limited to Iron Age for this Guild Wars.

I want my money back. I want it back for all the goods i bought to open slot for defense, I want it back for all the goods i bought to start a siege. I want it back for all the healing i had to do to my troops to fight a few battles in a row. Smaller players and Guilds like myself are just wasting our time playing this Guild war effort. might as well limit it to the big boys and forget the rest of us. what disappointment this discovery was.

thank you

DeletedUser

Smaller players and Guilds like myself are just wasting our time playing this Guild war effort. might as well limit it to the big boys and forget the rest of us. what disappointment this discovery was.

thank you

I'm sorry that you feel disappointed with the way GvG works. Unfortunately it is the case that other guilds can and will try to take sectors that you have been attacking; this is part of the game and will make GvG challenging. Guilds are not restricted to which ages they can fight in, apart from the requirement to use units of the appropriate age, so if higher level and bigger guilds have got Iron Age troops, they will be able to fight in the Iron Age part of the map.

If you still wish to participate in GvG, then my advice would be to prepare as much as possible before you take part again: you will need barracks, available units, goods for unlocking slots, etc. It may be that you can only take one sector after a lot of time and preparation, or it may be that you need to wait until your guild is larger and has more of the advantages that some other guilds have.

I sympathise that you have had a bad experience with the loss of a sector, but you did also conquer three sectors.

DeletedUser100777

I'm sorry that you feel disappointed with the way GvG works. Unfortunately it is the case that other guilds can and will try to take sectors that you have been attacking; this is part of the game and will make GvG challenging. Guilds are not restricted to which ages they can fight in, apart from the requirement to use units of the appropriate age, so if higher level and bigger guilds have got Iron Age troops, they will be able to fight in the Iron Age part of the map.

If you still wish to participate in GvG, then my advice would be to prepare as much as possible before you take part again: you will need barracks, available units, goods for unlocking slots, etc. It may be that you can only take one sector after a lot of time and preparation, or it may be that you need to wait until your guild is larger and has more of the advantages that some other guilds have.

I sympathise that you have had a bad experience with the loss of a sector, but you did also conquer three sectors.
I think the point was lost in all my words....well i was peeved we lost the sector, it wasn't what the complaint was about. My complaint wasnt that we lost it, it was that we had no warning we were even under attack.

The Second complaint and biggest is totally valid if you think about it. How can you compete against fully loaded modern aged buildings and the space that goes with if you are trying to compete with much less initial resources to prepare and much less space to build BARRACKS on. Yes i am aware that barracks and goods have to be of the age people are currently fighting in. Seriously, you don't see the the disparity?? I am not a silly man just complaining for nothing. And your advice to try later...well your not thinking it through correctly. it is best to try to get what you can get now. Try to get the NPC controlled sectors as soon as possible because once they are controlled by the big guild the sectors will never be broken by anyone still stuck in the the earlier ages. Never ever. So we as a guild will try to get as much as we can now, because there is no later. when all the NPC sectors are gone, then most likely the big guilds will go after the smaller less resourced packed guilds. Or at least that would be the smart way of doing things.... so forget try later. thats a crock.

thank you again

DeletedUser

I agree with you regarding GVG being unfair. The advanced guilds are at a great advantage over the new ones.
There should be some kind of limitation based on the guild members added points . How can a guild just starting off be able to play against the others.
Something needs to change other wisethere will be no more new players and your game will be done.

Hope someone reads this and actually cares ...

DeletedUser

My complaint wasnt that we lost it, it was that we had no warning we were even under attack.

That will be the same for all guilds taking part in GvG - no one will have warnings of attacks.

How can you compete against fully loaded modern aged buildings and the space that goes with if you are trying to compete with much less initial resources to prepare and much less space to build BARRACKS on.

I think that will always be the case: there will be bigger guilds, guilds with more space, guilds with more resources, regardless of the restrictions on fighting. It is also the case that more advanced players may not have room for barracks from all previous ages, and therefore they will have some restrictions on where they can fight.

I do understand that it is difficult to compete against people who have been playing for longer and have more advantages, but that is a fact of life in these games. If you wish to discuss it further, it might be worth posting in the following GvG discussion thread: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?24277-Guild-versus-Guild-discussion-thread

DeletedUser1081

Can someone list the cost increments for placing sieges? And can someone also clarify whether the costs increase every time you set a siege, or only when your territory actually increases? Please and thank you kindly.

DeletedUser100777

I had a warning for my above post about swearing or foul language. can a mod please show me where i swore? I didnt mean to and i dont see it. did you already delete the word i use? I will in the future watch my language. Sorry if i did swear.

Also I noted my complaint was dismissed completely. Or that is how i feel. small excuses trying to stick up for the flawed update. You could have said i have a point.Which i think we all know I do. And a very very good point.

maybe update should have had a modern era, and players limited by their town hall. Or why bother breaking it into different ages? Trying to make it fair?? then it goes right back to my original complaint, it isnt fair. And it isnt about more experience players or how long a person has played. that is not the point here.

all further posts will be on suggest thread.

thank you and sorry if i ruffle feathers. and please show me my swear or remove my warning letter please.

DeletedUser97349

Hey typhoon22, I have replied to your message with a quote of the original post; I have edited the forum version to comply with forum rules. Thank you for apologising :). Regarding your complaint in the original post, I'm afraid I'm unable to speak for the devs regarding the development of GvG, but feedback from the forum is read and considered.

As a player myself I would suggest taking some time to build up your militaries and stock pile goods, build and level up military GBs if you can, then try again when the initial rush to conquer sectors has calmed down.

DeletedUser14664

How much do you get damaged when you are next to a river sector ?

DeletedUser

The goods costs of placing sieges are ridiculous. As big as the guilds are, the goods resources aren't infinite. Their growth will slow down at some point, I think smaller guilds will have the opportunity to take the sectors once the bigger guilds have run out of goods. 1500 per good per sector is ridiculous.

DeletedUser96844

a few points..

placing a seige army costs 5 of each goods from that age...it goes up 5 goods each age for the next seige army..

to unlock army slots on a conquered sector cost:
30 goods each age for slots 3 and 4
60 goods each age for slots 5 and 6
90 goods each age for slots 7 and 8

if you palce 8 armies..
1st sector costs a total of 1825 goods
2nd sector costs 1850 goods
3rd sector cost 1875 goods
and goes on

next .. if you battle a npc sector you will fight 2 armies with 0% attack/defence boost
if you come back later..as sugggested by some you may have to attack a guild owned one with 8 armies at 50% attack/defence boost.

so INNO are basically saying to low level players..forget GvG.. build up your GBs levels to max..expand your city to max..for troop and goods buildings and then try again..by which time you will all be in progressive or modern era

DeletedUser

Actually I think they've catered to smaller guilds actually. The goods costs for sectors increase exponentially after a while. Even big guilds have problems expanding that fast. Therefore, the rest of the map can be claimed easily by the smaller guilds.

DeletedUser96844

you cannot land on any sector of the map...choosing to deploy far away from other guilds..letting you build up before confronting a higher guild or a guild held sector..

if all the sectors in the landing area are guild controlled..good luck fighting 8 armies with 50% att/def boost when you only have 27% or the like

once big guilds spread out they won't need to go any further..they can sit on what they have..collect the sector points and advance while beating off seiging armies.

DeletedUser1081

a few points..

placing a seige army costs 5 of each goods from that age...it goes up 5 goods each age for the next seige army..

That's only true for the first couple of sieges. Later the costs start rising dramatically.
I keep hoping someone will post the increments. Please and thank you kindly.