• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do you like the new neighborhood setup

DeletedUser

And being plundered for a full hut? I don't think bronze age players care that much to be quite honest.
Players of all ages produce goods, this is the main plundering target.

Besides, what are they gonna lose, 10 medals in the BA tower? meh.
Yeap, the whole expansion.

Also, he only has +100%, he only has Aachen and Zeus. If attacked, he's useless. Even someone in Iron Age would stand a very decent chance against him.
I think it's not the final version of his BA city. He has enough space to put 4-5 more GBs :)

That guy got boosted, nothing else. He got in a guild and traded his stone / marble up and got all he needed. It affects few players and in a minimal way.
Personally, I think that one player can never significantly influence progress of another one, even if the first one in PE and the second in BA (devs made a great effort to ensure that everyone can protect his resources). However, there were a lot of whines about how it was unfair - "I was sitting doing nothing for 3 months, and now that bully, who worked hard all this time, attacks and plunders me everyday and I can't protect myself. It's unfair!!!". New merging algorithm, as I understand, was designed, in part, to protect such whiners. It will be interesting to hear their feedback when towns like Cord Rufus's one will become common.

DeletedUser

Sorry, I fail to see the problem. Anyone can get out of Bronze Age super-quick and not have to worry about fighting against a guy with +100%. With legionaires you'll walk all over his spearmen. And remember that in defense he'll still be bad.

Effort to get a city like that in BA = HUGE.
Gain of having a city like that in BA = minimal. You can own the BA tower constantly and frustrate some people for a few days until they get to Iron Age and own your ass.

So, where's the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Pendragon,
I think you need to accept there is a problem. I work my butt to lead my hood and I attacked every player but I am now put in a hood where I am near to bottom and being attacked daily.

This merging logic does not lead to active players wanting to stay in the game, and I for one have stopped playing a world because of this merging logic.
Making a player work very hard to get to top in his hood to then merge them to 16th from bottom and being attacked by everyone gives no incentive to any player to become top in their hood.

I'm not certain of it that there is a problem. I do know that we encounter the odd ones out, some people put in the wrong neighbourhood - so that's why I said to expect a few teething problems and to wait a few rounds.

However, and I think it's been said in this thread as well, players kept asking for a better way to merge neighbourhoods. Complained about empty ones, not being in the right ones, I'm sure there were more reasons. The way it's done now, was actually more or less put forward as well - completely independent from but along similar paths as what the devs were working on.
So now we have this new merge system and players will find themselves in more competitive ones. Yes. So players worked hard to get at the top of their neighbourhood. Do they want to stay there forever? I should think not. I think they want to test themselves against other players of their own calibre, and that means that sometimes you have to start further down again. It means new challenges, new chances.

I'd say: accept the challenge, and go for it. You may now be at the receiving end for a change - but how long will you let that last? :)

That's what I call a nice BA city :)

And it certainly is!

DeletedUser

Can some explain how that merge sistem work ?
What's the point to some Brozen Age player join into how where are players from Progressive age ? :|
I'm in Colonial Age and few from my hood, but rest of them are from HMA or lower age. So , can someone explain me how does new merge sistem works ?

DeletedUser

Can some explain how that merge sistem work ?
What's the point to some Brozen Age player join into how where are players from Progressive age ? :|
I'm in Colonial Age and few from my hood, but rest of them are from HMA or lower age. So , can someone explain me how does new merge sistem works ?

This announcement (click) will explain it to you :)

DeletedUser

So now we have this new merge system and players will find themselves in more competitive ones. Yes. So players worked hard to get at the top of their neighbourhood. Do they want to stay there forever? I should think not. I think they want to test themselves against other players of their own calibre, and that means that sometimes you have to start further down again. It means new challenges, new chances.

I'd say: accept the challenge, and go for it. You may now be at the receiving end for a change - but how long will you let that last? :)

I'll try to put this as lightly as possible.

You are ignoring an obvious problem by making it poetic. Let me put it in blunt, real, fact terms:

Someone picks up the game. They PvP a lot to win Bronze and Iron Towers. Merge happens, he's in EMA. He gets paired against 80 people in PE.

Questions for you:
1. How are those people of "the same calibre" as our poor guy?
2. How is this situation transcribing into "new challenges, new chances"?

And I'd like to answer this question:
You may now be at the receiving end for a change - but how long will you let that last? :)
2-4 weeks, until another merge happens. If you're asking how long a player in HMA takes to catch up to people with 2m points in a hood where he gets plundered constantly..

Please tell me you see a problem in being plundered 70 times a day and having precisely 0% chance to defend yourself.

DeletedUser97349

Please tell me you see a problem in being plundered 70 times a day and having precisely 0% chance to defend yourself.

Seriously? I want to be in your hood if its that easy to plunder people there...

The defence is simple... don't leave your stuff hanging around.

DeletedUser

You are ignoring an obvious problem by making it poetic. Let me put it in blunt, real, fact terms:

Someone picks up the game. They PvP a lot to win Bronze and Iron Towers. Merge happens, he's in EMA. He gets paired against 80 people in PE.

Questions for you:
1. How are those people of "the same calibre" as our poor guy?
2. How is this situation transcribing into "new challenges, new chances"?

[...]

Ahh, but you're taking the odd ones out as an example - now that won't do :). I've said it before and I'll say it again - after some more merges, this situation should be even more rare as it is now. Most of the players would be put in a neighbourhood then, which is about their own progress and the differences won't be as huge as you sketched.

Or were you trying to tell me that you'd like to stay at the top of your Iron Age neighbourhood, because you won't be plundered there as all the others are far behind? And, to put it as blunt as you did, how would that be for the ladies and gents at the bottom of the line - would they be plundered daily by you? Just hypothetical questions, of course!

So yes, same calibre, as you'd have around the same progress eventually. And yes, challenges and chances as you'll be able to proceed upwards even more. You do not have to, mind you. No one's saying that. If you're happy in the middle of a 'hood, or at the bottom, that's quite fine. I'm doing perfectly well in those areas.

Which leads me to the hypothetical 70 plunders a day as well. I'm in hoods that are rather pvp-minded. I get attacked a lot, and I usually lose, cause yes, I'm at the bottom half of my hoods and I haven't progressed as far as the top half, leave alone that I've got units that could beat theirs (not even mentioning how the AI performs!).
But 70 plunders? Nah. Not in a lifetime. Maybe ten. And that's only because I'm not very active and I don't get to my stuff in time. For it's not that hard to avoid plunder if you try.

Not so poetic after all then. :)

DeletedUser

Sigh. I was just talking about the real-life example of a guy from my guild that was in HMA going against people in PE. He's less than a mosquito to them.

Do the merges as they are now with the following condition: never more than 1-2 eras difference between people in the same neighborhood. Otherwise it's completely imbalanced and one-sided no matter how good you are at the game. You can't beat tanks with HMA stuff, no matter how much you nice you describe it as "giving your best".

But if you don't want to understand the problem then that's fine as well.

DeletedUser

Well, I think I already said a few times that that's exactly what they're aiming for: balanced hoods, players with about the same progress. Just be patient while it's slowly going in that direction :)

DeletedUser97913

Well, I think I already said a few times that that's exactly what they're aiming for: balanced hoods, players with about the same progress. Just be patient while it's slowly going in that direction :)

So we just have to wait and hope it will be resolved, great. Do you accept that the system at the moment is unfair?

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Apart from the same experience of 5 iron age players showing up in my PE hood on Gref. ... I still see no problem, with this new system.

I dominate my hood on East Nagach ( main world ) ..very productive .:)

I am ranked #21 in my PE(mainly)hood on Gref ... outgunned by boosts from top players ,but its a great challenge for me :)

I am ranked #63 in my only other world :Hounds ... attacked & plundered daily .... but i can still avoid losing goods etc.,if i really need to
and its still a challenge with the odd fight , heavily outgunned by some...but still winnable on manual :)

so...from 3 diff perspectives ....no problem = :)

DeletedUser13805

Apart from the same experience of 5 iron age players showing up in my PE hood on Gref. ... I still see no problem, with this new system.

I dominate my hood on East Nagach ( main world ) ..very productive .:)

I am ranked #21 in my PE(mainly)hood on Gref ... outgunned by boosts from top players ,but its a great challenge for me :)

I am ranked #63 in my only other world :Hounds ... attacked & plundered daily .... but i can still avoid losing goods etc.,if i really need to
and its still a challenge with the odd fight , heavily outgunned by some...but still winnable on manual :)

so...from 3 diff perspectives ....no problem = :)

thats great for you lord ice but try and picture it that you have just started out in the game and are not able to kick butt ? i am the same as you i am in many worlds fel world is my main world were i earn 5 million battle points a week now so i am more than happy with the hood but i never would be as high up the ranks if i had just started and had to face people with huge boosts and troops miles ahead of me i would of quit. so i can be happy about my other worlds getting plundered as there not my main world so it doesnt impact on me really but if i only had the one world and i was far down the line i wouldnt stay thats for sure as many dont and who can blame them in the end there going to have to merge worlds make the numbers up as people will not stick around if there not allowed to grow in the game as a fair pace

Puablo

Corporal
Put the attacks and plunderings to one side for a moment. We have in our hood 2 guys who collect 1&1/2 million points in the PvP tower every week. How are we ever going to get points when they remain in our Hood? Someone MUST look at each hood and move out the top people and put them into a hood that they have to work for their points. Give the rest of us people a chance. All they do is get bigger and stronger quicker. They are at the top end of Prog A, and most of out Hood have just got into Ind A. They walk over us and get stronger every day, MAKE IT FAIR, move them on!

DeletedUser13805

Put the attacks and plunderings to one side for a moment. We have in our hood 2 guys who collect 1&1/2 million points in the PvP tower every week. How are we ever going to get points when they remain in our Hood? Someone MUST look at each hood and move out the top people and put them into a hood that they have to work for their points. Give the rest of us people a chance. All they do is get bigger and stronger quicker. They are at the top end of Prog A, and most of out Hood have just got into Ind A. They walk over us and get stronger every day, MAKE IT FAIR, move them on!

i have always said there should be a league system were the hoods would start with the top 80 all in one hood and work downwards as it would be fair to all and as you grow you would then be moved up to the next harder hood untill you make it to the top hood. our ranks should be counted as there is no fairer system i dont think but i could be wrong

DeletedUser5514

i have always said there should be a league system were the hoods would start with the top 80 all in one hood and work downwards as it would be fair to all and as you grow you would then be moved up to the next harder hood untill you make it to the top hood. our ranks should be counted as there is no fairer system i dont think but i could be wrong

But then, the number of medals given by each tower would have to be greatly increased (number of medals and number of players receiving medals), as you move into harder hoods, since its not the same to fight everyday against top dogs as against lower ranked players. Battles take more time, require more strategy and more armies, your losses are much heavier although your units still take the same time to produce and to heal.

Puablo

Corporal
But then, the number of medals given by each tower would have to be greatly increased (number of medals and number of players receiving medals), as you move into harder hoods, since its not the same to fight everyday against top dogs as against lower ranked players. Battles take more time, require more strategy and more armies, your losses are much heavier although your units still take the same time to produce and to heal.
You miss the point. To be attacked day in day out by people who you can never 'beat' in enough to drive people away. Great the MODs will move more people into the hood to make up the numbers - but for what? The same guys now have more people to grow bigger off. Lets get them moved into a hood where they can't win. Its Monday noon, these 2 have already fought over 30 fights and have a points total that no-one else can catch, another 6 days and think of all the battle points they have collected.
Perhaps the MODs should scale down the points awarded for people who have a far superior advantage over other hood members. Have you also noticed how in the battlefield, the attackers have more cover (things to hide in/around) than the defence. In real time the defenders have built a defence, so they should have the advantage of any attacker.

DeletedUser

And it doesn't look like much has been learn't, as today's merge has put me in with completed IndA players - that's not bad seeing as I've just got out of HMA!! Get real, because this is plain stupid. Our hood now covers EMA through to completed. Do INNO actually know what equalization actually is? :(

DeletedUser

Someone MUST look at each hood and move out the top people and put them into a hood that they have to work for their points.
With over 5000 neighbourhoods on the EN server, it is not feasible for someone to look into each neighbourhood. The man power required to do so would be immense, that is why the system handles neighbourhood merges. I have had 8 merges since I started the game in February. 5 of those are since the new merge system.

While I have seen many "incorrect" (in my opinion) merges, for the majority, it is actually working and I can see that is has improved the game, now if we can only figure out why it will occasionally put BA players into PE hoods, or moves active players from good hoods to 'inactive' hoods...

Great the MODs will move more people into the hood to make up the numbers - but for what?
The Moderators have nothing to do with this. The neighbourhood merge system is handled by the server which is coded into the game - therefore this falls into Development Team territory - us Mod's get enough grief from cheaters players, let alone getting blamed for Dev. Team stuff too! :-P

Perhaps the MODs should scale down the points awarded for people who have a far superior advantage over other hood members.
That sounds fair.... work harder or play longer and get less points.... I know it's no popularity contest, but I don't think that would go down to well. Also, where would you draw the line....? At which point do you fall into that "superior" category, how fair would it be then if a player that puts in less effort gains more points?

I agree, there is room for improvement in the current system. But surely we are glad to be away from the old system where you could be stuck in a hood of 20 people for 3 months?! Worst case scenario, you get stuck in a less favourable hood for 2 weeks.... play well and you won't get plundered anyway!

And it doesn't look like much has been learn't, as today's merge has put me in with completed IndA players - that's not bad seeing as I've just got out of HMA!! Get real, because this is plain stupid. Our hood now covers EMA through to completed. Do INNO actually know what equalization actually is?
So you are now in CA, and you have InA players in your hood.... wow, the contrast.... how do you know those players are not recently within InA?

The way the system now works, it separates hoods into 'blocks', the split of which is decided by the most significant gaps between individuals. The gap between the bottom 'block' and the top 'block' might be huge, but it would be bridged by the middle 'blocks' - not ideal, I agree, but I think this is why you end up with the range of players in different ages/eras. Still, better than being in a hood with 25 other players for 3 months right....?

DeletedUser

Maybe this question has been asked before, but is there something that can be done with players who are all the time just standing on the edge of turning inactive?
In our hood we have at least 7-8 such players who seem to do just what it takes so their accounts don't get deleted, but nothing else. A number of those players disappear from the hood at some point, then re-appear (seemingly after having collected the coins from their houses) and go cold immediately. Such accounts however survive each merge.
If such accounts could be singled out and moved to inactive hoods, this will free up slots that could go to active players.

edit: with the above exception, I'm very happy with the merge system; our hood gets new active players every time, but only just a couple, because it gets fully occupied

Last edited by a moderator: