• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rival, who thought so many 24 production quests was a good idea????

Shadovaria

Private
I finished last week's Thursday am, This week's I'm done already and without those extra boost/items the event gave at the start.

It made it a little easier planning and hoping they didn't switch them up this time around, especially when they didn't. So coasted through it. Did build a lot more blacksmiths though as I use pumpkins for the normal quests. Also queued as many of the 24hr quests at the same time as possible.
So what are you going to do next time around when you have no store items left, are you just going to waste tons of space with permenant blacksmiths or plant so many pumpkins that you have no optimism left, yes there where a few way to finish it but all requited wasting items with far better uses

Shadovaria

Private
If you are interested in doing regularly those Rivals it may be a good idea to plan to have a good "income" of finish supply production goodies if they have become problematic. In my opinion the most valuable resource now in game is the store building and the most valuable GB the blue galaxy as those two help you to farm for an x amount of time valuable resources required for some aspects of the game.
No question the value of speedups and store items has massively increased but to increase production of those takes time, more time than say for example from now to the next time those rivals quests are likely to appear. Its the usualy poorly though out setup that will screw over many players especially those who havent been playing for long enough to be able to pull it off

Shadovaria

Private
I've very recently starting using BG on arcane tarot for the Finish all supply buffs. It was one I never paid attention too upto recently just had t
Is that just the Rival you're referring to? Or is that the Event in general?

For myself if I wasn't doing Rival I'd need to reach 5,000 Grand Prize progress to upgrade my Golden Orrery. With Rival I have the option to skip the Event entirely if I wanted to. Got my upgrade :lol:
I am fine with the idea of rival in general and have no issues the with events but they shouldn't be making rival so difficult to complete for the newer players. To pull this one off you either needed loads of speed ups/loads of store items/tons of space or pointless buildings you didnt care about deleting just to place a ton of blacksmiths plenty players just found it impossible. Great way to encourage the newer player by making things they have no chance of completing

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
So what are you going to do next time around when you have no store items left, are you just going to waste tons of space with permenant blacksmiths or plant so many pumpkins that you have no optimism left, yes there where a few way to finish it but all requited wasting items with far better uses

I'm in the middle of a city relay so I'm factoring in if I want to do rivals and if they're going to be worth it. There's a lot of events so a lot of rivals. So is the space wasted? Plus I'm removing rows of doubled 3x3 and adding 4x4 buildings so kinda creating the perfect amount of space at the same time for small production buildings without moving long rows of roads.

I have a CF I only ever use at the start of a new era, for the dia reward quests or for complete x amount of quests tasks. I've considered that space wasted before but I'm in the middle of rebuilding it back to lvl 100 I deleted it at.

As I mentioned above somewhere I'm using BG on Tarot to gain more supply rushes and I never run out of store buildings.

For new players they are going to struggle but what can Inno do? have several tiers of quests? what about the players camping in lower ages and building up powerful cities how would they work around those as they dont need easier quests infact it would make it too easy for them in comparison to players at the end eras. What's the deciding factor on a 'New player'?

Last edited: