• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Quantum Incursions Feedback Thread

*Neo

Private
i think the general idea of QI is not that far away from beeing a good game.
Problem is in game we do have a lot of different activitys and most of thems taking a lot of time
if some of thems can be merged in some ways that would shorted some time and we can do more with less time.
for example merge setlement game play with QI,
perfect example Egypt setlement game play for fighting nodes,
and perfect Japan setlement for donation node,
if something similar can be done with other setlements for example in one of other setlements you can gather coins in another supplies and in 3rd something else or another set of army setup.
so the general idea would be you play 10 days setlement but at the same time you doing quests in setlement and you play QI where you progress in nodes, maybe nots should not be 100% just fighting or defending or donating something, maybe in the same node you could move with other ways but those ways should be a little more expensive than the main one.

at lvl 8 and lvl 9 there seems is a lot of problems when you get in line for example 6 blue nodes and only then red nodes starting so it does make strategylly very not nice as in most cases it does means that some ppl are overtasked while others had nothing to do at that time.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
i think the general idea of QI is not that far away from beeing a good game.
Problem is in game we do have a lot of different activitys and most of thems taking a lot of time
if some of thems can be merged in some ways that would shorted some time and we can do more with less time.
for example merge setlement game play with QI,
perfect example Egypt setlement game play for fighting nodes,
and perfect Japan setlement for donation node,
if something similar can be done with other setlements for example in one of other setlements you can gather coins in another supplies and in 3rd something else or another set of army setup.
so the general idea would be you play 10 days setlement but at the same time you doing quests in setlement and you play QI where you progress in nodes, maybe nots should not be 100% just fighting or defending or donating something, maybe in the same node you could move with other ways but those ways should be a little more expensive than the main one.

at lvl 8 and lvl 9 there seems is a lot of problems when you get in line for example 6 blue nodes and only then red nodes starting so it does make strategylly very not nice as in most cases it does means that some ppl are overtasked while others had nothing to do at that time.
What do people do who already completed all the settlements as they were released in 2018-2022? I have no intention of setting foot in any of the old settlements again as I completed them all.

You're right it's a decent idea to combine some game elements so that they are more inter-connected and playing at the same time, instead of this add-on patch-work quilt that we have, but that would have required a lot more thought and planning than slapping QI on as a 3 month long event with an event pass and creating it as a new settlement.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
The duration of the Incursion needs to be longer, or don't reset the settlement every 2 weeks. I really don't think starting the Qsettlement over and over every 2 weeks is going to be popular with enough people for very long to keep this going. That really needs to change because, about the time you get your settlement fully developed to where you can play fully, the 11 days is over. That's not fun, that's annoying.

There's 2 ways to fix this, make the QI seasons longer, like double it to 4 weeks (instead of 2) and have 3 seasons per tournament, which would also give smaller guilds some hope of completing it as 15-20 people can go a lot further along if they get some more time with it (compared to large guilds which already have a huge advantage, they will win anyway, let the smaller guilds at least be able to play?)

Or only reset the settlement every other incursion so that there is a chance to build on what you already did for 2 seasons (again once a month) before you have to start all over on the next one.

PomPoms

Sergeant
I don’t know if Inno is even going to read this, but here is my opinion. QI is tedious. I hate that I have to restart my settlement every season, that isn’t fun. It isn’t fun to fight manually all the time either. I like the donation nodes as they are fast.

One main thing is that it seems unfair for nodes to be the same amount of points needed across the board. Can Guild size not be taken into account here? Node points goal could be reduced due to numbers in the Guilds. Otherwise, again, it is just a feature that big Guilds will win. All the time. Making the points goal based on Guild numbers would at least even the play field a bit. (They are all the same, right? I may be assuming something that is not the case)

Last edited:

*Neo

Private
I don’t know if Inno is even going to read this, but here is my opinion. QI is tedious. I hate that I have to restart my settlement every season, that isn’t fun. It isn’t fun to fight manually all the time either. I like the donation nodes as they are fast.

One main thing is that it seems unfair for nodes to be the same amount of points needed across the board. Can Guild size not be taken into account here? Node points goal could be reduced due to numbers in the Guilds. Otherwise, again, it is just a feature that big Guilds will win. All the time. Making the points goal based on Guild numbers would at leat even the play field a bit. (They are all the same, right? I may be assuming something that is not the case)
WELL you are wrong here
i played QI 25 times since i have 13 towns and 1 it happened that guild was disabanded on the first QI game so i was left with 0 points.

my expierience is very different in strong guilds with goods starting stats like 200%+ from main town i kind of made less progress than the towns where i was in extreamly weak guilds and my progress with a total 0 starting attack boost ended with more progress.
so there is kind of balance beetween weak and strong guilds.
Big guilds gaining at championship much better rewards, but beeing in strong big guild most likely will push down weaker players in solo progress what they can do in QI

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Thanks. I’d just worked that out. Not familiar with the terminology. Might as well just have one event running for a long while instead of constantly resetting.
That wouldn't be good business.... or sense as most players only seem to have a attention span of between 2 / 3 weeks on any given feature be it settlements GE, GBG or QI, the constant resetting on QI at least keeps renewing a small amount of interest as players can should they wish try differing layouts buildings ect, but boredom soon sets in and slowly even that won't be enough to keep it going, there are fewer and fewer players logging on to play QI, we on the live are now starting the 3rd incursion, less than 20% on my Guild are bothering, it's just so boring, I have already settled into a rut, having the same buildings, same layout, took me less than a minute, did all the first few nodes, and that's it, after my daily view of the forums am off to play Sudoku, at least that gets my brain working

Bridgeman55

Private
That wouldn't be good business.... or sense as most players only seem to have a attention span of between 2 / 3 weeks on any given feature be it settlements GE, GBG or QI, the constant resetting on QI at least keeps renewing a small amount of interest as players can should they wish try differing layouts buildings ect, but boredom soon sets in and slowly even that won't be enough to keep it going, there are fewer and fewer players logging on to play QI, we on the live are now starting the 3rd incursion, less than 20% on my Guild are bothering, it's just so boring, I have already settled into a rut, having the same buildings, same layout, took me less than a minute, did all the first few nodes, and that's it, after my daily view of the forums am off to play Sudoku, at least that gets my brain working
Yah, making an interesting game for so many is a real challenge ... chess is fine for two and naughts & crosses is fine for many others ... but bringing together millions is a truly epic endeavour.

After collecting a few shards I started today's QI with 5 expansions + 10 butchers ... aiming at 4 goat farms and 25 villa asap (ie 5k quantum actions per hour) ... effectively doubling the possible q-actions ... leading to more progress, shards and fragments.

100k action points cost 450 shards ... or you can generate an extra 100k per day from villa ... the choice is yours !
You don't have to be in the Top 10 to enjoy the golden Neo Collosus ... quite frankly, it looks better with the scaffolding

Last edited:

joesoap

Major-General
not sure if this was mentioned, when picking the goods in the QI city, it would be good to see the size of the buildings, as t is i have to come back to my main city, open that build menu & find the sizes there
i'm guessing in time i will always pick the same 2 goods so wont need the info but until then & for newer players it would be helpful

kraeos

Private
Could the QI building in the main city have the exclamation mark symbol on top of it when buildings in the QI settlement are ready for collection? Same way as it works for the normal settlements. It would be good to have same features across all elements of the game. Thanks

Last edited:

Dead-Eye

General
Could the QI building in the main city have the exclamation mark symbol on top of it when buildings in the QI settlement are ready for collection? Same way as it works for the normal settlements. It would be good to have same features across all elements of the game. Thanks

And the ability to turn it off if you don't participate in that aspect of the game.

hondnl

Private
@dev Feedback

- Users that have no settlement full level 9 buildings in my guild are feeling frustrated.
Why?

Even with min/maxing guidelines on how to create the perfect town in QI , only on day 4/5 you can really fight.
And then you are restricted by the Quantum Actions an hour.

I have seen guild members including me go berserk on it , they all had at least an attack + defense settlement.

NO! The solution is not to lower the settlement perks, users worked hard to get them , they earned them.
I like the idea, that it is not an easy min-game , but the road to achievement should be more pronounced, so users have clearer goals to go after.

What in my view is the problem is the QI village.

- Either give it more time, so the village means something. 7 days is way to short for players visiting once a day.
When they finally at the end of the seventh, added enough attack/defense , they cannot use it ( Quantum Action ).
They feel frustrated and won't start another village.

- Or the stats have to change.
But a slippery slope, too easy to build a QI town and the whole premise of the mini-game is ruined.
A quick fix would be to reduce a bit of the stats , the top guilds all use a guide to min-max the QI city,
I don't think that was the point.

- You could also ...
Make the QI city a bit more unique and the time a bit longer, so users really feel they invest in them.
And make users want to do this min-game by :
Long during quests :
- 100 villa's -> a blueprint of a building that will help with IQ
- 500 units killed
Etc , whatever , just something to keep people reaching for an end goal.

It is not easy to calibrate between new users and long term end-users.
Endgame has always been a problem for a lot of games , but a couple did it very well , you don't have to reinvent the wheel

I am sorry to say , but QI was creatively disappointing.
It is badly calibrated and will be an horror to calibrate in the future.

Come on my German devs , convince management that a good game earns more money than a bad game with more pay2win.
You made an unique game that is FOE !

Cheers

Last edited:

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
What I HATE about Quantum Incursions is the “pay to win” element. In my main city I already have 1200 points and thus got the Neo Colossus to level 8 from the pass rewards alone. And IF I were to spend the money and buy the Gold and Silver lines of the Quantum Pass I would get 1000 Fragments for the Silver upgrade and 1000 fragments for the Golden upgrade, thus I would be able to get the Neo Colossus maxed instantly, without me doing anything more in Quantum Incursions.

IF, however, I want to get the Silver and Golden upgrades via gameplay... good luck with that. The fragments for the Silver upgrade appear first at level 7, and it is 8% for just 2 fragments per contribution point (40% chance to get a reward, and then 20% chance to get the reward I actually want). Successfully completing the entire level 7 gives me a chance to get 250 Fragments from the chests at the end of the current incursion.

Fragments for the Golden upgrade appear at level 8, and if successfully cleared this difficulty gives a chance for 125 Fragments for the Golden upgrade. So to get the Silver and Golden upgrades via gameplay means reaching AT LEAST level 8, and it also requires massive amounts of luck: Like I mentioned above, there's only 40% chance to get a reward in QI, and even if I get a reward, there are five options at 20% each, so in practice there is about 8% chance to get the reward I want.

So my options are:
1) Buy the Gold and Silver lines of the Quantum Pass and get the Silver and Golden Upgrades instantly
2) Don't pay and likely not get them at all
This is what I consider “pay to win”, and what I hate.

Bridgeman55

Private
What I HATE about Quantum Incursions is the “pay to win” element. In my main city I already have 1200 points and thus got the Neo Colossus to level 8 from the pass rewards alone. And IF I were to spend the money and buy the Gold and Silver lines of the Quantum Pass I would get 1000 Fragments for the Silver upgrade and 1000 fragments for the Golden upgrade, thus I would be able to get the Neo Colossus maxed instantly, without me doing anything more in Quantum Incursions.
I guess you could call it "pay to play" ... a not totally unreasonable notion, even if advertised as "free play".

I too obtained the Neo Colossus from the progress alone ... but quite frankly, buying the gold/silver pass to
get those upgrades is just going to make you and your guild look like a bunch of losers.
Preferably, you could get a gold upgrade kit if your guild comes #1 ... silver upgrade kit if your guild comes #1 or 2 ...
and fragments of both if your guild comes in the top 10 (of the championship).

Impatience is an asset but perseverance may serve you better
(Quite frankly, the scaffolding looks more appealing ... under-construction, an on-going project) !

Attachments

• My Neo Collosus (QI) Thur 25 April.png
    My Neo Collosus (QI) Thur 25 April.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

harold mouse

Corporal
Come on my German devs , convince management that a good game earns more money than a bad game with more pay2win.
You made an unique game that is FOE !

I think this is the nub of the problem. The problem is not with the developers but with the owners. The developers are constrained to do what the owners tell them to do. For the owners to make more money, they need quick profits and to show a healthy balance sheet. Then they just have to sell up. They have no interest in the long term future of the game as they won't be the owners when it dies.

harold mouse

Corporal
It used to be that FoE was one of the best regarded F2P games. But recent developments have focussed on removing the interesting aspects of the game, for example GvG and the devaluing of so many GBs. Now one just has to collect fragments and fiddle with one's city to fit in the new buildings. They have turned it into a collection of mini-games, of which QI is just the latest. Of course minigames are less interesting. This was a recent review posted on the internet. Come on Inno, change course before your name is completely turned to mud:

"Heavily tied to spending real money. I will briefly mention that graphics and gameplay aspects are well made, but inhumane greed of the developer downweighs everything all good aspects. Its name should be greed of empires. I cannot recommend this game. I say it as someone who played hundreds of F2p games. There are a million ways to implement paid content and not anger players. It can be smart and very acceptable by all gamers. This is obviously is not that case. This game is one of the most greedy begging attempt I have ever experienced. Do not play it. I played for a week. And every day it was getting more obvious there can be no progress without heavy spending."

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
It used to be that FoE was one of the best regarded F2P games. But recent developments have focussed on removing the interesting aspects of the game, for example GvG and the devaluing of so many GBs. Now one just has to collect fragments and fiddle with one's city to fit in the new buildings. They have turned it into a collection of mini-games, of which QI is just the latest. Of course minigames are less interesting. This was a recent review posted on the internet. Come on Inno, change course before your name is completely turned to mud:

"Heavily tied to spending real money. I will briefly mention that graphics and gameplay aspects are well made, but inhumane greed of the developer downweighs everything all good aspects. Its name should be greed of empires. I cannot recommend this game. I say it as someone who played hundreds of F2p games. There are a million ways to implement paid content and not anger players. It can be smart and very acceptable by all gamers. This is obviously is not that case. This game is one of the most greedy begging attempt I have ever experienced. Do not play it. I played for a week. And every day it was getting more obvious there can be no progress without heavy spending."
I think that is absolute rubbish and this from a player who has loved this game for almost 12 years, you do NOT need to spend real money to enjoy this game

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
mind 'offers' like 2,330 FP's for £94:99 do make you wonder what the heck they are smoking when collections from my city are over 3K a day without BG charges never mind any rewards or GbG/GE etc

Agent327

Overlord
mind 'offers' like 2,330 FP's for £94:99 do make you wonder what the heck they are smoking when collections from my city are over 3K a day without BG charges never mind any rewards or GbG/GE etc

Those offers are not intended for the long time experienced players. They are for the noobs that eagerly pay.