• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Bug: QI Euphoria calc'd wrong for decorations?

blahedo

Private
When I added a victory pillar, it seems to be subtracting from my euphoria rather than adding.

• World: Dinegu
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 125.0.2
  • Overview of the bug: I was in my QI just shy of a euphoria boundary (people were unhappy) so I built another victory pillar to edge out just a little more euphoria, but after it was built the people are even more unhappy.
  • Screenshots:
    foe-qi-euphoria.png
    I have two public baths (300) and two victory pillars (75) but instead of 750 it is reporting as 450.
  • How often this occurs: I hadn't noticed it before but reloading the game didn't change anything.
  • Urgency: Well, I spent time and resources on building it and it's decreasing my production. Not quite game-breaking but it's really set back my QI.
  • Preventative Actions: ???
  • Summary: See above.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes. There's a note about QI Euphoria from a couple weeks ago but it doesn't seem related.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods? N/A

blahedo

Private
Ok, if this isn't a computation bug then it's an interface bug. The thing that says "smiley-face 75" would not normally be expected to decrease happiness.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
"The thing that says "smiley-face 75"" is under Costs. Like all other costs it is substracted as soon as you start construction.

It makes no sense that decorations decrease happiness. Decorations beautify cities and they should make citizens happier, as they do elsewhere in the game and as they usually do in other city building games.
However, no matter how absurd it is, that's how it is in QI.
It's intended, not a bug.

Ariana Erosaire

Second Lieutenant
It makes no sense that decorations decrease happiness. Decorations beautify cities and they should make citizens happier, as they do elsewhere in the game and as they usually do in other city building games.
However, no matter how absurd it is, that's how it is in QI.
It's intended, not a bug.
yes exactly. But the idea of a quantum realm or mirror realm would be that some things have been flipped to the opposite. Only decorations really received this treatment, but it's the one thing that follows the theme of flipping the normal world order to the quantum version.

Though the execution of the QI currently falls short, and the main idea appears to have been how to work in a recurring pass people can pay for over and over, I can see where it had potential as a game idea.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
yes exactly. But the idea of a quantum realm or mirror realm would be that some things have been flipped to the opposite. Only decorations really received this treatment, but it's the one thing that follows the theme of flipping the normal world order to the quantum version.

Though the execution of the QI currently falls short, and the main idea appears to have been how to work in a recurring pass people can pay for over and over, I can see where it had potential as a game idea.
It is not the one thing that follow the theme of flipping normal world order. It is just one of.
Like how a game is supposed to be fun and entertaining - nothing really fun about this at all.
Or how this new sub-variant of the game should make you WANT to play it - well, due to Guild rankings and such, not Want so much as NEED to do it.
Or how highly anticipated this game will be, instead it is how highly let down it has become.
So, really, QI is doing a good job of being part of a quantum realm.

Ariana Erosaire

Second Lieutenant
It is not the one thing that follow the theme of flipping normal world order. It is just one of.
Like how a game is supposed to be fun and entertaining - nothing really fun about this at all.
Or how this new sub-variant of the game should make you WANT to play it - well, due to Guild rankings and such, not Want so much as NEED to do it.
Or how highly anticipated this game will be, instead it is how highly let down it has become.
So, really, QI is doing a good job of being part of a quantum realm.
LOL yeah if a normal game is fun, the quantum game has flipped that to not-so-fun.

We're in the third season of it and building the settlement is getting super annoying already. :( I'm really trying to give it a chance (and also not let down the guild or at least complete the first 6 seasons' championship) but waiting half the 11 days every damn time just to get up to speed in order to actually play has already gotten old.