• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP points algorithm

Nat007

Private
I wanted to bring up a frustrating issue I've noticed with the PvP points algorithm. It seems that the current system penalizes players with powerful defending bonuses, resulting in fewer points for battles on the PvP arena.

Inno encourages us to build strong blue armies, but this setup creates an unfair advantage for players who prioritize attack bonuses over defense. Players with powerful towns capable of easily destroying opponents are rewarded with significantly fewer points compared to those who focus solely on attack bonuses, neglecting defense altogether.

This seems counterintuitive and discourages players from investing in defensive strategies. It's frustrating to see our efforts to build well-rounded and powerful towns go unrewarded in the PvP arena.

Here is an example from my world: player #1, a diamond farm in the Industrial Age, has low attacking bonuses but just enough for PvP and zero defending bonuses. Each fight, he is getting much more points than me. So I have to disconnect all my defending buildings when I play PvP (to get more points) and avoid install very good buildings which don't require a road connection.

I believe it's crucial for Inno to reevaluate the PvP points algorithm. It's just unfair.

Agent327

Overlord
It "penalizes" attack bonusses as well and it is supposed to work that way. They just forgot to tell us.

Nat007

Private
In this case, it'd be renamed because it's not a 'Player v Player' concept; it's a 'Pity Victories Playground.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I don't play it but opened it for rivals when gbg wasn't running to complete fights. At no point did I see an actual player name that played, there is no player vs player.

The only time I saw an actual player was on the original pulled version 1 and it was mainly guildies.

Agent327

Overlord
I don't play it but opened it for rivals when gbg wasn't running to complete fights. At no point did I see an actual player name that played, there is no player vs player.

The only time I saw an actual player was on the original pulled version 1 and it was mainly guildies.

The medium and easy oponents are actual players. In Titan the hard opponent is always a NPC. Funny thing is, since your attack bonus has influence on the umber of points you get, you sometimes can get more points by defeating a medium player. Basically it is screwed like so many other things they did not think through.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Yes I pulled INNO up on this point that they have stacked a whole heap of NPCs ( Non player Characters ) into the PvP Arena to make it look as if it's popular, but it has slowly started to die, As a Titan player, I haven't been attacked in months, I haven't lost for a year or more, doubt if I actually fight a real player more than once or twice a day, yet there is no way I can hope to get into the top 20 due to the points system as I only ever get 278 points a fight, whereas lower ranked players can grab over 400 a fight, I only do it for the ranking points, the rewards do not interest me, neither does my position in the " league table" as its completely pointless, and I for one wouldn't worry who grabs the top rewards, I do wonder how long it will be before INNO has to bring in Non Player Guilds to bolster GBG and QI as interest is certainly waning on both these features, generally a lot of players, especially the longer term players seem to be targeting their own Sphere of interest and ignoring the other aspects of the game, its a sad testament to a one great game that all these "improvements and additional features" may cause its ignoble demise.