• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event New Mini Challenge Feedback Thread

Philodus

Corporal
You really should pay more attention. Years ago, when asked about a one down kit, they explained that the idea behind the game is for you to move on in age and that they will not accommodate players that decide to camp. Camping is against on how they see the game should be played.
On the US forums, there is a well-known public post about using higher age units by camping in a low age. I am still surprised they allowed that to exist till date. In other games something like that would have been removed the moment it came up. It's like a cheat code to the game posted on their own forum.

Last edited:

Treds59

Private
you have a challenge that lasts 2 days but you put the 3rd quest that will take a day to complete….
i am sure there must be logic there somewhere…… I just can’t see it :lol:

harold mouse

Corporal
You really should pay more attention. Years ago, when asked about a one down kit, they explained that the idea behind the game is for you to move on in age and that they will not accommodate players that decide to camp. Camping is against on how they see the game should be played.
Spite, then.

papashakes

Corporal
you have a challenge that lasts 2 days but you put the 3rd quest that will take a day to complete….
i am sure there must be logic there somewhere…… I just can’t see it :lol:
use a finish all supply productions from inventory (you should have at least 10 blacksmiths for event quests any way).. or burn diams ;) lol

papashakes

Corporal
On the US forums, there is a well-known public post about using higher age units by camping in a low age. I am still surprised they allowed that to exist till date. In other games something like that would have been removed the moment it came up. It's like a cheat code to the game posted on their own forum.
with only 4 hovers and 4 turturrets in Indy or PE it starts to cost a lot of diams to heal them when attrition over 100.. I can fight to 150 attr.. so in an important race diams will be spent.. I'm pretty sure that's what Inno want :D

Philodus

Corporal
with only 4 hovers and 4 turturrets in Indy or PE it starts to cost a lot of diams to heal them when attrition over 100.. I can fight to 150 attr.. so in an important race diams will be spent.. I'm pretty sure that's what Inno want :D
Spending back the extra diamonds you got from the GBG itself by inflating your battles? Nothing is spent out of pocket. Even in that case, to get to that attrition using same age troops will cost 100x more diamonds than what is spent healing.

harold mouse

Corporal
To complete the questline will take 10 blacksmiths/pumpkins (I got my 10th pumpkin from the quests) and 10 complete all supply productions. My city has been producing enough fragments to have plenty to spare. . Also a stack of medals for fights in PvP & GE. I haven't a problem there. In 40 mins I will do Q26 - trade 6AD items. And I will have plenty troops to recruit at collection time, having just done traz for Q23. So I don't think it will cause me a problem, but without a mature city, no chance.

Vesiger

Monarch
What I'm struggling with is finding enough fights - I've completed 4 levels of GE (and can't get far in the 5th) and fought through two provinces on the map, and attacked most of the people in my neighbourhood I can risk attacking (especially when I need to maintain an unbeaten streak) and bought countless extra turns in the PvP tower (where I hit an unexpectedly tough player after a streak of 16 fights and had to start all over again), and I'm now trying to achieve a streak of thirty more. It would be much easier if this were a GBG period, but it isn't!

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
What I'm struggling with is finding enough fights - I've completed 4 levels of GE (and can't get far in the 5th) and fought through two provinces on the map, and attacked most of the people in my neighbourhood I can risk attacking (especially when I need to maintain an unbeaten streak) and bought countless extra turns in the PvP tower (where I hit an unexpectedly tough player after a streak of 16 fights and had to start all over again), and I'm now trying to achieve a streak of thirty more. It would be much easier if this were a GBG period, but it isn't!
Kinda makes you miss the recurring quests with fights in them in SAAB, Venus, and SAJM, eh? There are many reasons I did NOT go up to Titan, and they are all still valid, but with the closing of GvG and the advent of Rivals with fight requirements, now I have 1 more reason to avoid the Titan-ic.

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
Kinda makes you miss the recurring quests with fights in them in SAAB, Venus, and SAJM, eh? There are many reasons I did NOT go up to Titan, and they are all still valid, but with the closing of GvG and the advent of Rivals with fight requirements, now I have 1 more reason to avoid the Titan-ic.
I tend not to have any recurring quests, as I don't rush to the end of an era and camp there - I'm still doing the story quests for Venus, and by the time I've finished them I'll probably be thinking about moving up an era. The recurring quests were only intended to plug the gap, not to be an income-maximising feature that could be cycled through hundreds of times a day...

However, I did manage to finish the Rival challenge via endless PvP manual battles ;)

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Agent327 is right, It may be against what the developers invisaged how the game should be played, but some, myself included have decided to camp in Iron Age for varying reasons , now that's our decision and we have to accept that there will be restrictions on the game that may well have an impact due to those decisions, so anyone intent on camping out for whatever reason, don't bleat or moan about it here, you made the decision and as a consequence you have to play in a restricted enviroment.

harold mouse

Corporal
Agent327 is right, It may be against what the developers invisaged how the game should be played, but some, myself included have decided to camp in Iron Age for varying reasons , now that's our decision and we have to accept that there will be restrictions on the game that may well have an impact due to those decisions, so anyone intent on camping out for whatever reason, don't bleat or moan about it here, you made the decision and as a consequence you have to play in a restricted enviroment.

It was you who made the decision, not I (I am SAJM and had no trouble completing the quest). Of course you should accept the consequences of that decision. But as usual Agent is more interested in producing an ill mannered response concerning something said when I was not even playing than in saying anything intelligent. The developers, in the past, created an extraordinarily complex and interesting game, which you can play in many different ways, including camping in IA. The current developers appear to be intent on changing the game entirely, and making it tedious, for example by removing the human interactions which were necessary to GvG & GBG, and even unbalancing the game and devaluing GBs through hugely overpowered buildings created from fragments, and at the same time removing any competitive element from GBG, so that only one guild can win every season and every championship, and the rest of the table is determined largely by the RNG. What do you think was the point in them constructing an entire quest line in which you could do two (iirc) quests? This is precisely the place to give them feedback, not to moan, but to persuade them to employ some developer's who understand what the job entails.

Agent327

Overlord
But as usual Agent is more interested in producing an ill mannered response concerning something said when I was not even playing

Again not paying attention. It was mentioned multiple times on this forum after you started playing.

The current developers appear to be intent on changing the game entirely, and making it tedious, for example by removing the human interactions which were necessary to GvG & GBG, and even unbalancing the game and devaluing GBs through hugely overpowered buildings created from fragments.

You are getting good at it. Never noticed the "current" developers are the same as the ones when you started playing?

This is precisely the place to give them feedback, not to moan, but to persuade them to employ some developer's who understand what the job entails.

And how has that worked out since you started playing?

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Never noticed the "current" developers are the same as the ones when you started playing?
it is NOT the same developers as when most of us started playing, IF we have played for more than 3 years.

First, Innogames was sold to MTG in early 2021 and you can definitely tell the change in the game since then, it veered wildly into profit-driven micro-transaction mobile game with simplified everything, and away from the rich, multi-layered strategy game that got it such accolades as "the must play browser game of the year" and so on.

Second, half the dev team was laid off around this time last year, judging by the increase in bugs and broken things (remember when we had an event extended for a day because quests broke in the middle of an event?? for the first time ever) it was the better-paid coders who knew what they were doing that got laid off, because you know, cost-savings over producing a good product.

How has feedback worked out? Not well, as they will do whatever they will do for profits and when this well runs dry, I guess they'll just buy another game and bleed it dry too. Believe it or not, there was a time when I didn't come to the forums to complain every day, from 2014 to 2020 I barely came to the forums because the game changes mostly made sense and my biggest concern was recruiting, running a guild, and battling it out with other guilds.

Now my main adversary in the game is the developers and what half-baked bug-ridden money-sucking feature/event/Rivals are going to be thrown at me next that I have to go warn everyone about the pitfalls to avoid, because everything is a TRAP to earn those micro-transactions and profits, and the path through requires a very specific strategy if you're going to attempt it at all. And they realize we keep figuring that out from Beta, which I'm willing to bet is why the live release has started to be vary a lot from the beta versions on the last couple of events. I SEE YOU. lol. Happy Easter.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Inno did most of these things to their earlier games way before MTG got involved. I saw them decimate games that 1-5000 played each server, condense servers and playthrough from 1-2 years a server and convert with 'improvements' to 5-6 months per server and maybe 2-500 active players per server before they even started messing with FOE too much. Micro transactions, buff packages, events etc, they did it all before any futher involvement.

Although there does feel like a scrape the barrell has been added to micro transactions here now.

Agent327

Overlord
it is NOT the same developers as when most of us started playing, IF we have played for more than 3 years.

Was I responding to you? Does not look like I quoted your post, but thanks for confirming I am right. You could have just said so without the history lesson.

harold mouse

Corporal
Again not paying attention. It was mentioned multiple times on this forum after you started playing.

Look to yourself. You don't even pay attention to what was said in the post you are responding to.

Never noticed the "current" developers are the same as the ones when you started playing?
How is that relevant? The game was made good before I started playing, and not by the current developers. Obviously, as I am neither ignorant of coding nor an imbecile, I have have noticed that all the changes since I started playing have been made for simplicity of coding and without reference to improving the game. Just adding to the chores and introducing huge unbalancing buffs for the sake of quick profits, regardless of the fact that they are making a game that, before too long, no one will want to play. I have already decided that when I am done in this city, I will not start another as I had planned to do, and the word in the guilds is that fighters are leaving the game because GBG is now so tedious and GvG is no more. And Polynesia is so excitingly simple that one can only think it inane.

I never offered feedback when I started playing, since unlike you, I would prefer to know what I am talking about. As it happens all the evidence is that Inno don't care if they do kill the game. We can but try. Meanwhile you, while claiming to have inside knowledge of things that only Inno could know, are either an employee, tasked not to reveal such things, or a fraud. As you don't seem smart enough to be the former, I think you are probably the latter.

Agent327

Overlord
Look to yourself. You don't even pay attention to what was said in the post you are responding to.

Did you or did you not say it was something said at a time whem you were not playing? Video of what was said has been posted more than once since you were playing, so you really claim you pay attention?

How is that relevant? The game was made good before I started playing, and not by the current developers.

How do you know the game was made good before you started playing and not by the current developers? Did you look it up? Is it hearsay? Or are you clairevoyant?

Obviously, as I am neither ignorant of coding nor an imbecile

Your words, not mine, but I have noticed that almost every player seems to know all about coding and would do a much better job.

I never offered feedback when I started playing, since unlike you, I would prefer to know what I am talking about.

Never???? Then what are you doing in so many feedback threads.

As it happens all the evidence is that Inno don't care if they do kill the game. We can but try. Meanwhile you, while claiming to have inside knowledge of things that only Inno could know, are either an employee, tasked not to reveal such things, or a fraud. As you don't seem smart enough to be the former, I think you are probably the latter.

I never claimed to have inside knowledge. You however seem to do since you have evidence Inno don't care, so please share. Are you an employee, revealing something you are not supposed to, or a fraud? As you don't seem smart enough to be the former, I think you are probably the latter.