• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Make Icons More Noticeable

DeletedUser12400

Proposal: Make all icons(idle, m/p, plunder, event ect) more noticeable

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: N/A

Reason: Its hard to notice icons especially with poor eyesight.

Visual Aids: It's just an example(they can be larger, flashing ect).

1574530554908.png

Balance/Abuse Prevention: N/A

Sincerly, OVERTYPE EMPEROR.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108379

Yeah and I just gave myself a perfect example :lol:

But that is also a perfect example that to make the icons red, do not make them better to see. It depends on the colours around them.

I never had a problem to spot the icon for "that building was plundered", and I think you can go from the icon list at the right to the building, just as with idle buildings. So I don't see any reason to change that icon. But I also would not mind if it were changed, just think there are some more important thinks to change.

DeletedUser106696

+1

But I'd go flashing or slightly bigger rather than red - but that's probably just my eyes ;)

However, I have to say I never had half as much trouble seeing anything as I have with these blessed apple trees which are fruiting across my wilderness. The big difference there is that with all the "town icons", say plundered, idle, ripe etc. is that you have a big icon on the side that tells you whether there are still buildings left in that condition, so you can do another pass - no such luck with apple trees :(

Counting via the event log and keeping a list of trees harvested seems a little excessive imho

DeletedUser109385

+1

But I'd go flashing or slightly bigger rather than red - but that's probably just my eyes ;)

However, I have to say I never had half as much trouble seeing anything as I have with these blessed apple trees which are fruiting across my wilderness. The big difference there is that with all the "town icons", say plundered, idle, ripe etc. is that you have a big icon on the side that tells you whether there are still buildings left in that condition, so you can do another pass - no such luck with apple trees :(

Counting via the event log and keeping a list of trees harvested seems a little excessive imho
Those tress should glow instead to make it very easy to find them

DeletedUser109385

If you have a small city then it's not that hard to notice icons however with a big city like OVERTYPE's it's a different story

Vesiger

Monarch
If you have a small city then it's not that hard to notice icons however with a big city like OVERTYPE's it's a different story
Since the trees appear in the wilderness, I'd have thought that the larger the city, the less wilderness there was to check!

DeletedUser10851

I am one of those people with poor eyes and need to wear glass or the screen is nothing but 1 big blurr. A temporary solution until the devs catch on to the idea, is make your play screen larger. I am referring to peeps who play on a lap or desk top system. Hand held.. well that's just an impossibility for me. AND don't just use the game scroll to enlarge, use your browser "+". You can then set it to the best possible size for you to find all the icons including those in events. To move around the screen use your "arrows" or the "w" (up), "s" (down), "a" (left), "d" (right) keys for movement.

I just hope the devs do catch on and all it would take is (like mentioned already) add some color or increase the icon size by 50%. For the Apple event, instead of a bunch of little apples around a tree, 3 larger ones (still smallish but much large than what is currently done) would speed things up a bit for us poorly sighted and color blind people.

Devs keep in mind that all the hammered advertising trying to get players to "buy Diamonds" doesn't do much other than annoy people. Frustrated players tend to not spend at all. Advertise, but Do Not Badger and take logical suggestions with ideas like in this thread, very seriously. It does not take away from, but enhances game play. Happy players tend to spend, because the game is fun, in their view. Give a little to gain a lot.