• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GCM blinking when under siege!

• Thread starter DeletedUser12400
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12400

Proposal: Guild continent map blinking when your guild sectors are under siege.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea? There are similar but half-baked.

Reason: Simply to improve guild-versus-guild environment.

Details: The guilds need to build a watchtower on particular sector which would cost some amount of goods or even medals. In the guild continent map the sector tower would look a little bit different or not. The guilds are capable to dismantle the watchtower and receive back less or none of investments.

Visual Aids:

1.jpg

2.png

3.png

4.jpg

Balance/Abuse Prevention: N/A

DeletedUser107476

+0 on idea in current state

A message in the guild mail they created, would work better in my view, with era and sector. Most guilds send out a mail about siege and thus the system would do this instead.

DeletedUser16126

-1, the surprise factor allows smaller guilds to participate in GvG.
This proposal is just in favour of the big guilds that have many people online.
In fact such an indicator is already sometimes there, It's called "friends", who message you when your guild is under siege.
But of course this notification doesn't come for free, you'll have to build a relationship with other players.
Your proposal would make the interplayer communication less important.
I just like it a lot.

DeletedUser100832

nope. If you are getting attacked in several ages simultaneously, and you do not know which one the attack is coming in first, you have to delegate fighters to map checking.

big -1 (I wish I could do it in red but I cannot be bothered)

DeletedUser107476

nope. If you are getting attacked in several ages simultaneously, and you do not know which one the attack is coming in first, you have to delegate fighters to map checking.

big -1 (I wish I could do it in red but I cannot be bothered)
You seem to be saying that the adjustment I suggested would be more appropriate?

joesoap

Major-General
what would happen to the watchtower if the guild loses the sector its built in, would it just relocate to another sector, like the HQ does, or would it be lost?
also can the watchtower be moved in case the guild wants to release sectors & move to a better position on the map, can they take it with them or would they have to sell it & rebuilt another 1?

DeletedUser12400

what would happen to the watchtower if the guild loses the sector its built in, would it just relocate to another sector, like the HQ does, or would it be lost?
also can the watchtower be moved in case the guild wants to release sectors & move to a better position on the map, can they take it with them or would they have to sell it & rebuilt another 1?
It definitely would be lost and can't be moved. The watchtower count could be limited or unlimited but cost would increase same as with sectors. Another subject for discussion..

joesoap

Major-General
It definitely would be lost and can't be moved. The watchtower count could be limited or unlimited but cost would increase same as with sectors. Another subject for discussion..
so the watchtower thats going to tell me that a sector in that map is under seige wont be able to tell me as that sector has been taken by another guild & so i am sitting thinking all is well when in actual fact i have lost all my sectors, maybe i am getting this wrong but if i can lose the watchtower as easily as a sector then it still means that some1 has to constantly watch & check the map
i think that theres a lot of details missing from this idea

DeletedUser12400

so the watchtower thats going to tell me that a sector in that map is under seige wont be able to tell me as that sector has been taken by another guild & so i am sitting thinking all is well when in actual fact i have lost all my sectors, maybe i am getting this wrong but if i can lose the watchtower as easily as a sector then it still means that some1 has to constantly watch & check the map
i think that theres a lot of details missing from this idea

#1 The watchtower is warning about actual siege and once your sector is taken it stops. If your adjacent sectors wont have watchtowers as well then you might lose most of your sectors while you are thinking everything is well.

#2 The watchtower is warning about actual siege and won't stop warning until you actually check guild continet map even if sector was taken and its marked on guild continent map as taken.

2 (1).png

I'm giving overall idea! I don't include a lot of details so the idea doesn't get down voted because of specific thing and if this idea will see a daylight then developers will make it the way they see it.

DeletedUser6838

+0 on idea in current state

A message in the guild mail they created, would work better in my view, with era and sector. Most guilds send out a mail about siege and thus the system would do this instead.
Well, why you need a message with details with when?where?who? etc? if you get a siege icon on a green sector while yer in the guild continent overview, you can just swiftly locate it while taking a look at the continent, it's not like you need 2 screens to see the whole continent at once u.u

+1 i really would like to get a red blink on the button that warns me and other guildies =3.

DeletedUser107476

Well, why you need a message with details with when?where?who? etc? if you get a siege icon on a green sector while yer in the guild continent overview, you can just swiftly locate it while taking a look at the continent, it's not like you need 2 screens to see the whole continent at once u.u

+1 i really would like to get a red blink on the button that warns me and other guildies =3.
That depends on how many eras you are in how fast it is to locate. It also would save time as no mail needs to be sent once located as the system has already sent it.

DeletedUser108379

Looks for me it is too much in favor of bigger guilds with already many sectors.
For smaller ones the possibility to sneak in unnoticed is very often the only chance they have.

And it would make taking additional sectors must more costly, because the attacked guild will take down your siege, so you need many of them. What does that mean? Less attacks in GvG, especially in lower ages.

DeletedUser99363

-1 makes GvsG even more automatic or easy to maintain, the surprise or off hour fighitng and many other examples why this is a negative idea

DeletedUser103370

+1
Very nicely made idea m8, congrats. You really put effort in it.
To people who wanna use the advantage of not knowing when you attack, I just say this:
Imho GVG should NOT be about trying and sneak in to snipe your sector, rather about FIGHTING! It's not supposed to be a passive picnic, rather something which would involve as many players as possible, and have the thrill of cooperating with your guild-mates. Also note that only because the attacked guild would be notified, doesn't necessarily means they can't be surprised! There are more and less active times of days for every guild, which still could be used as an advantage.
Therefore I would make the notification readily available for ANY guild who participates in GVG, WITHOUT the need to build anything.
Or if you insist on building a Watchtower, I'd make these buildings indestructible, and not taking a sector, but like an extra slot in each map, with an upkeep limit. For example, on every map there could be an empty Watchtower slot, where you could build it, only you could have a limited number of them working at any given time. This way you could prioritize the maps important to you and get notified when these have attacks, but not the rest.
ps. this would favor exactly the small guilds, not the big ones, since big guilds have more people to check on maps...
Oh AND notify as well when your guild is attacking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.