• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Full (non mobile/tablet) version of FoE on tablets

DeletedUser103460

Does anyone know what tablets can run the full "PC" version of the game. I want to be able to run the game with GVG, chat and all my founder capabilities but on a tablet when on the move.

Think this is something to do with Flash - but any help/guidance would be appreciated
Darren

DeletedUser16026

In order to play the browser version of the game you need the ability to run a browser, as well as to run Adobe Flash. In the case that the tablet does not support Adobe Flash, there are certain browsers which have their own Flash, though not all of them are free (Photon is a popular choice).

If you look up mobile browsers with flash you'll be able to look through a selection of apps in the designated stores (for iOS, Android).

DeletedUser99588

Even when using puffin browser on android tablet you get redirected to a page that says your device isn't supported. Puffin advised it is Innogames causing that to happen even though the browser supports flash.

Would be nice to know the reason.

DeletedUser

Even when using puffin browser on android tablet you get redirected to a page that says your device isn't supported. Puffin advised it is Innogames causing that to happen even though the browser supports flash.

Would be nice to know the reason.

It is inno, they added a redirect to bounce people who try to access the browser version on a mobile device to app/play store. To help players who don't realise there is an app I suppose, but it's a pain when using a flash browser.

DeletedUser99588

It is inno, they added a redirect to bounce people who try to access the browser version on a mobile device to app/play store. To help players who don't realise there is an app I suppose, but it's a pain when using a flash browser.

I can understand a message that tells you an App is available but I would like to have the choice to use the browser sometimes.

DeletedUser7719

I'm still able to use Puffin on my Andriod tablet and phone. At what point does it redirect you to the Play store?

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
Try logging in using https://en.forgeofempires.com/page, I found the /page on the end made it easier to access the browser version on photon.
Thank you for this. I was struggling to get the browser version. I have the FoE app on my lenovo tablet (android). Your advice allowed me to get FoE in a browser but I am not able to move the city around to get to buildings that do not appear in the initial view. I can get chat and the treasure hunt. The resolution is not as good as the app so I think I will stay with the app and only use puffin if I need to do something that the app doesn't allow.

DeletedUser5180

Thank you for this. I was struggling to get the browser version. I have the FoE app on my lenovo tablet (android). Your advice allowed me to get FoE in a browser but I am not able to move the city around to get to buildings that do not appear in the initial view. I can get chat and the treasure hunt. The resolution is not as good as the app so I think I will stay with the app and only use puffin if I need to do something that the app doesn't allow.

using puffin browser there is a semi opaque mouse icon on the bottom left which when clicked opens a touchpad to allow scrolling

alternatively on the right is a 3 vertical dots icon, click on it to open the puffin menu and choose theatre, this allows you to scroll around, then press the 'X' where the 3 dots previously was to exit theatre mode

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
Thank you very much. I would never have spotted the mouse icon myself as it sits right on top of the sound button. And although I did try opening the 3 dots I didn't know what theatre mode was so it didn't occur to me to try it. Most helpful of you to reply so promptly.

DeletedUser5180

Thank you very much. I would never have spotted the mouse icon myself as it sits right on top of the sound button. And although I did try opening the 3 dots I didn't know what theatre mode was so it didn't occur to me to try it. Most helpful of you to reply so promptly.

your welcome :)

I actually do a lot of gvg during laggy periods on my iPhone rather than the laptop and find the following works well...........

when you go onto the map start theatre mode to scroll if the sector you are interested in is not instantly visible then touch the sector and immediately the 'X' followed by expanding the screen enough to press view sector.

after a battle result screen press the 3 dots, theatre and quickly scroll back to the sector again then 'X' to exit theatre.... with some practise you can navigate around the army management and map etc just as quickly as using a mouse / touchpad even with a tiny screen