• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Can I play on my phone w/o the app?

Hi,
I have deleted FoE app from my iPhone and wish to keep it off.

In Firefox on my iPhone iOS 16.6), I’ve attempted several times to login to the international English servers (en8, en5, en0). Each time I see a message above the address bar, “Open link in App Store?” and “Not Now.” Clicking the latter drops the address bar message and I remain on the page from which I tried to navigate.

I tried also using Safari and I didn’t even get that question after entering URLs into the address bar—my phone just opened up FoE listing in App Store app.

Is it possible to play on my phone without using the app?

So far I’ve tried:
en[N].forgeofempires.com
en[N].forgeofempires.com/game
en[N].forgeofempires.com/online

Thanks

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
You did used to with dolphin browser but the difference between able to log in and playable are two totally different things even when Dophin worked.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
As far as I am aware you need the App to play on a "mobile" device, the browser version will only fully work on a full PC platform whether it be a main or laptop, My tablet has a PC platform but it is an emulated version like so many versions which have been made for " Mobile" devices and as such is not a full spec PC version, hence you tend to have things weirdly happening, like game works in all aspects except screen for city is black, or no sound or any one of a myriad of faults...I have tried lots of different browsers on my tablet but none of them allow the FOE browser version of the game to work correctly on "mobile" as they are not full browsers but "cut down" versions for mobile.... if I am incorrect in this and there is a browser out there somewhere that fully works, I apologise.

Last edited:

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
There are tablets it works on, My daughter has one and FOE works fine on both the app and browser. I tend to use it for checking for inactivity in the guild as I can't view it on mobile.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
i remember you were able to play it on Puffin browser, that's how i used to play GvG when i couldn't use PC, but i don't know if it's still possible