• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Idea: Better control of deleting units

RogerHolmes

Private
Proposal
With the new (wonderful) format of the list of military units, all the attached units of one type are listed together. If you have two or more barracks/factories making them then it is not possible to delete a specific unattached unit. Suppose you have two barracks making one type of unit and a quest asks you to recruit a number of units. If you delete two units so you can re-recruit them they might be from the same barracks so it will take eight hours to re-train them whereas if you could delete one from each barracks it only takes four hours.

I suggest that when you have opened a barracks/arsenal, and it is displaying the units attached to it (which it already does), that you could click on a unit and have the option to delete it. Or maybe just like the 'heal' button, have another button to delete it.

As the new format of the military unit list is so new, I do not think it likely anyone will have suggested this before.

Reason
I have listed the reason under the proposal above but if you want it spelled out, here is another copy:

With the new (wonderful) format of the list of military units, all the attached units of one type are listed together. If you have two or more barracks/factories making them then it is not possible to delete a specific unit. Suppose you have two barracks making one type of unit and a quest asks you to recruit a number of units. If you delete two units so you can re-recruit them they might be from the same barracks so it will take eight hours to re-train them whereas if you could delete one from each barracks it only takes four hours.

Details
Again, this is under the proposal but here is a copy:

I suggest that when you have opened a barracks/arsenal, and it is displaying the units attached to it (which it already does), that you could click on a unit and have the option to delete it. Or maybe just like the 'heal' button, have another button to delete it.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
I do not see that this would give any opportunity to cheat nor does it favour particular players or styles of play, it merely restores the old facility to do the same thing. I used to find deleting the first and last unattached units of a perticular type used to do what I wanted but that is now impossible.