• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [City] Label units according to which barracks they belong to

DeletedUser109385

Proposal:
Label the units in your army inventory based on what barracks they belong to
Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
Checked and found nothing
Reason:
It is really annoying when you take units to battles and you lose a great number of them only to find out they all belonged to the same barracks, with this idea it will allow the player to take units more evenly in terms of what barracks they belong to, Example: I take 8 mercenaries, 2 of them belong to first barracks, the other 2 to the second barracks, the other 2 to the third barrack and the last 2 to the fourth barrack, this will allow players to take units into battle more 'evenly' in terms of which barracks they belong to so they can recruit the units they lost more efficiently in terms of time.

Details:
All the units will be labelled with something like "Barrack 1", "Barrack 2" depending on which barracks they belong to so Example: I have 10 Legionaries, 4 of them belong to one particular barrack so they will all be labelled "Barrack 1" the other 4 belong to another barrack so they will all be labelled "Barrack 2" and the last 2 belong to another barrack so they will be labelled "Barrack 3". During battle the markers of which barracks the units belong to are not shown.

There will also be a setting which can enable and disable this idea so if the player doesn't like having markers on the top of their units then they can remove them by going to settings and disabling the feature that tags units of which barracks they come from, of course then can always turn the feature back on in the settings.
Visual Aids:
Can't provide any

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
No abuse included

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

I think it would be simpler to just add the delete button to military buildings than to tag every unit with a marker showing which one they came from....especially considering the glitch that happens when a unit 'dies' on defense, and you watch the replay.

DeletedUser100065

I'm too lazy to look but i'm sure this was suggested and apparently going to happen about 3yrs ago :D

+1 but would appear it's too much like work to impliment

DeletedUser109385

I think it would be simpler to just add the delete button to military buildings than to tag every unit with a marker showing which one they came from....
Why would you delete a unit when you battle? We are talking about units dying in battle not deleting them

DeletedUser6065

@ Meg - yes, suggested/talked about quite often, but I don't recall it being seriously considered by the dev's.

As for the idea, why not just send wounded units to next available barracks. No need for tagging/looking/selecting/special planning for deployment. Why all the difficulty? Next available slot. What's the big deal (and that is a question often asked).

. . . . mk

DeletedUser110195

@ Meg - yes, suggested/talked about quite often, but I don't recall it being seriously considered by the dev's.

As for the idea, why not just send wounded units to next available barracks. No need for tagging/looking/selecting/special planning for deployment. Why all the difficulty? Next available slot. What's the big deal (and that is a question often asked).

. . . . mk
Yes, the ability to move units from one building to another would solve, I think, every problem that ideas of this sort branch from: Units die(or need to be deleted)and you wind up discovering they're all from the same building, quadrupling the time needed to train them all.

DeletedUser108842

I always support and suggest myself ideas which will make the gameplay easier so I vote +1.

Pls bare in mind that the iNNO Games team will have to fix SO MANY things before implementing thing like this. Sadly.

DeletedUser111351

I'm too lazy to look but i'm sure this was suggested and apparently going to happen about 3yrs ago :D

+1 but would appear it's too much like work to impliment
+1
As for the "too much work," that's why my idea (I didn't find this one while searching, so semi-dupped it) simply called for using the slash used by unattached troops and simply using alternate colors to designate barracks link. There are certainly other (and more complete) solutions, but this would use graphics and tools already present and should require a very minor amount of work.

DeletedUser111299

+1
Have only room for one barrack of every type max now, but it would have been a help earlier. And it would be a help for newer players.

DeletedUser112098

+ 1
The idea of labeling units would make the replacement of your destroyed units much more efficient. Indeed, it's annoying to find out that all of your casualties came from the same barracks.
It would be especially useful for players with a fighter profile, who make a big use of such buildings (with several duplicates of a same structure in their cities).

Agent327

Overlord
Idea has been forwarded to the devs a couple of years ago. Still nothing has been done with it, so it is most likely that nothing will be done with it.

DeletedUser6065

Idea has been forwarded to the devs a couple of years ago. Still nothing has been done with it, so it is most likely that nothing will be done with it.
I believe this is the third time this has been suggested.
. . . mk