• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Adjustments to Consumable Item Boost Limits Feedback Thread

Emma999

Captain
Sooooooooooo inno what's the logic in this? Did you need to act like you were making an update even though you were not and just decided to nerf coin and supply boosts, which are already irrelevant.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Is it possible in a future coming patch to have a button to delete those boosts from our inventory? It's annoying to have to spent months to get rid of them through the AD after an event, worse now as you can't consume the defensive ones in one go anymore starting on Monday.

Agent327

Overlord
You just got to love the logic behind this. First you introduce more and more buildings that give coins, supplies and army boosts, so players collect multiple of those each day. Then ofcourse the next logical step is to put a cap on it to ensure game stability and fairness. Makes perfect sense. It is totally in line with what we can expect from Inno.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Wonder how many players would have voted for coin/supply boost bulk activation if it had been mentioned a week later Inno was going to limit it.

The buffs are annoying they just clutter up inventories and now it's been turned into a daily chore to get rid of them. Complete idiotic move.

How is the current situation against some made up fairness policy? everyone has the same opportunity to earn the buffs it's nonsense.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
hahaha I could be why they had to turn it off, I never used coin/supply potions and have been gathering them for years, but since they came out with "finish all special productions" I got the brilliant idea to activate hundreds of them and use a few finish alls and collect my whole city a few times. Even without potions, my game lags every time I go into the town hall, because there's so much crap now the game has a hard time adding it all up. And they haven't even put QI boosts in the town hall or the blue boosts for GBG, more lag to come. I have to be quick to click off the boosts and to news (which should be the default anyway) or I get to watch it churn.

But yes, its a laugh when they mention "balance" and "fairness" on anything now, seriously? Elvis has left the building. LOL.

Emma999

Captain
You just got to love the logic behind this. First you introduce more and more buildings that give coins, supplies and army boosts, so players collect multiple of those each day. Then ofcourse the next logical step is to put a cap on it to ensure game stability and fairness. Makes perfect sense. It is totally in line with what we can expect from Inno.
I found out why when I did 700 boosts are once, couldnt collect my city with collect all bcs of the 2.1b cap - had to do it manually. They are making the change bcs they dont want people to know - i think.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Not because we don't want people to know, because we don't want people's game to be stuck. If we implement a mass activation of boosts it is also necessary to limit how many can be used at once, else everyone will be getting the same issue you did :)
I found out why when I did 700 boosts are once, couldnt collect my city with collect all bcs of the 2.1b cap - had to do it manually. They are making the change bcs they dont want people to know - i think.

Agent327

Overlord
Not because we don't want people to know, because we don't want people's game to be stuck. If we implement a mass activation of boosts it is also necessary to limit how many can be used at once, else everyone will be getting the same issue you did :)

That's total crap, cause that "issue" only applies to the use of coin boosts. Not defence boosts.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Because I have no intention of legitimising the way some players treat our support staff while expecting their help.
Technically it's legitimising the way former staff treat your support staff.

Us minions are fairly well behaved.

Agent327

Overlord
Because I have no intention of legitimising the way some players treat our support staff while expecting their help.

But it is fine to treat players as if they are stupid? The mass use of the defense boost does not get the game stuck. You could stack defence boosts till you saw blue in the face and still it would not effect gameplay. Coins caused a problem, but defence never. We were all given the same opportunity to acquire and use those boosts, have been doing that for years and now all of a sudden that is not fair use of the item?????

I am not expecting your help. I am expecting players not to be treated as if they are idiots. With the power creep that goes on in the game those defense boosts have become totally useless if you can not stack them, so why not remove them from the game?

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
But it is fine to treat players as if they are stupid? The mass use of the defense boost does not get the game stuck. You could stack defence boosts till you saw blue in the face and still it would not effect gameplay. Coins caused a problem, but defence never. We were all given the same opportunity to acquire and use those boosts, have been doing that for years and now all of a sudden that is not fair use of the item?????

I am not expecting your help. I am expecting players not to be treated as if they are idiots. With the power creep that goes on in the game those defense boosts have become totally useless if you can not stack them, so why not remove them from the game?
You are being reductive. I was clearly talking about the coin boosts. Deliberately misinterpreting comments in order to start an argument is known as 'trolling'.

Agent327

Overlord
You are being reductive. I was clearly talking about the coin boosts. Deliberately misinterpreting comments in order to start an argument is known as 'trolling'.

I am clearly talking about the defense boost. Something you do not seem to want to address. I think Nidwin asked a legitimate question on the subject and why not a cap at 10 and a bulk application for those as well? We have all had the same chances of collecting them and using them and now after several years that is not fair anymore?

Nidwin

Sergeant
The problem is that fairness isn't truly possible with FoE business model and that this kind of change may have the opposite effect. Big fish will always adapt and many times faster than the little ones. I've at least 36 level 2 Tapirs up in my main producing 5/6 300% def black boosts on collection. This helped me to lock a 5th sector guaranteed in plat league when I wanted/needed to. I did once popped 25 of them for an extra 6th sector and was able to go 181 attrition SAT at lock. This is of course now past but I will adapt and be back there in no time, without black def boosts on 30mins timers. The more I need to adapt the stronger I become because I adapt always faster and this adds to the already power creep. And for power creep, imagine now with QI.

NoblePaul17

Private
Damn ?? never would I have thought that in an ADULT game would I have seen so many times people complaining in the manor of the children that I once taught, with such comments ...... " Its not fair they've got more than me " , " Its not fair there guild is bigger than ours, we cant fight then on equal terms".
And now the latest, " We need to make it FAIR for eveyone ".
Is this not suppose to be a fighting game, were strategy and thinking about how to prevail should be at the foremost
If someone comes at me and they are weaker I will crush them without remorse, if they are stronger than me and crush me then I will look for ways to grow bigger and then crush them..... that is the nature of the game.
Putting ( to my mind ) silly caps on certian things just because " It's not fair " for those that have not yet got, or wont have, is ridiculous.
If as stated some use to many and there game gets bogged down, well its there own fault, lesson to be learned.
Stop getting into the ethos that it has to be fair for all, life is not fair, we find ways, adapt and over come.

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
'But it is fine to treat players as if they are stupid?'

This classic line from Agent327 who constantly regards other plays as being stupid!

Pot Kettle Black