• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Zoom

DeletedUser15432

I read somewhere that you can get better zoom by using the control + and control - features, it works on the landing page where you choose what worlds to play in but does not seem to work on the Actual city pages

Is there a way to get all the city into a single image that does not exceed the image upload for the forum because I want to do the same as Overtype and post images of all my cities in my journal and using the current print screen method, I can only get parts of each city into to the required download size

DeletedUser7719

The Zoom function does not work for Chrome or Firefox, but I think it does for Internet Explorer.

I would use a separate image hosting site like imgur (and most will give you the code to put when posting their image on a forum). I don't think Overtype uses the image upload feature at all (and I don't either for most of my images too)

DeletedUser5180

The Zoom function does not work for Chrome or Firefox, but I think it does for Internet Explorer.

I would use a separate image hosting site like imgur (and most will give you the code to put when posting their image on a forum). I don't think Overtype uses the image upload feature at all (and I don't either for most of my images too)

i downloaded lightshot and then copy n paste into paont

DeletedUser12400

I would suggest upload your images to prntscr.com it is a pretty good upload site. It will be my pleasure to help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102348

Also make sure picture is a Jpg, not Png format. Jpg will be a lot less MB's

DeletedUser

For people downloading programs to take screenshots or using other applications such as ms paint... there is a much easier way. Windows comes with a snipping tool, hit your windows key, type "snip" then press enter and it will start. Or find it through programs -> accessories it'll be in there somewhere.

Just use that to cut out whatever part of the screen you want to save then save it as whatever file type you want. Png is the best file format for screenshots, jpg is designed for high levels of interlacing and will possibly be a little smaller but the quality will be vastly reduced. A tiny bit of space saving is not relevant these days since we moved on from 56k modems.

DeletedUser

On a slightly different note, I would love to be able to zoom out further. Having just 'zoom in' and 'zoom out' as the only two options is no longer enough. Some cities are huge now, we really need a third zoom level so we can see more at a time!

DeletedUser7719

Also make sure picture is a Jpg, not Png format. Jpg will be a lot less MB's
Jpeg is worser quality though. However if you have a very large image in png and uses too much MB, some sites will not let you upload it or automatically convert it to jpeg to save space.