• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Zoom level defaults when returning from the village to the city

• World: en7, en1, en2, en3 (aka all of my worlds)
  • Browser and Version: Frefox 64.0 (64-bit) playing in HTML5 mode
  • Overview of the bug: We have 3 levels of zoom in the city: close, medium, far (roughly speaking). When I use "far" in the city, then I go to the Viking village (where I either don't change zoom, or change it to "far" - doesn't seem to matter), then after I come back to the city the zoom is set to "medium". The city zoom level was not remembered.
  • Screenshots: N/A
  • How often this occurs: Every time I come back from the village.
  • Urgency: Lives at risk... nah, small annoyance, that's all.
  • Preventative Actions: N/A
  • Summary: Done in the overview.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: Some:
    • Hard-refresh the browser: Yes
    • Temporarily disable all (greasemonkey) scripts and browser add-ons: Yes
    • Log out / Log in: Yes
    • Restart your computer: Yes
    • Try a different browser: No
    • Try a different computer: No
    • Try a different internet connection: No

As a programmer it makes sense to me to guess that the bug occurs because the village has only two levels of zoom, unlike the city, and the zoom is set by some kind of offset.
1.141.5b3f95f3af1 (12.12.2018 12:55)
HellRider The Mad (7411835)
en7
en_US
WEB 7,1,1,0
Windows 7
Firefox/64.0
1920x949
OpenGL Vendor=Mozilla Version=WebGL 2.0 Renderer=Mozilla GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (512 MB VRAM)

Last edited:

DeletedUser108359

• World: en7, en1, en2, en3 (aka all of my worlds)
  • Browser and Version: Frefox 64.0 (64-bit) playing in HTML5 mode
  • Overview of the bug: We have 3 levels of zoom in the city: close, medium, far (roughly speaking). When I use "far" in the city, then I go to the Viking village (where I either don't change zoom, or change it to "far" - doesn't seem to matter), then after I come back to the city the zoom is set to "medium". The city zoom level was not remembered.
  • Screenshots: N/A
  • How often this occurs: Every time I come back from the village.
  • Urgency: Lives at risk... nah, small annoyance, that's all.
  • Preventative Actions: N/A
  • Summary: Done in the overview.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: Some:
    • Hard-refresh the browser: Yes
    • Temporarily disable all (greasemonkey) scripts and browser add-ons: Yes
    • Log out / Log in: Yes
    • Restart your computer: Yes
    • Try a different browser: No
    • Try a different computer: No
    • Try a different internet connection: No

As a programmer it makes sense to me to guess that the bug occurs because the village has only two levels of zoom, unlike the city, and the zoom is set by some kind of offset.

This is how it was on Beta at first as well, but they corrected it there.
If you are at full zoom in your city then go into settlement, it stays on full, then if you change to min zoom in settlement and return to city, it has changed there as well.

im very surprised its still like that here. But im sure they will sort it out asap.

DeletedUser16026

This is still the behavior on Beta, has no changed there either. It's not a bug, but it's among list of feedback improvements that we're taking a look at. The main city has 3 zoom levels, settlements has 2, but in actuality zoom setting is currently shared between the two places which results in this scenario if you're using level 3 zoom in the main city.