• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

You say tomato

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamMills

Master Corporal
One of the things that I have been meaning to mention as an upgrade would be to have British times on British games rather than German ones.
However that is small beer (that's beer and not lager) compared to the use of the word 'Lumbar' when what they really mean is 'Wood'.
Then today I got a ystem message that said in part:- "I knew it was not gonna to be that easy..." and I thought what is wrong with 'going' rather than the non-word (apologies to Scotland) 'gonna'.
Does this perhaps mean that several people did the translation or just that Germans think that American is English???

DeletedUser

I would assume that if someone typed "Lumbar," they intended "Lumber," which is wood.

And while I agree that it should be avoided, "gonna" is in dictionaries, including British English dictionaries. ;)

DeletedUser276

Well I am Canadian :P I know they have a mix at head office of people from Canada, Britain, and other countries. Cant be perfect... but oooohhhh so close.

GrahamMills

Master Corporal
Well I am Canadian :P I know they have a mix at head office of people from Canada, Britain, and other countries. Cant be perfect... but oooohhhh so close.

I hope to watch some Canadian football live this week - as the Americans would say 'not perfect but better than nothing at this time of year".

DeletedUser

Yes Statman I agree that I can not spell but 'going' is as fast to type as 'gonna'.

I don't get you point. Are you just pointing out that people are typing things differently than you, and you think they're being inefficient?

DeletedUser

Sup
It's tomato not tomato, lol
gonna keep stuff real here :)
(Sup = What is up? OR How are you? OR What are you doing? OR ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.