• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Write code so only 1 player can battle at a time GVG

DeletedUser99363

Proposal: Figure out a code that would only allow 1 player to fight in 1 battle at a time in GvsG

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea, yes could not find anything

Reason: Cause undo losses of armies and goods cost

Details: when fighting in GvsG with 2 or more players in defence or offence alot of times the game allows 2 or more people to be fighting in the same battle adn whoever finishes it 1st boots all other players out which causes error screens to pop up and need to refresh game, this cause many issues in lost armies, Goods (reseiging costs) or defenders having time to place more defences in ect...ect.. the list of issue's this cause is very long. Its been a long time adn by no means im not a programmer but remember back in basic computer classes (and/if/or statements) if this occurs then that occurs, can the devs not figure out a way that if Player A is in a battle Player B cannot be placed in same battle so effective defending or attacking can occur.

Visual Aids: none

Balance/Abuse Prevention: none

DeletedUser7719

I don't hate the idea. I just rather have the issue fixed without having to do this...

DeletedUser2989

+1 I like this, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard for some form of "Assignment" system that prevents two people attacking the same army. It'd just have to come up with a pop-up or message saying "All defending armies are currently being attacked by other players" so that you know why it isn't letting you fight.

It make it more "first in gets the fights" and less "fastest gets the fights" which can also be a sensitive point in guilds.

DeletedUser99445

-1 from me. If a slow player gets the last fight and its a close call to take the sector as its being defended then the siege could be broken
The player with the last fight might be frozen out during the battle and have to re boot which might also cost the siege.

Better to just fix the issue of everyone being booted.

DeletedUser99363

well we usually fight with 4+ at a time and yet again got booted 3 times, and enemy was succesfull in defeating seige so we had to lay 1 more in to finish, so perhaps i should approach it diffrently then and submit tickets to Mods so they can review logs and see and credit the guild our lost seige costs and some army daily then, maybe that is solution?

DeletedUser99588

I agree with Gate2 the OP solution to one problem could cause another just as bad. Maybe what should happen is instead of being chucked out and having to refresh which is what happens at the moment the fight is terminated without damage to or loss of troops and a new one automatically started without having to return to the sector and select attack again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

I quite like this as well, many is the time that I have lost troops and had the battle end because another guild member has beaten the army I am fighting, therefore +1 for this idea