• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

World Wonders

DeletedUser15987

Proposal:

Recently a buddy and myself have been discussing possible ways to possibly further interest and attract more gamers. We think we have come up with an idea that would do just that! Here is the proposal- The developers initiate World Wonders that can only be obtained through Guild Cooperation. Each Wonder will benefit all players in a Guild.

Reason:
A way to make everything in the game become extra relevant, from a surplus amount of goods, supplies, and gold to an overabundance of blue prints and a way to attract gamers to spend more hours and enjoyment playing Forge.

Details:
The Forge Team announced over a year ago that our blue prints will someday be used for wondrous things.
This brings us to our idea of using up extra blue prints to obtain World Wonders.

World Wonders

What if there were 7 or more World Wonders to be built, with each one focusing on a special bonus. They could only be acquired by a Guild. Once acquired, every member of the guild would reap it's benefits.
We do not believe these should be easy to obtain. It should follow the same format as the Great Buildings. You will need a full set of blueprints to unlock it.
However, the World Wonders would need 25 blueprints to uncover compared to 9 needed for a GB.
And this brings us to finding a fair way to get rid of all the extra blue prints we have all stored up and continue to store up.

Blue Prints-
In order to get a special World Wonder blue print you would need to have an entire set of blue prints for a past great building. One full set would equal 1 super wonder blueprint.
Guild Members would keep using up all extra blue prints to keep trying to get the World Wonder.
More members would be polishing and motivating and even plundering in order to find as many extra blueprints as possible.
Then once we finally unlock a World Wonder, we would then have to use a huge amount of goods, supplies, medals and gold to open up the first level.

Let's say for the 1st level:

1 billion supplies
1 billion coins
10,000 goods of each era
1000 forge points
100000 medals

Now each World Wonder would have it's own special bonus that would be good for each member of the guild that acquired it.
Example, World Wonder 1 gives 5% attack bonus for level one.
Each level would get exponentially harder with more goods, supplies, gold, medals and forge points.

Balance:

This would also slow people down in the tech tree in order to help out their Guilds in order to get these special bonuses.
Gold becomes important, supplies become important, goods become important, medals become important, and forge points become important.
Now we would be spending them on our own cities and World Wonders to help our guild.
This would also balance out top players because they would most likely use all their surpluses to help acquire the World Wonders.
It would tie perfectly into guild wars because more super guilds would come together and there would be a lot more competition.

Abuse Prevention:
Sure, players could try and cheat by creating multi accounts and filling up a fake guild. They would not really make a dent at a World Wonder though, because they would lack the thousands of goods, supplies and gold that only active players can do through leveling up through the different ages.

Summary:
In summary, I think this is an idea that could bring Forge of Empires, an already fun game, do a highly addictive new level of excitement that could last beyond new ages or eras.

Questions:

Where would World Wonders be built?

Maybe there can be a page that we access through our Guild Page and that could where we contribute our forge points, supplies, goods, gold, and turn in full sets of great building blue prints for world wonder blueprints.

What would the World Wonders be?

My suggestions: The Great Pyramid of Giza (Goods)
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon (Supplies)
The Great Wall of China (Defense)
Taj Mahal-India (Culture)
Chichen Itza- Mexico (Offense)
Petra, Jordan - Ancient City (Extra Units)
The Colossus of Rhodes (Coins)

Should there only be 1 World Wonder for each bonus that is won by competing Guilds or should all Guilds be allowed to obtain these structures?

What should the bonuses give Guild Members at level 10 and how many of each supplies, goods, gold, forge points, medals should be needed?

DeletedUser15432

Well thought out. however, it will never be allowed for the following reasons: -

It will make the game easier for most players - score -1
Where would the building be placed as most cities are already struggling to find room for the existing buildings - score -1
The sheer scale of costs would discourage all guilds from seeking to obtain even one of these buildings - score -1
The proposed rewards would unbalance the game - score -1
Petra is just an over priced version of Alcatraz - score -1
Giza is already represented by St Marks, Alexandria, Babel and others - score -1
Wall of China us already covered by deal and St Basel - score -1
There are several great buildings that already give cultural rewards - score -1
Rhodes is also covered by Aachen, St Marks and additional building - score -1
Chicken is already covered by Zues, Aachen and del Monte - score -1
Gardens is already covered by several buildings either as direct supplies or boosts to supply buildings - score -1
Not reading sticky threads - score -1
Cumulative score -12
Actual rating would by abysmal but the ratings only go down to terrible

Surge

Brigadier-General
Ouch, Panzer. But then I guess you got the points right.

Thing is, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. If the costs were lowered, what's stopping the top guilds from dominating the lower guilds uncontested? You'd lock the servers into two divisions - those with and those without these buildings. All this fueled by guild war, you're going to destroy the game if this idea gets implemented.

Besides, whats stopping the premiums from just buying this outright, as a lot of people generally do with the release of new age GBs and ESPECIALLY when GBs were a fresh update?

DeletedUser7719

A similar idea was suggested about Guild Wonders, but you actually go into detail about it, so this idea should be able to get away ;)

Well, they have to keep us busy, don't they? If it didn't make it easier for us, why would we buy into it?

Where would the building be placed as most cities are already struggling to find room for the existing buildings - score -1
That's the question I have, and I think the answer will not involve our cities since this will bring a serious disadvantage to that specific person who has placed it in their city. This will also help out in Guild Wars as well if there was a "Guild's City".

The sheer scale of costs would discourage all guilds from seeking to obtain even one of these buildings - score -1
Here's something I want to add my own opinion about. How about the costs would scale to the amount of players in the guild, and the age each one is in? This would solve any multi-accounting issues, and before you say anything about having everyone but one premium player stay in the guild to do the leveling, rewards will only be given to those who have contributed to the Guild Wonder.

To take this a step further, every guildie gets to contribute a piece before the Guild Wonder can level. If a player has already contributed and (let's just say) two weeks or so have passed with still a few players not contributing to the Guild Wonder, the player who has already contributed can pay for 1 player every two days (the costs would now be scaled to to the player who is paying for the others, and as I mentioned earlier, the player who has not contributed will not gain the reward for this level).

I would like to also add rather than having a normal 10 levels, why not have levels be reflected on the amount of ages/eras we are in? Note this means if the Guild Wonder is now a level 3, any BA or Iron Age player will now have to pay EMA costs regardless.

Wouldn't this mean that the new GB from the ME would unbalance the game? It's going to give out at least one of these rewards, is it not?

Giza is already represented by St Marks, Alexandria, Babel and others - score -1
Gardens is already covered by several buildings either as direct supplies or boosts to supply buildings - score -1
That's like saying if the GB of the ME gave a (static) coin boost, this would be against the rules since it's already covered by CoA and SB. Even though I said that, maybe more original rewards should be created for these wonders ;)

Overall, this is a well thought out idea, it just needed a little more support :p

DeletedUser

Something like this is all ready implemented as far as guild wide in guild wars on the beta server...as for as leveling and making accomplishments guild wide, forge points on individuals through out the guild etc. I like the idea of having a guild city. It brings the guild together, it also makes everyone feel like they are involved in helping the guild. I think new goods should be introduced, so no one guild has a stock pile of goods all ready, and everyone has an ability to produce these goods no matter what level their on. That's fair, when talking about guild GB's Also a different coin or currency could be introduced as well, trading in goods, or supplies, or current coins, to get whats needed to build Guild GB's. There are a lot of different ways to do this. Overall, it could be brought to the game, within the rules and without giving the top guilds a huge advantage.

DeletedUser

That probably need some fixes. good as it are now, but could be even better.

Now that building is only those players who have reach end of tech tree. Would be better if that kind of thing is possible got earlier, than end of the game.
If i understand right "10,000 goods of each era" mean that we are upgrade our all own great buildings before we can even thought that our guilds member have 10,000 of each Progressive era goods. 125 of each resource on 80 player are not much, but..
I'm now on almost one year old server. I have ~ 400 of each progressive era goods, but my guilds member only 12 (including me) have reach progressive era, so we have no change to create that building :/
My GB's are not lvl 10 any of them, but it would be still nice, if i could upgrade that guild great building lvl 1, before i reach "end of the game" .

first level goods cost should be:
11,000 BA
9,500 IA
8,000 EMA
6,500 HMA
5,000 LMA
4,000 ColA
3,500 IndA
2,500 ProgE

And if i understand right every level is their own goods cost, so getting GB on level 10 cost more than 100k of each resource?

Every guild should be possible to choice more than one BG. Every next GB's cost should just be increased.
2x
3.5x
6x
9x...

the World Wonders would need 25 blueprints to uncover compared to 9 needed for a GB.

Blue Prints-
In order to get a special World Wonder blue print you would need to have an entire set of blue prints for a past great building. One full set would equal 1 super wonder blueprint.

That is lot of pictures. (anyone else think same way)
possible to get last one is like 4%!

to get last one you need to re create 17 blueprint!

04,00%
07,84%
11,53%
15,06%
18,46%
21,72%
24,86%
27,86%
30,75%
33,52%
36,18%
38,73%
41,18%
43,53%
45,79%
47,96%
50,04%

I do understand that those extra blueprints need to be useful, but all idea that this is available only end of the game isn't so great.

DeletedUser13082

Well thought out. however, it will never be allowed for the following reasons: -

Not reading sticky threads - score -1
Cumulative score -12
Actual rating would by abysmal but the ratings only go down to terrible

All of your points are irrelevant. For starters you are looking way too much into "making the game easier" rule. Almost all new ideas you are giving a -1 for making the game easier. Did FP packs not make the game easier? did great buildings not make the game easier? Did guilds not make the game easier? And so on and so forth. The rule of not making the game easier applies to ridiculous suggestions such as "instead of 30 diamonds from the quest it should give 100". The rule applies to making a pre-existing feature of the game easier, not for a brand new feature and EVERY new feature added to the game will always make the game easier to an extent but the players will have to work for that bonus, which they would clearly have to do in this feature idea.

As already stated in the OP, "Where would the World Wonders be built?". This is a topic for conversation and it was never said that it would be built in 1 specific players city. I do however like the idea given by byeordie of a "guild city" type of thing. Or simply make guild wars a bit more interesting with this feature. The World Wonders could be placed on a specific sector that the guild holds, usually their most powerful and best protected sector would be chosen for obvious reason. If a rival guild managed to take that sector then the World Wonder would be demolished and the guild that destroyed it would gain a World Wonder BP.

"The sheer scale of costs" would obviously not be a 1 player commitment. Those would be the amounts that all players would have to put into the building accumulatively in order to build/level it in the same way that 1 player doesn't donate hundreds of FP to a GB, instead multiple players donate to it.

"The proposed rewards would unbalance the game". Not really, great buildings unbalanced the game, this would just be adding to the new style of the game which was introduced with great buildings.

All of the attempts to say that the rewards are already covered. First you should try offering a counter idea which is then known as constructive criticism (much like I did above concerning where the building would be constructed). Secondly, the new GB (space needle) works as a cultural building so in your theory that GB should just be scrapped as we already have GB's that do this, also del monte aachen, deal castle, royal albert hall etc, should also all be scrapped as we have great buildings that already do those things. (zeus, st. basil's and lighthouse of alexandria).

"Not reading the sticky threads", how could you possibly know that this player hasn't read the sticky threads. Do you watch him/her through their window or are you just psychic?

Now all of your points have been proven invalid I'll go on to give my opinion of this thread.

Personally I think this is an excellent and extremely well thought out idea and I don't see many flaws in the idea at all. As byeordie mentioned there was a similar idea a while back but as this is such a well explained idea I don't think that is much of a problem. The situation of where the buildings would be constructed; My opinion for that has been mentioned above so no need to repeat it.

With these buildings being a guild wide bonus I think the pricing given already is a good rough estimate. However, these prices are a good estimate for top ranking guilds. When it comes to some of the lower guild which have large amounts of newer players in them, these prices would then be far too high. I Can't personally think of a way around this option as obviously having lower prices for lower level guilds wouldn't work. For starters they would be getting the same bonus for a much lower cost. Not too sure how that could be worked.

All that being said. It has been said before that the devs have in mind a picture of what they expect the end game to look like so unfortunately I never feel that big ideas such as this will ever come into play. I do however think this is a brilliant idea, extremely well thought out, very well explained and would make an amazing addition to the game mechanics.

+1 from me and seen as I de-bunked everything from Pzkpfwv1d +12 to cancel out the negativity ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like the idea, obv would need tweaking here and there but if the figures were looked at this could be developed into a good idea for the guilds :-) kim.