• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

World War S

World War S

GBG has always been a battlefield, but GvG has remained a mostly peaceful affair, partly due to all the spare land given how new Sinerania is... until now. The conflict between Synergy Factor (SF) and Terrain Titans (TT) has finally spilled over from GBG into GvG. The War has started, but what happens to the other guilds is still a question. Will Last Stand (LS) maintain their alliance with TT and support them? Will Shadow Realm (SA/ST) side with SF? What about the (so far) neutral powers like New Republic (NR)?

This is meant to be a continually updating timeline of events, rather than a single article as such. I've started it fairly bare bones, as there is a lot I either don't know or cannot remember, so if something is missing or wrong, please let me know and I will update it.

The Main Guilds
Synergy Factor (SF)
Terrain Titans (TT)
Last Stand (LS)
Shadow Realm (SA/ST) - formed from a merger between The Pirate Ship (TPS) and Wolf Spirit (WS), WS coming from a merger between WS and 12Monkey (12M).
New Republic (NR)

Pre-GBG

- SF are the top guild with several top players.
- Other guilds like MoM, TT, etc. typically have one high ranked player.
- Others like WS, LS etc. have none.
- GvG is more or less SF taking a substantial lead, guilds with a single big player play second fiddle.
- Over time TT takes a clear 2nd place ahead of the rest with a truce between them and SF in GvG.

GBG Round 1

(I don't know much about what happened here, I think SF had a deal with LS maybe?) SF wins.

GBG Round 2

(Still don't know much about this one) SF wins again.

GBG Round 3

SF > WS > TT > ? > ?.

- The first three guilds all start strong, but SF are ahead.
- TT try to go easy on WS to entice them into fighting SF as a natural enemy. WS instead takes advantage and claims 2nd.

GBG Round 4

SF > LS > WS > NR > TPS.
- SF and LS have a truce, leaving (mostly) WS fighting SF and NR fighting LS.
- The truce collapses, but the ranks stay more or less the same.

GBG Round 5

TT > LS > SF, GO, HLV

- TT and LS alliance first comes into effect and they use it to finally beat SF.

GBG Round 6

TT > LS > NR > KIS > SF

- The alliance continues and this time they push SF back to their home base and SF doesn't try to continue fighting.

GBG Round 7

TT > SA > SF > LS > ST

- WS and TPS merge to make the split guild SA and ST and make a return to platinum.
- TT/LS alliance continues but LS underperforms.
- TT still dominate, but some ground is made by others. - SA/SF form a tentative deal in the second half.

Between Rounds

- Sierra Sola from TT, LT.Death from LS and others leave to join SF.
- With Sierra Sola on board, SF go to war in GVG against TT with limited effective resistence.
- SF gain 1817 prestige from GVG and TT lose 3736 on the first day.
-
SA/ST form an alliance with SF, putting them at war with TT and LS.

GBG Round 8

SF > SA > TT > NASA > NR

- Looks like it will be TT, SA, NR, SF, NASA at the moment.
- The
SF/SA alliance takes an early lead, largely penning TT in, although with fierce resistance.
- 1st phase involves SF and SA with easy 1-2 and the rest fighting for third.
- 2nd phase has TT breaking out and securing 3rd place.
- 3rd phase sees SF and SA back right off with NASA and NR fighting right to the end for 4th.

Between Rounds

- Many more player moves including a huge exodus from TT with several key figures leaving after in-fighting and other issues.

GBG Round 9

- For the first time in S we have 6 platinum guilds, and importantly all four of the main warring guilds together.
- A resurgent LS with a weakened TT face off against SF and SA with Phoenix and Solo Smugglers in the mix.

Full disclosure, I am one of the leaders in Shadow Realm (SA), so I do have a bias in this, but will do my best to report as factually as possible.

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
NASA EKIPA is 5th with 650 MMR, LS is 6th with 602. If GBG is still gonna be 5 guilds LS will be out.

Yeah GBG top fighting is only five guilds, so interesting. (at least its always been only five so far, unless Inno decided to change it ninja style, which honestly would be for the better, you can't get higher then diamond anyway and once your there... That's it, may as well make it 8 guild chaos! :D)

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Maybe 8 guilds in diamond seemed like too many getting too high rewards at once to Inno? Think it'd be hard to have a diamond fight outside of the top 5 (Currently on the new world) due to the way MMR works, no idea though.

Giskler

Legend
Diamond league on R is always 5 as well, but we are currently the only guild in Diamond so might change once more get up there.

I thought it would do 5 as a minimum and 8 as a maximum, and will only pull in enough lower-tier guilds to fill the minimum 5. So you could only get 6 (or more) in diamond if there were 6 (or more) diamond guilds. If you got 9 diamond guilds, then you'd get two diamond battlegrounds.

Ivo Avido

Private
I thought it would do 5 as a minimum and 8 as a maximum, and will only pull in enough lower-tier guilds to fill the minimum 5. So you could only get 6 (or more) in diamond if there were 6 (or more) diamond guilds. If you got 9 diamond guilds, then you'd get two diamond battlegrounds.

That's what I'm assuming too, but I don't have enough observations to be sure about anything yet

TacticalNoob

Private
World War S

GBG has always been a battlefield, but GvG has remained a mostly peaceful affair, partly due to all the spare land given how new Sinerania is... until now. The conflict between Synergy Factor (SF) and Terrain Titans (TT) has finally spilled over from GBG into GvG. The War has started, but what happens to the other guilds is still a question. Will Last Stand (LS) maintain their alliance with TT and support them? Will Shadow Realm (SA/ST) side with SF? What about the (so far) neutral powers like New Republic (NR)?

This is meant to be a continually updating timeline of events, rather than a single article as such. I've started it fairly bare bones, as there is a lot I either don't know or cannot remember, so if something is missing or wrong, please let me know and I will update it.

The Main Guilds
Synergy Factor (SF)
Terrain Titans (TT)
Last Stand (LS)
Shadow Realm (SA/ST) - formed from a merger between The Pirate Ship (TPS) and Wolf Spirit (WS), WS coming from a merger between WS and 12Monkey (12M).
New Republic (NR)

Pre-GBG

- GvG is more or less SF taking a substantial lead, guilds with a single big player play second fiddle.
- Over time TT takes a clear 2nd place ahead of the rest with a truce between them and SF in GvG.

GBG Round 1

(I don't know much about what happened here, I think SF had a deal with LS maybe?) SF wins.

GBG Round 2

GBG Round 3

SF > WS > TT > ? > ?.

- TT try to go easy on WS to entice them into fighting SF as a natural enemy. WS instead takes advantage and claims 2nd.

GBG Round 4

SF > LS > WS > NR > TPS.

GBG Round 5

TT > LS > SF, GO, HLV

- TT and LS alliance first comes into effect and they use it to finally beat SF.

GBG Round 6

TT > LS > NR > KIS > SF

- The alliance continues and this time they push SF back to their home base and SF doesn't try to continue fighting.

GBG Round 7

TT > SA > SF > LS > ST

- WS and TPS merge to make the split guild SA and ST and make a return to platinum.
- TT still dominate, but some ground is made by others. - SA/SF form a tentative deal in the second half.

Between Rounds

- With Sierra Sola on board, SF go to war in GVG against TT with limited effective resistence.

GBG Round 8

Full disclosure, I am one of the leaders in Shadow Realm (SA), so I do have a bias in this, but will do my best to report as factually as possible.
Oh, also Cheers joins TT from SA.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General

Interesting, another one of those wait and see things. Ah FOE, a game of waiting :)

DeletedUser118799

Yes, there will be 5 guilds in platinum map, as long as there are 5 or less platinum guilds. If one guild rises to diamond then 4 platinum guilds will be pulled into diamond leage aswell, to have the min 5 guilds. If at that time there is 5 platinum guilds then the lowest ranked(according to mmr points) guild will start a platinum GBG map and pulling 4 highest gold guilds and so on.
Some time in the future when there is up to 8 diamond guilds then there will be a 8 guild matchup.

TacticalNoob

Private
World War S

The Main Guilds
Synergy Factor (SF)
Terrain Titans (TT)
Last Stand (LS)
New Republic (NR)

Pre-GBG

GBG Round 1

GBG Round 2

GBG Round 3

SF > WS > TT > ? > ?.

GBG Round 4

SF > LS > WS > NR > TPS.

GBG Round 5

TT > LS > SF, GO, HLV

GBG Round 6

TT > LS > NR > KIS > SF

GBG Round 7

TT > SA > SF > LS > ST

Between Rounds

GBG Round 8

Looks like we need to pull out the tanks.

Ha, Yeah, Cheers jumping around. I would've have gotten a quote from him about it but I think I would've had my account suspended if I posted anything he said.

P.S. Love you Cheers.

If anyone has any screenshots of the guild leaderboard from the past that they know the dates of, please message me. I was thinking of doing a rudimentary graph of things like prestige over time. Or really, any other things like final scores from GBG rounds (except those already posted in the forums).

yoda93

Private
Ha, Yeah, Cheers jumping around. I would've have gotten a quote from him about it but I think I would've had my account suspended if I posted anything he said.

P.S. Love you Cheers.

If anyone has any screenshots of the guild leaderboard from the past that they know the dates of, please message me. I was thinking of doing a rudimentary graph of things like prestige over time. Or really, any other things like final scores from GBG rounds (except those already posted in the forums).

You can see all of that on foestats or scoredb .. examples - https://foestats.com/en/en17/guilds/profile/?server=en17&world=Sinerania&id=2 | https://foe.scoredb.io/EN17

Giskler

Legend

P.S. Love you Cheers.

You can find prestige over time on the individual guild pages on scoredb and foestats.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General

P.S. Love you Cheers.

Yeah everything that I have taken screenshots of so far I've already posted here now, haha. Though I only pay attention really to Guild levels and GBG scoreboards, as they in the long and short term matter the most.

Its rather interesting how much GBG has sped up guild levelling, especially for guilds with hardly any people in them. No screenshots but been watching it, lot of growing guilds in Sin which is nice to see. Looking like a healthy server all round hopefully bring on more people and more guilds to pop up to accommodate. Actually nice that non-spenders can keep up with spenders thanks to GBG as well.

(Cannot wait for entire cities of just Soh's lvl 5's hahaha)

And yeah, Cheers is awesome :D You know I'm Australian as well? ;) Honestly sucks you can't be Australian on public forums.