• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

World map being accessible from LMA

DeletedUser111589

Possibly even earlier.

Recently I reached LMA Screenshot_20171219-010010-min.png
and decided to clear the Old World map (from Bronze age to Colonial) under impression that world map is unlockable only upon reaching Industrial age Screenshot_20171219-010043-min.png

Like seen on the picture.

My plan was to complete the Old World so that I won't have to worry about "scout" and "gain control of" quests for a while (until reaching industrial).

Boy, was I wrong and brought bigger and more trouble than I wanted.

Screenshot_20171219-010118-min.png Screenshot_20171219-010105-min.png

So, is this a prevention for auto complete quests during events for colonial sitting-ducks-growing-to-eagles or a bug?

In any case, do not make mistake I did, and progress tech parallel to map exploration.

Agent327

Overlord
So, is this a prevention for auto complete quests during events for colonial sitting-ducks-growing-to-eagles or a bug?

No it is common sense. As long as you have not conquered the entire map you do not auto complete these quests. Same as colonial sitting-ducks-growing-to-eagles still have to do tech qusts even if they are at the end of their era.

DeletedUser111589

No it is common sense. As long as you have not conquered the entire map you do not auto complete these quests. Same as colonial sitting-ducks-growing-to-eagles still have to do tech qusts even if they are at the end of their era.

Did you perhaps not read my post? World map is unlocked only after reaching Industrial, yet I in LMA, have it already unlocked.

That's why it is going against common sense, more so than Arcs in Iron age (as we don't have any limit as to how many ages up we can trade up/down goods.

DeletedUser110131

World map is unlocked only after reaching Industrial, yet I in LMA, have it already unlocked.
Where on Earth did you get that idea? The BA to CA continent, I completed early in LMA. Now I'm in CA, and have conquered 14 provinces of the InA continent, and have unlocked the PE continent. The World map is unlocked, and the InA continent made available, once you conquer Haulenois, as simple as that. If you have actually completed the BA to CA continent, you'll have a ship just outside the coast of Haulenois. Click on it!

You do, however, have to be careful about getting too far ahead; you need to be sure that you can conquer more provinces, if a quest should require it.

Just a bit of insight, provided by one of those "colonial sitting-ducks-growing-to-eagles". Believe it or not, it requires more strategy and understanding of the game than racing ahead on the tech-tree, until you find yourself outgunned and outmatched in an era you didn't prepare for, and then run to the forum complaining that your strategy didn't work, so the game must be broken.

In a contest between a sitting duck growing to be an eagle, and an ostrich in deep water, able neither to swim or fly, and a tendency to bury its head when things get scary, I'll put my money on the duck, every time.

DeletedUser110131

you must be in that era to build the 2 GB of it
I didn't notice that! Given OP's complaints about Iron Age Arcs, you'd think that would've been a giveaway that the panel was less than reliable...

DeletedUser111589

I didn't notice that! Given OP's complaints about Iron Age Arcs, you'd think that would've been a giveaway that the panel was less than reliable...

I'm not bothered by Iron age Arc.

But now seeing that picture, it really is unreliable, didn't give thought about unlockability of GB

DeletedUser110131

But now seeing that picture, it really is unreliable
You're right. Someone at Inno messed up. Whoever wrote the text was probably neither developer, or player, or particularly well informed. Simply replacing "Unlocked by reaching InA" with "Belonging to InA", or "InA introduces", or "Features of InA", would've made it factually correct. A lesson they should learn: Don't be more specific than your knowledge.

Agent327

Overlord
Did you perhaps not read my post? World map is unlocked only after reaching Industrial, yet I in LMA, have it already unlocked.

That's why it is going against common sense, more so than Arcs in Iron age (as we don't have any limit as to how many ages up we can trade up/down goods.

That little boat you are looking at you get when you have finished the Colonial age on the Continent Map. That boat will bring you to the Industrial part of the map. That is what unlocking it means. Same as the GB's you are looking at that little boat is part of the Industrial Age and same as the GB's you can get it sooner, so the quuestion shouldn't be if I read your post, but rather if you read and understood the game info. Why would the World Map need unlocking? The moment you access it in Bronze you are on it!

DeletedUser107476

That little boat you are looking at you get when you have finished the Colonial age on the Continent Map. That boat will bring you to the Industrial part of the map. That is what unlocking it means. Same as the GB's you are looking at that little boat is part of the Industrial Age and same as the GB's you can get it sooner, so the quuestion shouldn't be if I read your post, but rather if you read and understood the game info. Why would the World Map need unlocking? The moment you access it in Bronze you are on it!
You are missing the point. The information given is that until you reach industrial age you cannot get world map, Capitol or Royal Albert Hall as according to information they are not unlocked till then. This is incorrect information given by the game. Not a bug and should be sent in as ticket to support really.

Agent327

Overlord
You are missing the point. The information given is that until you reach industrial age you cannot get world map, Capitol or Royal Albert Hall as according to information they are not unlocked till then. This is incorrect information given by the game. Not a bug and should be sent in as ticket to support really.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't this info you get when you enter the Industrial Age and not when you are in LME?

DeletedUser110131

In the tech tree, in front of the name of each age, there's a question mark. If you click on it, you can get the information panel, regardless of whether you've reached the age. Don't worry, though; it's perfectly natural not to understand everything about the game info. ;)

Agent327

Overlord
In the tech tree, in front of the name of each age, there's a question mark. If you click on it, you can get the information panel, regardless of whether you've reached the age. Don't worry, though; it's perfectly natural not to understand everything about the game info. ;)

You are absolutely right about that last part. If you did understand everything about the game you would have known that on the PC the info you get on an age you have not reached yet is limited to the diamond buildings. Nothing else there unless you have reached that age. Don't worry though. Anyone can make a mistake and now you have learned something.

DeletedUser106369

I have to agree with Einrikr that even on the PC you can see what is available in every age right up to OF. Also if you hover over what looks like a no entry sign on any of the boxes you can see what goods and supplies you will need for all research right up to the end of OF.
@IIela I think the World Map text and pictures were probably added as the game expanded. When it first started you could only get as far as LMA. So when they added new era's they added new text. Possibly at the time you could not unlock the world map until you Industrial Age.

Agent327

Overlord
I have to agree with Einrikr that even on the PC you can see what is available in every age right up to OF. Also if you hover over what looks like a no entry sign on any of the boxes you can see what goods and supplies you will need for all research right up to the end of OF.

Agreeing with a fool only makes you a bigger fool. Pictures shown here you can not find on the PC.

DeletedUser106369

You are the fool. The picture that llela has 'upcoming unlocked by reaching Industrial Age' is available on PC. It also has a picture of the world map. Whats more if you click on the age your are currently in you will get 2 boxes. One that tells you what you have unlocked and the second tells you what is new in that age.