• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Wishing Well and the Great Diamond Robbery

DeletedUser

So, when chosing a special gift to aquire during the xmas, easter or other suchlike events - you see this thing called a wishing well, and see that if offers a 5% chance of diamonds. WOW, you think, that would be nice to help open a couple or so extra expansions, or even heal a few troops when the extra medals available from just a couple more battles in the PvP at the end of the week.
So, that's what I did, i saved up all my eggs this easter and splashed out 500 of them on a wishing well, instead of the 10 extra watchfires i would have otherwise treated myself too.

So, to date, it has issues goods of a long forgotten era about 20 times, forge points (2) about 20 times, coins (not much) about 40 times and resources (even less) all the other times. Of diamons there have been none!
Once or twice i would have felt a bit hard done by, as the 5% ratio means i should have had 4 diamond collections at the very least by now, but NONE. So, not wanting to say anything just incase it's just my poor luck, i thought i'd ask around.

I've spoken to people with 5 and 6 wishing wells, who haven't had ANY diamonds for months, people who've had well's since xmas who have never seen a diamond from them - this is apparently the norm.

So, FOE - I ask you to come clean - either correct what is clearly NOT a 5% ratio - or at least be honest about it being a less than 1% ratio.

Feel free to tell me i'm wrong and stick by your guns, but dont forget, we all play this game - the truth will out :)

DeletedUser7719

There is no official word on the chances of each output of the Wishing Well. Out of the 5K+ collects I have had from it, for diamonds, I've been as lucky of having a 13/780 chance (1.67%), and I've had as low of a 1/436 chance (0.23%). I think it should average to 1% in the long run, but you can never be certain ;)
Remember, the Wishing is random, so you can never find the exact percentage for them (but you can get close enough to estimate ;))

DeletedUser

i like your figures, i would say 1% rings true'ish with what i've heard from people too. think i'll probably just end up deleting it as that's the only reason i got it in first place. seems particularly, even supremely 'tight' of FOE to have such a stupidly low percentage as this. instead of endearing the game to me further it's actually just annoyed me a lot.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Heh. You think Inno would give you a 5% chance of diamonds on a WW? That's way too generous in their terms. I would want to dial that chance by five or ten times lower. For the many months I have had two wishing wells since Easter 2013 before demolishing them, I have never received a single diamond, and that was considering my long play time should at least garner one sack of diamonds before I tore it down. Well, nope. Two wells and a few months and I got nothing.

DeletedUser7719

Well, if they gave 10 or 5 diamonds instead of 50, it would probably be a 5% chance ;)

DeletedUser99588

I've been happy with my wishing wells but I didn't believe they would give lots of diamonds anyway and have been happy with the other rewards they provide. I think I have had a total of 150 diamonds since Christmas from two wishing wells. Both in different worlds.