• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Wishes

• Thread starter DeletedUser3460
  • Start date

DeletedUser3460

Consider this feedback or suggestion. . .

The battle stuff stinks! :-)

I think there should be a cost of losing a battle to an attacking player. Right now, aside from the lost resource/good/gold, there isn't any real cost to losing a battle. And, there is no real good way to prevent being attacked. So, I guess I see why it can't be penalized too much.

There should be a "city wall" technology/building that can be built and appears on the battle field when defending. Archers behind a city wall should be very hard to beat. Catapults (and perhaps battering rams) would be needed in order to breach a city wall.

But anyway, a bunch of archers atop a city wall should be very hard to attack and beat. Once a city wall is breached, buildings behind the city wall should take real damage.

Right now, there is virtually no incentive to defend a city. In fact, a smart neighborhood would leave their cities undefended so that no one gains significant points (PvP and game) from winning battles.

DeletedUser

Hey ferguss,

Please realize that in contrast to Innogames's other games, this one does not focus on battling specifically. It's more of a civilization game, although improved battle feature are announced.

It is also very unfair to create an additional penalty for players who just want to enjoy a peaceful game with already a big chance of them being 'farmed' for their productions if they do not pick it up in time.

The second point you are proposing alters the entire focus and gameplay of the game in it's current state, I doubt that will ever happen.
I am pretty sure things like city walls have been proposed before, but have never really made it far.

There is always incentive to defend your city. You need the productions your city makes. There are a lot of complaints about not having enough money, supplies or goods. If you do not defend what you have, you'll have even less!
And it is indeed a very viable strategy to leave your city undefended to prevent attackers from 'farming' you, because there is barely anything to gain, not even battle points, which can make them stop bothering - so that is already a defense technique. ;)

- L

DeletedUser3460

Yes, it is sort of a half hearted battle effort. It seems strange to me to have plundering and PvP awards (and game point awards), but not to implement it with any enthusiasm. If points were not awarded for attacking other players, I would have little or no complaint with how things are set up.

DeletedUser

You do get points for attacking other players.
Battle Points / 50 = Town Points gain

- L

DeletedUser3157

And it is indeed a very viable strategy to leave your city undefended to prevent attackers from 'farming' you, because there is barely anything to gain, not even battle points, which can make them stop bothering - so that is already a defense technique. ;)

- L

The way I see it, player not setting any defense does not care about being plundered. Otherwise he would at least try to protect his town. I always plunder players who do not set any defense and almost never plunder those that too.

DeletedUser

The way I see it, player not setting any defense does not care about being plundered. Otherwise he would at least try to protect his town. I always plunder players who do not set any defense and almost never plunder those that too.

That only works if there actually is something to plunder. If someone is very active it's just a waste of time really, unless you really care about those 200-240 Battle Points ;)

- L

DeletedUser3157

It depends if you have something of interest for me or not. Meaning if you are far advanced higher ranked player and keep no defense all the time, I will start remembering it and will develop a habbit of checking that town out at times.

Plus actually at some point when developed far enough, it will become smarter again to have some defense as it becomes strong enough for majority of less advanced player not to get through.

I mean if I were the small kid in my naberhood, first thing i'd do would kamikaze my whole naberhood and make a list of no def towns, espeically the big ones in HMA/LMA already. And then farm those towns every day, plunder gains from smth like windmill or gran farm are very nice if you are still in bronze age.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3460

Yeah, but a few goods or gold plundered on a 4 or even 8 hour cycle isn't significant to the big guy in the big picture.

Of course, since it costs nothing to defend your city (except giving the points opportunity to your opponents) since troops lost or injured in defense are all regenerated, might as well put in a few troops to stop the baby-plunders.

The point giving for battles won indicates that battles are intended to be an important part of the game. The implementation of battles does not indicate that battles are meant to be important. The inconsistency is what gets me.

DeletedUser3157

To big guy perhaps not that big deal, but to small guy it would be a very healthy boost. I mean taking my overnight or after work boosted farm would be 3900 supplies for example and not unlikely at all to be what you'd get. For bronze age player that would be a very nice boost. Or if he is even smarter, taking lets say 8h production of some LMA goods - you join a guild with advanced players and you can easly downtrade it into 160 bronze or 80 iron age goods...and that's just from one decient plunder, it seems to be like 20% of whole player base who keep no defense and you can give a go at them every day. Yes you might not get good plunders from most of them every day, but every day you will still hit a few great ones in here and there. But I quess it is thinking like this why I'm not really in the position of the small kid in naberhood.

DeletedUser3460

Yeah, I enjoyed a few good goods hits back a while ago. Lately, I'm lucky if I find some gold to plunder.

Am I correct in understanding that a good has to be completed before it can be plundered? If this is the case, surely most people can plan the production so that it is not available to plunder for very long.

DeletedUser

Am I correct in understanding that a good has to be completed before it can be plundered? If this is the case, surely most people can plan the production so that it is not available to plunder for very long.

Yep, only finished productions can be plundered. Hence why I said "And it is indeed a very viable strategy to leave your city undefended to prevent attackers from 'farming' you, because there is barely anything to gain, not even battle points, which can make them stop bothering - so that is already a defense technique."

- L

DeletedUser4800

Ferguss they do have penalties, very big ones actually in the form of having to wait about 4 hours on average to rebuild and heal units. Plus if you do decide to be an attacker you sacrifice some of the goods buildings, as you can only have so much citizens.

I actually feel unit build and heal times are very big right now and should be lowered.