• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter quests for smaller players

• Thread starter DeletedUser14919
  • Start date

DeletedUser14919

How the hell are players like myself supposed to complete these quests? I haven't even reached the progressive age yet(on Houndsmoor) and on only the 3rd quest I have to build things that are months away from being researched. Who-ever thought these quests up should in my opinion have thought about those players like myself who aren't very advanced in the tech tree. Players like myself can't do the 3rd quest and therefore can't continue to do any other quest either, unless on the 4th day the quest re-sets itself, thus giving players more advanced than myself and other similar sized players another unfair advantage, larger players already attack and plunder us smaller players at will, and now with the bonuses they'll get but we won't from the quests, they will find it even easier. Not a very good way to promote competition, unless you're in the top 100 perhaps.....The quests should be constructed in a way that every single player, big or small, can complete them....As it stands I will have gained the rewards from the 1st 2 quests and that will be it, unless as I said before, the quests re-set themselves daily....Suppose i'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if i'm stuck with this un-doable quest.....

DeletedUser8813

all you have to build is 10 trees they are the first lot you get in the game

DeletedUser6968

Like Hawr-nee Knight said : Build 10 trees from Stone Age and you will have completed the quest CHIEF.

DeletedUser7719

And note that building 10 trees is also the cheapest way of completing the quest as well ;)

DeletedUser1081

As noted elsewhere, the way this quest is phrased is really confusing for no reason. It means "or" but says "and". As we see, silly errors like that confuse and upset people. Unfortunate.

DeletedUser15432

How the hell are players like myself supposed to complete these quests? I haven't even reached the progressive age yet(on Houndsmoor) and on only the 3rd quest I have to build things that are months away from being researched. Who-ever thought these quests up should in my opinion have thought about those players like myself who aren't very advanced in the tech tree. Players like myself can't do the 3rd quest and therefore can't continue to do any other quest either, unless on the 4th day the quest re-sets itself, thus giving players more advanced than myself and other similar sized players another unfair advantage, larger players already attack and plunder us smaller players at will, and now with the bonuses they'll get but we won't from the quests, they will find it even easier. Not a very good way to promote competition, unless you're in the top 100 perhaps.....The quests should be constructed in a way that every single player, big or small, can complete them....As it stands I will have gained the rewards from the 1st 2 quests and that will be it, unless as I said before, the quests re-set themselves daily....Suppose i'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if i'm stuck with this un-doable quest.....

If you read the third quest correctly, it can be completed by the erection of 10 Iron Age trees at a cost 300 supplies, or is you build and sell, repeatedly 120 supplies and 2 minutes game time

DeletedUser1081

If you read the third quest correctly ...

If they had phrased it correctly, it would be a lot more likely that people would read it correctly. People who have been playing for a while can figure it out because we know how quests work, and we also have learned to decipher Innogames's often "quirky" English. But newcomers are right to be baffled by the weird misuse of the word "and" in this quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99520

If they had phrased it correctly.

Yes I agree with mink as I used up valuable resources not reading properly or not being able decipher the 'quirky' English as to what trees they were asking for and how many of each.

DeletedUser

hi, yes building 10 trees is the cheapest way, you should be able to complete all quests so long as you have completed the introduction at the start of the game, :-) kim.

DeletedUser6872

shame on the person who wrote this. it's really a big mistake!

DeletedUser653

If they had phrased it correctly, it would be a lot more likely that people would read it correctly. People who have been playing for a while can figure it out because we know how quests work, and we also have learned to decipher Innogames's often "quirky" English. But newcomers are right to be baffled by the weird misuse of the word "and" in this quest.

Mink, your right and this is something that INNO should be better at, its at the level a 8 year old school kid should get right so Inno has no reason to use such bad English.

DeletedUser7719

Funny thing is it DID say that. And then our ENGLISH PROOFREADERS, from a professional company, screwed that up by changing it as a "correction". And yes, they have been reprimanded for that.

Regards,

Anwar
​​​​​

DeletedUser5180

I hope that "reprimanded" means tied to a tree (original, urban, ornamental or Cyprus) and flogged without mercy for the torment and anguish their proof reading has caused some players here. Hehehe

DeletedUser15432

I hope that "reprimanded" means tied to a tree (original, urban, ornamental or Cyprus) and flogged without mercy for the torment and anguish their proof reading has caused some players here. Hehehe

Use a cat of nine tails on them, if you do not know how to make once, send a request and I will supply the details