• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter Event 2021 - Feedback

I am sure this has been raised before however I couldn't find the conversation thread. I have just received a "pay double" reward and immediately afterwards "shuffle" which compelled me to shuffle - as it does!. On the new screen I believe it should be fair to see the presents with the shuffle one exposed so it can be used when the player wishes to as reward for concluding your "Pay Double" one. I have no doubt this has been raised before (apologies for the repeat) but was wondering what the response was - thanks

Forwandert

Major-General
You don't get a response, we just provide feedback it's a one way thing. If something's an issue they may change or adjust it but that's as rare as a response.

It's been this way since the event started several years back so I would guess its not being changed.

Emberguard

Legend
On the new screen I believe it should be fair to see the presents with the shuffle one exposed so it can be used when the player wishes to as reward for concluding your "Pay Double" one. I have no doubt this has been raised before (apologies for the repeat) but was wondering what the response was - thanks
The response in the past to that is the double is given on the 10 stars, not the shuffle action. In effect you get an extra present (as you get an extra 10 stars) when you combine x2 with shuffle

Tut60

Private
Delete the Shrines of Knowledge

You’ve got a lot of wasted space just from how you’ve laid out the roads. Reconstruct the city and you’ll have space,

What is the plan for those 6 months?

The “useless” buildings change over time, if you are unwilling to swap out buildings then you will lack space. This is true of both Event buildings and Great Buildings

Yes. Depends on what exactly you want to achieve. You could arguably be fine without any attack GBs even up in the space ages as long as you’re completing events along the way. Attack boost has powercrept that much on event buildings that 1-2 event buildings can practically be the equivalent of placing down a new Lvl 10 Attack GB.

Heck, you could do any number of limitations on GBs if space is a concern. Hypothetically if we wanted to we could stick to just Arc and Alcatraz, use event buildings for everything else. I wouldn’t necessarily *want* to do that except as a experimental city (I like the benefits GBs provide and it does speed up the process to use a combination of Events and GBs instead of only one or the other), but if we’re getting into what’s “essential” those two are probably the highest priority (even then, I’ve got a city without a Alcatraz that’s fine with units from emissaries, bathhouse, Himeji and gov’s villa)

Thank you for intelligent and thoughtful response

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Winter Event Feedback - even though the Event is only roughly 50% over - the Event is disappointing, due to the change of the reduction of stars for the Main Quests. This has a significant impact on number of collectable stars, which in turn reduced the # of presents that could be opened, which in turn greatly reduced the odds of getting a key for the Calender. The Calendar as well as the main new Event bldg were the 2 primary reasons of interest in performing the Winter Event, and although it is estimated that the Event Bldg should be doable - the Calendar clearly is not - not even close. This was a huge failure on Inno's part to reduce event currency.
So, in conclusion, for Feedback, even though the Event Bldg may be doable, the sabatoge done to the Calendar keys has made this more of a failure. The enjoyability was greatly diminished. So, big thank you for the Developers who made a poor, and ultimately rushed, decision.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Winter Event Feedback - even though the Event is only roughly 50% over - the Event is disappointing, due to the change of the reduction of stars for the Main Quests. This has a significant impact on number of collectable stars, which in turn reduced the # of presents that could be opened, which in turn greatly reduced the odds of getting a key for the Calender. The Calendar as well as the main new Event bldg were the 2 primary reasons of interest in performing the Winter Event, and although it is estimated that the Event Bldg should be doable - the Calendar clearly is not - not even close. This was a huge failure on Inno's part to reduce event currency.
So, in conclusion, for Feedback, even though the Event Bldg may be doable, the sabatoge done to the Calendar keys has made this more of a failure. The enjoyability was greatly diminished. So, big thank you for the Developers who made a poor, and ultimately rushed, decision.
I think of it as Inno 'splitting' the Event.
An Event building that is gettable for the vast majority of players including F2P and the calendar as an extra for those willing to pay up.

Whether that's a good move or not, only Inno will know.

suethegreat

Captain
'Whether that's a good move or not, only Inno will know.'

The ramifications were not considered, nor was the season of goodwill or Holidays or winter or whatever spin is put on it. Even Scrooge changed his ways in the end. Established diamond farm players may cough up for missing keys or reindeer the rest of us left bemused

GADfan

Warrant Officer
'Whether that's a good move or not, only Inno will know.'

The ramifications were not considered, nor was the season of goodwill or Holidays or winter or whatever spin is put on it. Even Scrooge changed his ways in the end. Established diamond farm players may cough up for missing keys or reindeer the rest of us left bemused
While I definitely agree that the spirit of goodwill has been reduced in this year's Event, I also believe that there should be something extra for payers.
It keeps them paying and therefore keeps this game running for those who don't.

Burpo

Sergeant
I wish people would stop talking about price gouging.
This is a free game, you don't have to buy the game nor pay a subscription to play it.
The fact that you can actually earn diamonds in the game rather than paying real money for them is incredibly amazing as far as today's games go.

The Winter Event is not a very good investment for diamonds but as with any investment, consider the payback and if you don't think it offers enough bang for your buck, then just ignore it and wait for the next one.

I have had a wonderful 5 years playing a very entertaining game.

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I wish people would stop talking about price gouging.
This is a free game, you don't have to buy the game nor pay a subscription to play it.
The fact that you can actually earn diamonds in the game rather than paying real money for them is incredibly amazing as far as today's games go.

Ironically other events are better than the Winter event to reward players for participating. Ironic because yeah, season of giving and all that jazz. This event has an impossible calendar and a sleigh full of junk that's way overpriced. Players basically get nothing for participating daily, except disappointed, and I think that's what the feedback is really about.

The calendar isn't possible even after throwing diamonds at it to buy the largest possible extra stars pack x2. Diamonds that yes, I earned for free. All it takes is one run of bad luck trying to get a key and you used too many stars and won't have enough tries the next day to get a key either. You can only make up so many key fragments with daily challenges, so it takes all the fun out, might as well not even do it.

Typically I buy diamonds during the winter event, if there is 1 time per year I do, this is usually it. Its a gift to me and a gift to Inno. Not this time. There's a bad trend toward making it impossible to do well in events without spending some money, and as you were pointing out, it's been a great free game. But after all the bad decisions for the game direction, this year I'm feeling just as Scrooge-y as the calendar.

The event calendar is for money bags only.
I stopped my purchases a few years back because of the Scrooge-Like values of items all year long.

OpaWulfen

Private
I always thought this. In an event, a lot of the time they have three things. 1) The Seasonal Building 2) The daily thing (Calendar etc) and 3) The special super prize. I understand Inno is a company and needs to make money, but they need to find a balance to keep the players happy.

Why not make it so that anyone should be able to max out the Seasonal Building, as long as they put in the minimum effort. Make the calender key/ticket etc the daily quest. Not fragments, the whole key. That makes you log in every day to at least get the key. Lower the prize a bit if you must for balance. But make the Super Special thing (Like the Reindeer Sleigh or the Halloween Dolls) actually special. Give them some building either from the past or a unique one and some extra goods/FP's, Blueprints/Cosmetics. Make that for the hardcore whales.

And I know it won't stop everyone from complaining but least now most of the event is accessible to the bulk of the playerbase and the hardcore diamond folk still get their special goodies.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
I always thought this. In an event, a lot of the time they have three things. 1) The Seasonal Building 2) The daily thing (Calendar etc) and 3) The special super prize. I understand Inno is a company and needs to make money, but they need to find a balance to keep the players happy.

Why not make it so that anyone should be able to max out the Seasonal Building, as long as they put in the minimum effort. Make the calender key/ticket etc the daily quest. Not fragments, the whole key. That makes you log in every day to at least get the key. Lower the prize a bit if you must for balance. But make the Super Special thing (Like the Reindeer Sleigh or the Halloween Dolls) actually special. Give them some building either from the past or a unique one and some extra goods/FP's, Blueprints/Cosmetics. Make that for the hardcore whales.

And I know it won't stop everyone from complaining but least now most of the event is accessible to the bulk of the playerbase and the hardcore diamond folk still get their special goodies.
This makes a lot of sense I think. A unique building would certainly identify who the big spenders are while extra stuff would improve their worth. I'm not sure why gamers refer to folks as "hardcore" though. An enthusiastic with a show diamond in hand is saying I have a paying job and think we can have a good life together while a give it a whirl fella is saying I adore you and have this lucky plastic ring I won from the bubble gum machine. Hard core?

Why not make it so that anyone should be able to max out the Seasonal Building, as long as they put in the minimum effort.
Usually it's possible to get the special building from any event to max level without spending diamonds. I have all the the upgrades for the Winter Canal of this event now, and there's silll 14 days of the event left. It may not be possible, though, for brand new players who may not be able to make it all the way through the quest line.

MooingCat

Private
If you're able to get through the quest line and collect the daily stars getting a full event building is very easy. That's the reason for the star nerf, it was too easy on Beta and still is very easy after the nerf. This is a very long event, so you'll get enough for it by the end of the event.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Funny thought. Winter Event 2020, some people were screaming and crying that Inno was now making this a Pay-to-Play event only, with the introduction of the Reindeer Sleigh. This year, barely a peep about the Reindeer (other than a quantity of low quality items the Reindeer collect). The Calendar is exactly the same as last year - except by reducing the available quest Event Currency, it is made much more difficult to obtain (basically impossible to do without using a lot of diamonds), but it was not causing anywhere near the noise of the Sleigh had made last year.
As for the Event Buildings, there is near constant complaints from various people over the past year about it being 'near impossible' to obtain without diamond input - and not once has that happened. You do not need to be playing the game 24/7 to get a fully levelled Event Building, but you basically need a few minutes of time each and every day to obtain. That is all - a few minutes each and every day. And if you miss a day here or there, that has never been a problem either. Event Buildings are still very fair for all - for a simple cost of a few minutes every day.

Burpo

Sergeant
Why not make it so that anyone should be able to max out the Seasonal Building, as long as they put in the minimum effort.
I would actually prefer that it take significant effort to max out the seasonal building to separate the lazy from the diligent.
But I also think it would be a good idea if Inno offered a super special 'diamond expensive' building (ie one that would be difficult to buy with free diamonds) just to encourage and differentiate the big spenders from the free players.

Emberguard

Legend
But I also think it would be a good idea if Inno offered a super special 'diamond expensive' building (ie one that would be difficult to buy with free diamonds) just to encourage and differentiate the big spenders from the free players.
The whole appeal of the game is free to play can compete on the same level to pay to play, just takes longer.

What are you proposing a “super special, diamond expensive” building be? Wouldn’t that be the Castle System?

Burpo

Sergeant
The whole appeal of the game is free to play can compete on the same level to pay to play, just takes longer.

What are you proposing a “super special, diamond expensive” building be? Wouldn’t that be the Castle System?
To tell you the truth, I am happy there was NOT a diamond "separation".
But I think if Inno was serious about making money, that would be the best way to go.