• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter Event 2021 - Feedback

Jonny Aegon

Private
I’ve never bothered with the calendar and still managed to complete events. I suspect the calendar was intended for those that already had their playstyle to spend daily instead of in a single sitting

Thing is in order to complete the calendar you are very likely sacrificing at least 1 Upgrade through the Grand Prizes in order to get keys. That’s not a trade off I would be willing to make.

My advice? If you don’t believe you can complete the Calendar then ignore it, save your currency and spend the bulk in a single sitting later in the Event. For every day you spend without ending on a Shuffle you’re losing Grand Prize progress (shuffle gives free progress, presents reset progress each day)
Well I'm gonna wait for the end of the event, go to the next age and then start collecting rewards from my new age ;)

Knight of ICE

Of all the Events in the calendar year this is the one that Inno could use to really give their players some extra joy and reward, especially after running a 'Kindness' competition promoting ways to show it.....

That kindness competition had nothing to do with it. It ran in November, because of World Kindness Day in November. It was't initiated by Inno and only ran on this forum.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
That kindness competition had nothing to do with it. It ran in November, because of World Kindness Day in November. It was't initiated by Inno and only ran on this forum.
Do you actually read what we write? Or put your own spin on it?

I didn't say the Kindness competition was part of the Christmas Event. Because they were close together I linked the MEANING of the competition to the THEME of this Event, i.e kindness and goodwill, often associated with Christmas you'll find.

And isn't this forum under the banner of 'Forge of Empires'?
So Inno must have an interest in what happens on the forum and would remove anything they were unhappy with. So they were clearly ok with a competition ran in their product's name on this forum with the theme of 'Kindness'.
Yes?
So my feedback and suggestion that Inno could go the extra mile and make this one particular Event a bit less rigid than the others, and with a bit more in the way of presents (rewards) still stands.

Knight of ICE

I didn't say the Kindness competition was part of the Christmas Event. Because they were close together I linked the MEANING of the competition to the THEME of this Event, i.e kindness and goodwill, often associated with Christmas you'll find.

And like I told you that competition is not linked in any way and it wasn't started by Inno.

And isn't this forum under the banner of 'Forge of Empires'?
So Inno must have an interest in what happens on the forum and would remove anything they were unhappy with. So they were clearly ok with a competition ran in their product's name on this forum with the theme of 'Kindness'.

Inno has no interest in it. Forums are free to run monthly competitions. If Inno had an interest in it and wanted tu use the theme it would have run on all forums. It is just a theme and nothing more. Not related to the Winter Event in any way.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
And like I told you that competition is not linked in any way and it wasn't started by Inno.

Inno has no interest in it. Forums are free to run monthly competitions. If Inno had an interest in it and wanted tu use the theme it would have run on all forums. It is just a theme and nothing more. Not related to the Winter Event in any way.
No, you didn't 'tell' me, you corrected me. On a point I didn't make. Which is why I clarified it.
And no matter how many times you say it, or how many different ways you write the same thing, I never said the Kindness competition was part of this Event.
I suggested the competition idea of 'Kindness' could have been incorporated into the Event in terms of it's playability and rewards.
Please read the above words as many times as you need to understand them.

You seriously expect me to believe that Inno has no interest in a platform that is heavily linked to their biggest game?
And that if used inappropriately (not that it has, mind) could damage their reputation? Come on, pull the other one.....

Knight of ICE

I never said the Kindness competition was part of this Event.
I suggested the competition idea of 'Kindness' could have been incorporated into the Event in terms of it's playability and rewards.

This is what you said: " Of all the Events in the calendar year this is the one that Inno could use to really give their players some extra joy and reward, especially after running a 'Kindness' competition promoting ways to show it..... "

I read that as linking the kindness competition to the winter event and wanting extra rewards because of that. Hey, they ran a kindness competition, so they are obliged to be kind with extra presents in this event.

You seriously expect me to believe that Inno has no interest in a platform that is heavily linked to their biggest game?
And that if used inappropriately (not that it has, mind) could damage their reputation? Come on, pull the other one.....

Inno has an interest in it, but not in the way you think. Within reason Inno lets their CM's run not only the forums, but even the game. That's why you will not find 2 forums that are the same and can diffferent language servers have different rules. There are 25 diferent forums. One forum runs a kindness contest. Do you really believe Inno gets in a XMas mood because of that and starts handing out presents on all language servers?

Why would Inno want to give more free stuff away just because it's Christmas? Are they a charity organization?
The Winter (not Christmas) Event - like any other event - is an option for Inno to make players BUY more stuff. That's why we have all these events. They make players spend more money on the game.

Last edited:

Zontan

Private
I'm currently on Quest 19; some of the dialogue doesn't seem to match, e.g. quest dialogue before completing a particular quest might talk about decoration then after completion of said quest talk about marzipan. Noticed it on a few quests. Also seen the same dialogue after completing quests a few times, was along the lines of 'thanks for helping out with decorations'. Maybe it's linked to this?

GADfan

Warrant Officer
This is what you said: " Of all the Events in the calendar year this is the one that Inno could use to really give their players some extra joy and reward, especially after running a 'Kindness' competition promoting ways to show it..... "

I read that as linking the kindness competition to the winter event and wanting extra rewards because of that. Hey, they ran a kindness competition, so they are obliged to be kind with extra presents in this event.

Inno has an interest in it, but not in the way you think. Within reason Inno lets their CM's run not only the forums, but even the game. That's why you will not find 2 forums that are the same and can diffferent language servers have different rules. There are 25 diferent forums. One forum runs a kindness contest. Do you really believe Inno gets in a XMas mood because of that and starts handing out presents on all language servers?
Never said 'obliged'. Your word, not mine. Your spin on things again.
And you've gone from Inno having 'no interest' in this forum to Inno 'having an interest' and Inno letting the forum be run 'within reason'.
Make your mind up.

If 'Kindness' is the theme of a competition run on THIS forum (which is affiliated to Inno) and I am a user of THIS forum, then it's perfectly reasonable for me to comment on it. Christmas is traditionally a time of wanting peace, goodwill and togetherness, whether you agree with that or not. My suggesting that Inno take that idea of 'kindness' and apply it only to the Christmas Event is not unreasonable. Or should kindness stop at the end of World Kindness Day?

It doesn't even have to be extra, free rewards, it could just be a more relaxed, shorter, easier Event with a greater chance for everybody of getting something out of it.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Why would Inno want to give more free stuff away just because it's Christmas? Are they a charity organization?
The Winter (not Christmas) Event - like any other event - is an option for Inno to make players BUY more stuff. That's why we have all these events. They make players spend more money on the game.
It's about getting into the spirit of it all.
It's not unreasonable to wonder if Inno can't make ONE of their numerous Events more charitable than the others. And Christmas is the obvious one to choose given it's traditional links to goodwill.
I'm sure their designers could come up with a suitably tweaked Event.
If they're that bothered about cash inflow then have a stand-alone reward building that is purely diamond bought.

And it is a Christmas Event whether they use the term or not. All the Christmas related imagery makes that obvious.
Just like all the St Patrick's Day and Halloween imagery, for example, means those Events are about those occasions.

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
Don't expect anything for nothing, or much at all without great effort.

So just try your best, and be prepared to fail or take forever to finish something.

But above all, try to have fun!

suethegreat

Captain
I am still hoping 1 completed event building is possible without the calendar. I am on Q45 with only stars available from each days rewards and despite completing every key daily and newsletter stars + any odd incident stars i still only have 1 key and 2 others from sections for 7 days so far in my main city. I suspect the initial star reduction from beta was not properly thought through on how it impacted other parts of the event. Naturally there would be no admission of any faux pas simply a spinning exercise forgetting how many new players have joined over past couple of years now that need encouragement and retaining. This isn't a Christmas event as this season is gradually becoming part of the cancel culture! As for the forum not being an Inno mouthpiece why are we diverted here to learn about each event and why are we invited to provide feedback on THIS forum ? It is about time players realised they are never in the right and will never get any apology and stop viewing the tv adverts of 'build your city' 'play for free'. Happy Holidays everyone!

Tut60

Private
I am new to the game and learning Inno sales techniques

Even though I have found 5/9 reindeer, the amount of diamonds to claim the rewards stay fixed @ 2995 diamonds ! Why its not proportionate to what is missing ?

These 5/9 reindeer were acquired due to stars purchase with diamonds, so its very unreasonable, counter productive, to have to pay again the full amount !

Its margin vs volume

Knight of ICE

I am new to the game and learning Inno sales techniques

Even though I have found 5/9 reindeer, the amount of diamonds to claim the rewards stay fixed @ 2995 diamonds ! Why its not proportionate to what is missing ?

These 5/9 reindeer were acquired due to stars purchase with diamonds, so its very unreasonable, counter productive, to have to pay again the full amount !

Its margin vs volume

The volume is in the number of reindeers you have. You can pay 2995 diamonds for 1 reindeer, or for 9.

How you get your reindeer is not relevant at all.

Tut60

Private
Volume means encouraging more players buying vs keeping a high margin (fewer players buying)

Personally, I will hold my money toward this gouging.

Knight of ICE

Volume means encouraging more players buying vs keeping a high margin (fewer players buying)

Personally, I will hold my money toward this gouging.

It's right there in front of you.

rd.jpg

Reindeers increase the offer. Nothing about more reindeers will drop the price. It is clear from the start. I can understand that you do not like the way it works. Most players don't and just ignore this part of the event and the reindeers. That you used diamonds to buy stars to acquire reindeers was your own decision.

Tut60

Private
You don't seem to get it !

Its price gouging to make players pay for the same product twice

You do this and players start holding back, very short term sales technique

You don't pay for the same product twice. You chose to pay for STARS to open presents.
If you get a daily special from the presents you win a reindeer on top. You don't pay for the reindeer.
The more reindeer you win the more items you can buy for the same price in the special offer. The offer becomes better the more reindeer you are lucky to win from the presents.
It's two different "products". Stars and Special Offer. If you buy the first product you have a chance to increase the value of the second product.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

You do not pay for the same product twice. You paid for the reindeers and since they are an extra bonus that comes with the Daily Special, you paid for the Daily Special. That's product one. Product two is the rewards that come with the reindeers. Totally different from what you get when paying for product one. You have not bought that product yet.

As far as sales techniques go, Inno has been doing this for several years now. They can see the numbers. I am sure they know what they are doing.