• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter Event 2021 - Feedback

MooingCat

Private
The cut in stars sucks of course, but was definitely warranted. You could easily get 12-14 kits for the winter canal for free on beta. With the changes (which are smaller than they appear, you drop from 1355 to 1160 free stars), you can still easily get the winter canal fully leveled.

The calendar on the other hand is even more impossible to get for free than it was on beta, that should definitely be ignored unless your plan is to spend a lot of diamonds. On beta I posted a simulation I made of the event which showed that 0.6% out of 100k playthroughs got enough keys with 1355 stars, so I imagine that's pretty much 0% with the nerf.

Why this cut to 5 stars? Because of that useless box that nobody really needs as a reward? What about people who hoped to get last year's rewards thru the daily specials? What is their chance to get one now?

MooingCat

Private
Why this cut to 5 stars? Because of that useless box that nobody really needs as a reward? What about people who hoped to get last year's rewards thru the daily specials? What is their chance to get one now?
Not changed a lot. 195 (the amount lost) is around 1.5 daily specials on average, and the drop rate was already relatively high (11-12 on average).

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
MooingCat - has the Daily Event Quests also been changed from the number of stars awarded per quest? Also, the calendar key fragments that can be selected as Daily award, was it also a 1-3 pieces chance of winning? (35%/50%/15%).
Just curious to know if there are other changes from Beta.
Thanks

MooingCat

Private
MooingCat - has the Daily Event Quests also been changed from the number of stars awarded per quest? Also, the calendar key fragments that can be selected as Daily award, was it also a 1-3 pieces chance of winning? (35%/50%/15%).
Just curious to know if there are other changes from Beta.
Thanks
All of that is unchanged, only the rush quests have been nerfed so far.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
For me, I don't like that there's a new building as an end reward for every Event now.
I preferred being able to complete a partial building from the previous year (or get another full one) rather than relying on a random drop from a Daily Special.

Like others, I also think a month is too long a period for this Event, but only because there are so many of them now.
We should have far fewer Events, (which could allow for a month-long stint occasionally), with a really good Building as the reward, and it should be a challenge to get that building. And, if you don't get it fully upgraded, it should be offered again the following year.

-Jovian-

Private
This my first Christmas event in FoE - I won't get much but hey-ho.
I do find it incredibly stingy though, compared to other games in this genre.
5 stars for each quest, but 10 stars a go on the grid?
For newish players like me, only a chance of 3 or 4 event quests a day if lucky, so only a few goes at the grid - so virtually no chance of getting the key for the calendar - I haven't got one yet - surely it's the most tight-fisted thing of all not to give us a calendar with a free gift each day?
You know, Christmas and all that? :)
Clearly they're trying to get money out of us, but they could be a bit more subtle about it :)

And yeah, a month is far too long - zzzzz

GADfan

Warrant Officer
It isn't a Christmas Event.
Really?

It's run over the Christmas period.
It has reindeers, presents, decorated Christmas trees with gifts underneath.
It has Santa's Workshop and a Festive Grotto

It's a Christmas Event in all but name.
So how about more of that goodwill and a bit less of the tightfistedness?

Knight of ICE

Really?

It's run over the Christmas period.
It has reindeers, presents, decorated Christmas trees with gifts underneath.
It has Santa's Workshop and a Festive Grotto

It's a Christmas Event in all but name.
So how about more of that goodwill and a bit less of the tightfistedness?

Main prize is Winter Canal
You can win:
Portrait of the Winter Express Waiter
Winter Bakery selection kit
Winter Spire selection kit
Winter Train selection kit
Winter Train Cars selection kit

Christmas is just a part of it. Same as it is a part of the December month. If Inno would show more goodwill there would still be complaints it is not enough. Some people never appreciate what they get.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
You can win:

Christmas is just a part of it. Same as it is a part of the December month. If Inno would show more goodwill there would still be complaints it is not enough. Some people never appreciate what they get.
It's nice to see the War on Christmas in full effect!
HO... HO... HO.... take that you whining players!
and Be happy we let you play at all :)
your tears power the game servers,
your laments are like the music of carol singers,
ahhh it's the most WINTERY wonderful time of the year at the Ice Fortress!

I have had a couple of instances of the rewards on the Winter Event not 'paying out' correctly.

Firstly I received a X2, and then a Reveal 3 items but it only revealed 2 items (despite telling me prior it would reveal 6). Then I got a shuffle which took me back to the x2, but the next reveal only paid single.

Rewards are pretty tight on this event as it is, so when you don't get what is due, it is most annoying.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-05 at 09.41.42.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-05 at 09.41.42.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 80

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I have had a couple of instances of the rewards on the Winter Event not 'paying out' correctly.

Firstly I received a X2, and then a Reveal 3 items but it only revealed 2 items (despite telling me prior it would reveal 6). Then I got a shuffle which took me back to the x2, but the next reveal only paid single.

Rewards are pretty tight on this event as it is, so when you don't get what is due, it is most annoying.
The Reveal only ever reveals 2 presents. the +3 is earning some stars, and it's just a bad thing to hit with the doubler because a few stars was all it "doubled"

It's a bit confusing but some of the special prizes don't literally double, you get some other bonus instead. Likewise if you hit the key with the doubler, you get 1 key plus some fragment(s), not 2 calendar keys.

Jonny Aegon

Private
I play this game for 4 years now and i alwasy completed every event that came by. That means getting every level of the event building to maximize it, and the sidequests. Untill 2 events ago, for the first time i didn't make it. I thought it was a fluke, a one time thing.
But now there is the winter event. I did it several times and always got the whole calendar. Now I am on day 4 and not even a single calendar key came my way, so i allready now it will be impossible to complete the calendar.
The reason migth be the ridiculous low amount of stars given by the event missions. Just 5 ??? You need 10 to open a gift, and how many gifts does it take to get a key ? Let's say an average of 8.
So it is impossible to do without spending hundreds of dollars on it. O wait, that will be the reason the content creators did this ?
I am very much considering leaving the game after 4 years, i don't feel wellcome anymore.

Emberguard

Legend
I’ve never bothered with the calendar and still managed to complete events. I suspect the calendar was intended for those that already had their playstyle to spend daily instead of in a single sitting

Thing is in order to complete the calendar you are very likely sacrificing at least 1 Upgrade through the Grand Prizes in order to get keys. That’s not a trade off I would be willing to make.

My advice? If you don’t believe you can complete the Calendar then ignore it, save your currency and spend the bulk in a single sitting later in the Event. For every day you spend without ending on a Shuffle you’re losing Grand Prize progress (shuffle gives free progress, presents reset progress each day)

MooingCat

Private
To add to what Emberguard said, unlike with the Archaeology and Halloween event it's practically impossible to complete the calendar in this event if you don't spend diamonds. You simply don't have enough stars, especially not after the slight nerf to number of stars you get.

That doesn't mean it's hard to get the event building fully leveled, you can easily do that without the calendar :)

GADfan

Warrant Officer
You can win:

Christmas is just a part of it. Same as it is a part of the December month. If Inno would show more goodwill there would still be complaints it is not enough.
Putting the word 'Winter' in front of some buildings' name doesn't make much of an argument.
Those items, for the most part, are (or will be) available in the AD all year round but a lot of the graphics and imagery used in this Event are exclusive to it and show that it is THEMED around Christmas.

Of all the Events in the calendar year this is the one that Inno could use to really give their players some extra joy and reward, especially after running a 'Kindness' competition promoting ways to show it.....

Some people never appreciate what they get.

On this point I agree with you.